Page 416 of 535 FirstFirst ... 316366391406413414415416417418419426441466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 8019

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by Hannbann5678 View Post
    1. No matter what you look like, how much they like you, how amazing you are, if you are under their age requirement (ie they need 18+ and you are 16) they will not hire you. The end.

2. Disney is very strict about height. There is sometimes wiggle room with half inches which I think someone mentioned but that's pretty much it. It mostly has to do with their costumes (in addition to the characters -Wendy is young = short, etc) and is the same with fur roles too, you need to fit into the costume so you have to be a certain height.

3. A big thing about face characters is obviously, your face. People with bigger faces have a better chance of getting the part- no matter who you look like. If your face is able to be seen from far away you have a better chance, especially if you look good in a wig.

4. Fake tans are a no no. They also like the younger, fresher faces.
    (:
    1. false
    2. true to a certain extent, but some costumes allow for a larger height range (couple inches)
    3. false, heads of all sizes are fine as they will adjust to your head size
    4. true

Quote Originally Posted by bit of magic View Post
    Hey everyone!
    My question is though, how common is it to actually make it through to the end when you go back for a second, or third even, audition? I guess I assumed if they liked you enough the first time but there weren't any roles at that time then they would just put you in the "character pool" I've heard about? I think regardless I'll go back in March and try again but I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about that
    thanks!
    They probably took a photo of you. once your character is needed, they will most likely look at the photos they collected and call the ones they want back. even though they have your photo, doesn't mean they will necessarily call you back though.

i don't know what your chances are if you audition again. you might be hired and you might not. you may have been cut due to dancing/acting skills, or because they changed their mind about your look. just because you passed the look cut, doesn't mean that you won't be cut for your look later.

you might have also been let go because they weren't looking for your character at the time, but they probably would have told you that. otherwise, they tell you to come to another audition.

Quote Originally Posted by km3472 View Post
    Hmmm that's peculiar. You never know what the casting directors are thinking, so don't be discouraged! What did you say you were looking for? From what I hear, I think they are only looking for full timers and some part timers, but I could be totally wrong.
    i'm pretty sure they don't hire based on full time and part time for character roles. even for other roles, you generally have to apply to get a full time position.
    Last edited by 0vivathevida0; 12-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.

• Ossumpossum

Anyone else going to the Fantasmic look-alike auditions on sunday? :3

New to the Thread!

Hi Everyone!

I see that many of you are anxiously awaiting your audition results? I fall into that category, too! The last electronic submission deadline that I saw was November 23, so I'm hoping that many of us will be hearing back soon! Has anyone already received any acceptance/rejection emails?

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 04:41 PM.

i think i'm going

• Ossumpossum

Yaay! Other people are going! =D

Have either of you been to one of this kind before? Or does anyone at all have any information?

More specifically, what makes the F! look-alike auditions different from normal look-alike auditions? o:

So...maybe this was answered already but does anyone know how much a face character is paid? I plan on auditioning for Alice/Wendy/Tink (I'm 5'1").
    And the college program...? Is it worth going if you want to be a face character or only if you're interested in the business aspect?
    And does it increase your chances if you have a theater/musical theater background?

BTW learning a lot from this thread <3 Glad to know I'm not the only one with a bunch of questions about working for the Mouse <3

Quote Originally Posted by xwondernotesxx View Post
    So...maybe this was answered already but does anyone know how much a face character is paid? I plan on auditioning for Alice/Wendy/Tink (I'm 5'1").
    And the college program...? Is it worth going if you want to be a face character or only if you're interested in the business aspect?
    And does it increase your chances if you have a theater/musical theater background?

BTW learning a lot from this thread <3 Glad to know I'm not the only one with a bunch of questions about working for the Mouse <3
    I can't seem to find where it said it but I recall seeing on their website $10 an hour and up?

I have a few years until I can audition for DL but do you guys think I would need to dye my hair to a normal color for the audition to fit the Disney Look? I change my hair color a lot and its usually a bright unnatural color. Do you think they would be less likely to choose me if my hair was pink than if it was brown?

