Page 415 of 541 FirstFirst ... 315365390405412413414415416417418425440465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 8102

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hey everyone. So after reading through this thread a bit I thought there were some things that I could add.

My mom and all three of her sisters worked at Disneyland growing up in shows and parades both as face and fur characters and have lots of friends still working at Disneyland so I know a little bit about their requirements

1. No matter what you look like, how much they like you, how amazing you are, if you are under their age requirement (ie they need 18+ and you are 16) they will not hire you. The end.

2. Disney is very strict about height. There is sometimes wiggle room with half inches which I think someone mentioned but that's pretty much it. It mostly has to do with their costumes (in addition to the characters -Wendy is young = short, etc) and is the same with fur roles too, you need to fit into the costume so you have to be a certain height.

3. A big thing about face characters is obviously, your face. People with bigger faces have a better chance of getting the part- no matter who you look like. If your face is able to be seen from far away you have a better chance, especially if you look good in a wig.

4. Fake tans are a no no. They also like the younger, fresher faces.

As always there are exceptions to the rule, and my mom and her sisters haven't worked for Disney in years (I'm 21 and my mom worked there in high school and college if that helps) but Disney is a company based in tradition and they don't change much, especially standards such as those.

I hope this helps!! (:

Congratulations to everyone with success stories! How exciting!

Hey hannbann thanks for your input.. not necessarily directed towards you but a friend told me they went to Mickey's Not So Scary in WDW and they said that Alice was about 5'6.. again idk if this is sliding the height rule but i just wanted to note it here..

Quote Originally Posted by beachprincess View Post
    Hey hannbann thanks for your input.. not necessarily directed towards you but a friend told me they went to Mickey's Not So Scary in WDW and they said that Alice was about 5'6.. again idk if this is sliding the height rule but i just wanted to note it here..
    Are you sure she was a face character? It could've been someone who just dressed up as her.

Hey everyone!
    Question for you

I went to the WDW look-a-like audition at the end of October and it was a great experience. I made it to round two along with about six other girls and one guy out of around 80 people so I was pretty thrilled about that, but got cut for round three. The casting director only took the boy, who was very tall, and two girls. She was very encouraging and told everyone to please come back and try again in six months, as that was the general turnover rate for available roles. My question is though, how common is it to actually make it through to the end when you go back for a second, or third even, audition? I guess I assumed if they liked you enough the first time but there weren't any roles at that time then they would just put you in the "character pool" I've heard about? I think regardless I'll go back in March and try again but I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about that

thanks!

Congratulations bit of magic! If you don't mind me asking, what did you do in Round 2? If you were cut then, it must be because of whatever you were asked to do. So if it was dancing, maybe work on your dancing before the next audition? Just a thought. If it was the traditional typeout, line up and smile first round, and you made it through, that is a good sign because they like your looks - the one thing that is hard to change.

I have never been to a Disney audition but here are my thoughts, Bit. Basically I think when they cut you after you've made it through to at least Round 2, it is because they are looking for certain character roles. For example, maybe they are only looking for Snow White and Flynn. If you don't fit into those roles, but maybe into another one, that is why they cut you.

In my audition experience with Busch Gardens, there were about 100-150 people who were trying out for a particular role. They were only casting four to six people for the role! So that means a whole lot of people got cut.

It is usually that they are only looking for a particular character(s) and only x amount of roles to be filled that day. That's why WDW holds auditions all the time. Also, as km said, it could be that your dancing skills (or whatever they had you do that round) weren't as polished as the others who got pulled. Again, they are only looking for x number of people to fit into x number of roles. (sometimes only one role!)

---------- Post added 11-25-2012 at 04:58 PM ----------

I actually heard this too! I don't remember what youtube video it was (sorry!) but there was an Alice who seemed fairly tall at WDW. It gives me hope (being 5'5 1/2 myself) that I could possible wiggle my way into Alice. If I ever find the courage to audition, that is.
    ... There's no place like home ...

Oh gosh explaining what I did probably would've been helpful huh haha. Round one consisted of a very simple, stationary sort of dance routine that we performed in rows of six, and then she asked each row of six to smile at her for 10 seconds or so before going back to the wall where everyone was waiting. After that round ended, I was selected to move on to round two. During round two she lined us up numerically, put on music, and then simply spoke to each of us individually, moving down the line. She asked if we had tattoos, whether we were interested in part, full, or seasonal work, whether we were local etc, and then asked for a side profile smile. It was after this point that she only chose the two girls and boy to move forward. Since my look/dancing skills must not have been abysmal, it may have been due to the fact that I wasn't quite as calm, cool, and collected and I would've liked haha. Even though she wasn't intimidating at all it was still hard not to be nervous!

Hmmm that's peculiar. You never know what the casting directors are thinking, so don't be discouraged! What did you say you were looking for? From what I hear, I think they are only looking for full timers and some part timers, but I could be totally wrong.

I think I want to go to the Fantasmic Look-Alike auditions on Sunday (recently moved back into the area & thought why not) so I was talking to a family friend who still works in the entertainment department at Disney and he told me that it all comes down to whatever the casting director likes.

I know Disney doesn't like tattoos.. anyone know of some awesome tattoo cover up makeup?

Also something I forgot to add before, your hair doesn't really matter, everyone wears wigs no matter what!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannbann5678 View Post
    I think I want to go to the Fantasmic Look-Alike auditions on Sunday (recently moved back into the area & thought why not) so I was talking to a family friend who still works in the entertainment department at Disney and he told me that it all comes down to whatever the casting director likes.

I know Disney doesn't like tattoos.. anyone know of some awesome tattoo cover up makeup?

Also something I forgot to add before, your hair doesn't really matter, everyone wears wigs no matter what!!
    I know Sephora carries some tattoo cover up. Kat von D has I think two products that I've heard work really good.
    If that doesn't work maybe try some latex and foundation over it?

Some stage makeup should help cover a tattoo like Ben Nye. You could also try Dermablend's Leg and Body Cover, works wonders but is a little pricy.

wah wah
    Last edited by RubySlippers; 11-28-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    ... There's no place like home ...

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    Just out of curiosity, which character (Princess or not) do you think I could pull off?
    I say Maleficent!

According to the WDW audition website, they're looking for friends of Alice that are 5'2"-5'4" and I would say that is about as tall as she gets because I usually hear of her being much shorter. Perhaps that particular friend was brought in as a last minute thing because her scheduled friend was sick and they couldn't get a replacement? I've heard of Disney pulling untrained friends of characters for parades at the last minute so maybe they did that here too. It would be hard for Alice friends to be 5'6" because if they were standing next to Mary Poppins in Epcot and Mary was only 5'4", it would be really hard for anyone to believe that Mary is like 20-something and Alice is 12.