Page 417 of 531 FirstFirst ... 317367392407414415416417418419420427442467517 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 7951

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by the mermaid View Post
    I can't seem to find where it said it but I recall seeing on their website $10 an hour and up?

I have a few years until I can audition for DL but do you guys think I would need to dye my hair to a normal color for the audition to fit the Disney Look? I change my hair color a lot and its usually a bright unnatural color. Do you think they would be less likely to choose me if my hair was pink than if it was brown?
    the disneylook does require normal hair color, but i dont think it would hurt your chances at the audition. if you get hired, then i believe they would simply tell you that you would need to dye it back to a natural color. even if your head is covered, you have to keep it at a normal color because you will have to classes/seminars before and during your job where your hair will be seen and have to maintain the disneylook.
    Last edited by 0vivathevida0; 12-02-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Last edited by 0vivathevida0; 12-02-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by the mermaid View Post
    I can't seem to find where it said it but I recall seeing on their website $10 an hour and up?

I have a few years until I can audition for DL but do you guys think I would need to dye my hair to a normal color for the audition to fit the Disney Look? I change my hair color a lot and its usually a bright unnatural color. Do you think they would be less likely to choose me if my hair was pink than if it was brown?
    While I don't think it would stop them from hiring you, the focus for a face audition is obviously your face! So I think my advice would be to keep your hair color more natural so that the attention is entirely on your face

Quote Originally Posted by Hannbann5678 View Post
    Hey everyone. So after reading through this thread a bit I thought there were some things that I could add.

My mom and all three of her sisters worked at Disneyland growing up in shows and parades both as face and fur characters and have lots of friends still working at Disneyland so I know a little bit about their requirements

1. No matter what you look like, how much they like you, how amazing you are, if you are under their age requirement (ie they need 18+ and you are 16) they will not hire you. The end.

2. Disney is very strict about height. There is sometimes wiggle room with half inches which I think someone mentioned but that's pretty much it. It mostly has to do with their costumes (in addition to the characters -Wendy is young = short, etc) and is the same with fur roles too, you need to fit into the costume so you have to be a certain height.

3. A big thing about face characters is obviously, your face. People with bigger faces have a better chance of getting the part- no matter who you look like. If your face is able to be seen from far away you have a better chance, especially if you look good in a wig.

4. Fake tans are a no no. They also like the younger, fresher faces.

As always there are exceptions to the rule, and my mom and her sisters haven't worked for Disney in years (I'm 21 and my mom worked there in high school and college if that helps) but Disney is a company based in tradition and they don't change much, especially standards such as those.

I hope this helps!! (:
    My question addresses #3. While I'm not arguing with your reasoning, can you please clarify what a "big face" is? Some people I know who have face friends don't have especially large faces lol. I can understand that Disney would be looking for a particular SHAPE of face for some roles, but makeup is for defining your features and helping you stand out!

• Future Face

Hi all,

I haven't posted here in a while, but I've been keeping up with the current Disney auditions on their website and came across something odd - maybe someone can shed some light? On several notices for WDW auditions they've listed Alice's height as 5'2'' - 5'4''. Last I knew it was 4'11''-5'2''. I'm a little confused - have they changed her height? I'll be disappointed if so - that means I'm too short! Also, does this mean other character's heights have/will change (Wendy, Tink, etc); I know some actors are friends with more than one of the above.

If anyone has any info to satisfy my curiousity I'd love to hear it!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    Hi all,

I haven't posted here in a while, but I've been keeping up with the current Disney auditions on their website and came across something odd - maybe someone can shed some light? On several notices for WDW auditions they've listed Alice's height as 5'2'' - 5'4''. Last I knew it was 4'11''-5'2''. I'm a little confused - have they changed her height? I'll be disappointed if so - that means I'm too short! Also, does this mean other character's heights have/will change (Wendy, Tink, etc); I know some actors are friends with more than one of the above.

Thanks.
    I used to have friends with with more than one of those who you mentioned, and it confuses me as well! I'm 5' 2 1/2", and now I'm no longer in the height range for Tink. So that has changed as well I guess. It looks like they made Tink shorter and Alice taller lol.

Does anyone know if submitting a headshot and resume for one of Disney's "Electronic Submissions" counts as an audition? I know you can't go to more than one audition in 6 months, but I don't know if that means only in-person auditions or not. Thank You!

Does anyone know about wearing eye glasses to an audition? Is it frowned upon or will they not care? Just wondering if I need to save up or not.
    ... There's no place like home ...

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerTalent View Post
    Does anyone know if submitting a headshot and resume for one of Disney's "Electronic Submissions" counts as an audition? I know you can't go to more than one audition in 6 months, but I don't know if that means only in-person auditions or not. Thank You!
    You don't have to wait 6 months to audition. My friend has been to at least 5-6 since she turned 18 and that hasn't even been a year.

Thank You rebray10! Also, I know this might be a long shot, but does ANYONE know how long it usually takes Disney to respond to an Electronic Submission? Or even how long before they send out any acceptances? I know what the audition process is like, but I'm in the dark with the ES process. There probably isn't even an answer to this question, but I didn't know if anyone has heard of any success stories.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerTalent View Post
    Thank You rebray10! Also, I know this might be a long shot, but does ANYONE know how long it usually takes Disney to respond to an Electronic Submission? Or even how long before they send out any acceptances? I know what the audition process is like, but I'm in the dark with the ES process. There probably isn't even an answer to this question, but I didn't know if anyone has heard of any success stories.
    When everyone submitted them the first time, it was around 1-3 weeks for responses. It seemed to be the same for everyone, whether they asked for more pictures or not.
    ... There's no place like home ...

Sometimes you don't hear back at all from the electronic submissions, and that's more or less a no. People who didn't hear back and emailed them got nos so it seems that some just fell through the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks.
    I was wondering the same thing! I'm 5'1 so I'm quite disappointed. I hope the other parks don't follow suit.

• Ossumpossum

About the Alice/Tink height change. . .
    Wouldnt that also cause problems with people being friends with both characters? I would think that to be rather inefficient D;

I also noticed that on the DLR fantasy faire look-alikes, the minimum height for princesses was listed as 5'3. I wonder what's causing these changes? And doesnt this one kinda overlap with Alice height and cause age continuity issues?

Speaking of the Fantasy Faire look-alikes, It'll be my 5th look-alike audition, and it finally lists the characters that I am most likely to qualify for(Aurora, Cinderella, and Ariel). Hooray! Maybe this time. Hopefully this time. IT WILL BE THIS TIME. Pleasepleaseplease. Haha (:

• Sock Puppet

If they change Alice's height at Disneyland too, well i'm out of luck. I'm 5'0 and pretty sure i'm not growing anymore. haha i'm almost 18 and I haven't grown in years!