Page 420 of 541 FirstFirst ... 320370395410417418419420421422423430445470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Great info, thanks!!

@ harpist1991 and Wally, thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

• ^_~.

Thanks for the input, CMHopeful and Harpist! I love how helpful everyone here is. I was feeling a little paranoid about the facebook thing. I'm glad it seems like it won't be an issue, and it's good to know that there are other Disney people that cosplay!

Gah, it's less than a week away already! I'm trying not to let myself get too nervous.

At one of my auditions, the choreographer mentioned that was her first audition as well and so she was super nervous about making sure she ran it right and everything. It definitely put me more at ease, knowing that even the people running it were nervous! So maybe try thinking about that? Also, the auditions are so much fun and as long as you remember to leave your ego at the door and commit to just act like a total fool (but a fool with purpose, don't just walk in circles or anything) you will forget your nerves. If you have any specific questions about the auditions, feel free to PM me!

hello people i have some questions They might have been answered but im going to ask anyways =]

do you have to aplly for the disney college program to go for an audition? Or can anyone from the public go to an audition?

geckogaby1: It depends on what you're auditioning for and where. If you go to the regular Thursday Orlando ones, those are not CP. If you go to one somewhere across the country, those are denoted as CP. Usually they add a provision on the website that if you are looking for full/part/seasonal work, you can attend a CP audition. Sometimes in the Orlando ones they specify that they are only looking for full time but I haven't seen that on the CP ones.

Can i audition at anaheim on the 20 even though i am not in the cp program? can i just show up? someone told me that that i was able to show up and that i did not have to be in any program or anything. Can anyone conirm this? THANK YOU =]

Oh okay. There are two auditions on the 20th and neither are for the CP so you are fine! The CP auditions won't be until March or October and on the auditions page, the headline for the audition will be like five lines long (seriously, they go on forever with a ton of bolded caps locked words). When they come around, you can still go to your local one because, if I remember correctly, they don't count towards the six month rule. The only problem would be that they are for WDW only.
    But if you're just looking at the one on the 20th, it is not for CP so you're fine.

ok thank you everyone =] Anyone else going to the anaheim auditions for charaters?

sorry people but i have one last question=] Do i have to take a resume ? it doesnt really specify if i need to take one for this audition should i take one just in case?

thank you=] its really nice that everyone is helping each other =] and good luck to everyone else

I've taken a performance resume with me to my Disney auditions but unless it specifically says "bring a resume" I don't think you have to, lots of people didn't. Depending on the audition you might be given a piece of paper to fill out where you could write some experience you have. Over all, as has been said before just go and have fun with a great big smile!! I'm sure you'll be great, break a leg!

On a side note, I've slowly been going through and reading this whole thread. Wowzers! Don't know if I've ever seen such a long thread before haha!
    Last edited by CMHopeful; 01-17-2013 at 08:08 PM.

thank you CMHopeful =]

Hey everyone, longtime follower of this thread,finally made an account. I've I went to one of the NYC auditions last year. I plan on going back this year (hoping for either Cinderella or Rapunzel *crosses fingers*) I have a couple questions (i'm sure they've been answered before but i can't find it)

1. How important is a proffesional headshot? Would a diy headshot seem unproffesional. I know that facebook profile pics won't cut it but what about like a legit nice looking picture. If that would be ok, any advice on making do-it-yourself headshots?

2. Does Disney drug test? If so, is it just one at the initial hiring process or do they do like random drug tests?

3. Also to anyone who made it past the first round, any advice on a successful audition, what did you do to stand out? I've heard lots of different things about what happens after the first cut I'm still really anxious and unsure of what to expect.

Hi Morganne,

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can!

1. I don't know how important a professional headshot would be. At the auditions I've been to some people have professional ones, some had a nice picture they had a friend take for them and some had none at all. If you have a friend take a nice picture of you from about the shoulders up then I'm sure that'd be fine! Usually head shots are 8x10 in size but you could probably do a smaller one too.

2. I have no idea about drug testing with Disney. I would think that if they thought you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol they would probably ask you to be tested but I truly have no idea.

3. The cruise line auditions have been a little different from what I've read about the different park auditions so I don't have any real specific info but... above all don't be too anxious! The casting directors I have met have been super nice and considerate. Remember if you do get cut that it has nothing to do with you as a person, they just have very specific needs on who they need to cast. {though it's hard to remember that in the moment!} Just make sure to keep smiling and act professional at all times and you'll be good to go! Break a Leg!!

Thank you!!! I 'll probably just have a friend take one for me

I was also curious as to what Disney song was played at different peoples auditions. At mine, they had us do our routine to 'Something There' from Beauty and the Beast. I just wandered if they always do the same song/routine so I could practice it, or if I should pretty much be ready for anything.