Page 407 of 534 FirstFirst ... 307357382397404405406407408409410417432457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 8000

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I received a rejection too. First time I ever tried out, though. Not sure what I did wrong!
    ... There's no place like home ...

I sent in my submission about a week ago, and still haven't heard back. No doubt I'll get a rejection letter back soon, but there's always still that sparkle of hope when you're awaiting your Disney fate! There's no telling what they are thinking!
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." G. K. Chesterton

Seriously Snow! I have my Tokyo audition though this Thursday, and then after i'm heading to DL so that will be a good day! Then next week is Paris auditions. Every time you just don't know what is going through their heads, so you just have to show up and shine.. i'm also doing it for the experience as i have my CP audition mid-October..

Yeah I wish that I could afford to shell the $300 (I think) and apply for the College Program. Unfortunately I can barely pay for rent and such.

I would adore doing the college program... however, I just don't really forsee a time that I would be able to, since I'm an education major and pretty much need to utilize every semester to finish in 4 years. The thing about the college program, Ruby, is that it is SO affordable if you can dish out the $300 down payment. It's practically just a work study job at Disney World after that, plus you get an incredible experience and something unique to put on your resume.

I would like to acquire a tad more dance and improv experience and knowledge before that, though. I feel like it would give me a better chance at getting an entertainment role if I ever did the cp. Otherwise, I don't think I would. It would be torturous for me to work at the park and not get to be a character performer!

Thanks! I was hoping, I have a decent British accent, I am currently in a show where I have to use one. I find it as being very good practice for Alice. I would love to play her for either Disneyland or Disney world but I like how much more interactive that group of characters seem to be at Disneyland, with musical chairs and all, a lot more than at Disney world. Disneyland is also such a different environment and since i have experienced that environment a few times less than the environment at Disney world I think I would appreciate working there more
    "I Want Adventure In The Great Wide Somewhere
    I Want It More Than I Can Tell
    And For Once It Might Be Grand
    To Have Someone Understand."

For what it's worth, I put off the CP until after graduation to finish in 4.5 years. If I was to change anything about my experience, it would be to put of graduation for 6 years and do at least two programs.

My role was in Main Entrance Operations and it was the best job ever.
    the-american-mystery-deepens.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I sent in my submission about a week ago, and still haven't heard back.
    I submitted mine three weeks ago and still haven't heard back either! Anyone else still waiting for a yes or no? I noticed they just put up another posting for electronic submissions but left out Belle and Periwinkle in the list of characters they're looking for...

I submitted mine on August 29th and still have yet to hear anything. My very wild guess is that they keep waiting/extending the deadline until they have enough "potentials" to audition all at once, since I doubt they would audition individuals. But it's all very mysterious and nerve-wracking, haha!

(Btw, I've been lurking on this thread awhile but I'm finally making an account and posting. Hi everyone! *waves* )

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Haha I did the same thing with sketching on the thread! Glad to know we're kindred spirits!

That would definitely make sense for them to wait until they have enough applicants. It is quite a mysterious thing, though! But at this point it does seem that no news is good news, so I suppose it's a positive that we haven't heard!

My best guess is that they found the Belles and Periwinkles they were looking for, but not the Ariels, Rapunzels and Tinkerbelles. I'd really like to do the CP, but as Snow said, not being a character performer would be kind of sad. I also cannot really afford to pay the initial $300 unfortunately.

Anywho, sending pixie dust to those who are still waiting to hear back/going to auditions!

Acceptances have been released for the CP and now i'm just waiting... i'm still "in progress" so i haven't been accepted, denied, or pended. We'll see! Also, i still have not heard back from electronic submissions.

With the new electronic submissions, they specifically say that if you already did the other electronic submissions that there is no reason to resubmit. So, I would say that if you haven't received a rejection yet, it is good news because they haven't denied you (yet)! When I applied for a different electronic submission, I received my rejection within a couple of weeks so I think that not hearing back yet means we're still in the running.

Sooo, what happens if they like you? Still waiting for my rejection letter over here. Surely it's because I submitted later than y'all.