• Minion

Not sure on the pay in Orlando but I've known people who have worked there in entertainment. Its enough to live on but don't expect to take much more money home than you went there with. Also you can't go to an audition and say I want to be Wendy/Alice/Tinkerbell, they'll cast you as who they want you to be.

I would say its worth it if you want to experience performing as a character, you don't really have to be interested in the business side at all. Technically it won't help your chances having a theatre background, but the experience of it will it won't really persuade Disney much to hire you because of it, it certainly won't but them off but isn't going to be a huge deciding factor. What happens in your audition is 1000 times more important than anything else you've done.

Hope that helps

---------- Post added 11-29-2012 at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dilemma View Post
    More specifically, what makes the F! look-alike auditions different from normal look-alike auditions? o:
    The level required of dance will be much higher than usual, the look of the character may be a little less important than normal, but will still be an important factor.

I have a question. Okay, so I know how people say to "not have your heart set" on any roles. The way I see myself as, I obviously fit Aladdin's requirements. By just looking at me you'd tell. Not to sound full of myself and narcissistic. Hehe, I just wanted to put this out there. Although, I'm 18, very youthful and what not. Should I post photos of myself? :P

I hope you guys get what I'm saying.LOL

PS: I was hoping to make the Fantasmic Look-a-like auditions, but sadly I can't.
    I guess I shall wait until the next look-a-like one.

OH! and before I forget, does anyone know the height requirement for Ali? Isn't it like 5'6-5'11"?

xoxo

I worked in Disney Entertainment during my CP program, so I can answer LOTS of questions about the program, specifics, behind-the-scenes, etc. Feel free to message me and I can tell you everything I know!

---------- Post added 11-29-2012 at 10:29 PM ----------

Pay rate depends on what status you are. For example, College Programmers get paid the least (unfortunately), which was a little more than $11 when I worked there. Equity performers are paid the most, and the audition website said that new hire Full Timers are paid about $12.40. Last I heard, the Alice height range was 5'2"-5'4". But if they like you enough then anything is possible! You're perfect height for Tink and Periwinkle. And yes, it's worth it TRUST ME. Any job gets a foot in the door!
    Last edited by TinkerTalent; 11-29-2012 at 07:30 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ErickSemel View Post
    I have a question. Okay, so I know how people say to "not have your heart set" on any roles. The way I see myself as, I obviously fit Aladdin's requirements. By just looking at me you'd tell. Not to sound full of myself and narcissistic. Hehe, I just wanted to put this out there. Although, I'm 18, very youthful and what not. Should I post photos of myself? :P

I hope you guys get what I'm saying.LOL

PS: I was hoping to make the Fantasmic Look-a-like auditions, but sadly I can't.
    I guess I shall wait until the next look-a-like one.

OH! and before I forget, does anyone know the height requirement for Ali? Isn't it like 5'6-5'11"?

xoxo
    I think Aladdin goes up to 6'0, not sure what his lower limit is though

[QUOTE=0vivathevida0;1056872814]1. false
    2. true to a certain extent, but some costumes allow for a larger height range (couple inches)
    3. false, heads of all sizes are fine as they will adjust to your head size
    4. true

^^^
    1.How is that false? If company policy requires someone to be a certain age to be cast, they don't deviate from that and go younger.. it just doesn't happen.
    3. I don't mean to fit the wig, they need bigger faces so they can be seen from farther away. If you have a small face with small features you aren't likely to be cast as a face character in a show or parade because your face will be harder to see from farther away. This was true when my mom and sisters worked there and it is still true today.

Yep that would definitely help. Although your hair my not be seen in whatever role you are cast (if you wear a wig, are in a full costume, etc) unnatural hair color does not go with the Disney look so it may get in the way of you being hired. To be safe, I would definitely go more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    I think Aladdin goes up to 6'0, not sure what his lower limit is though
    I met Al last week and he was pretty short, well the one I met was only an inch or two taller than me. I'm 5'5.5/6"