Page 421 of 548 FirstFirst ... 321371396411418419420421422423424431446471521 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 8213

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Sadly none of my 3 auditions had Disney music haha! {but none of them were at a Disney facility so maybe that's why} I don't think it'd hurt to practice what you remember from your last audition but it might be different this time.

• ^_~.

Well, I'm back from the DLR character audition. Sadly, I didn't make it past round one. I don't feel too bad, though, because there were hundreds of people there, and a lot of us didn't make it. I have to say, this was the shortest audition I've ever been to! We literally were in the audition room for about 15 minutes. After the first walk-on, more than half of the people in my group were cut. It was pretty brutal. The cut, I mean, not the audition itself. That part was fun; I just wished it could have lasted longer -_-.

I do have a question if anyone knows the answer: I really enjoyed being out at Disney today. (even though I didn't go into the Parks themselves) I loved the atmosphere in general. And since I live in SoCal now, I was thinking about eventually applying for a position there as a non-performer, perhaps as a retail employee or other service member. Would this help or hurt my chances of auditioning again in the future? I know at my old job, it was difficult to transfer from one department to the other. Would the same be true here? Or would working in DLR be a good thing because then I'd have my foot in the door, so to speak? Any insight on this would be wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Morganne View Post
    Thank you!!! I 'll probably just have a friend take one for me

I was also curious as to what Disney song was played at different peoples auditions. At mine, they had us do our routine to 'Something There' from Beauty and the Beast. I just wandered if they always do the same song/routine so I could practice it, or if I should pretty much be ready for anything.
    Morganne, I think the music is different every time. I think it's whatever music they have on hand or feel like playing at the time. So far every audition I've been to has been different. I've only been to three of them, though, and they were all very different styles of auditions, so I don't know if certain types of auditions have certain routines they do all the time. I would think they'd change it up at least once in awhile, but I don't know how often. Hope that helped a little!
    Last edited by ChaseTheDream; 01-23-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Sorry to hear you were cut Chase the Dream, good for you for getting out there and trying though!! Going to auditions is one of the hardest things to do especially knowing the chances of getting through are slim like they seem to be with Disney. I know for me it just makes me respect them more because they are so specific in what they look for. I hope you go again soon!!

I recently finished reading this whole thread {I have a lot of free time on my hands these days!} and it seems like getting a job in a different department with DLR would help get a foot in the door for a later audition. That's just coming from what I read though not first hand knowledge.

Congrats again on putting yourself out there and auditioning today!

• Ossumpossum

I think I forgot to come and report back after my 5th Disneyland look-alike audition in December.

No luck again. Maybe next time. Dx

It was weird. There were only about 100 people at the audition this time. It was so small and they still hardly took anyone. . .

It's beginning to get frustrating, but I've gotta keep going!

chase the dream: good for you that you went to the auditions congratulations for yting ;]
    dilemma : dont worry i read that a lot of people audition many times =] keep going =]

I don't know about DLR specifically, but I know at WDW they often have auditions specifically for current CMs looking to work in entertainment and when they are holding auditions for new characters, they have current CMs audition first. I would say that it is probably a good thing for you to do, if only so that you can meet some casting directors and casually ask what it is they are looking for. If you are a casting director and have a choice between someone whom you have seen working at the park and a total stranger, they would probably pick the CM. I know a girl who went to an amazing amount of auditions, like twenty-something, and she accepted a job as a character attendant. After that, two or three auditions later she got face so I definitely think it'll help.

Has anyone noticed that they removed the "6 months" stipulation off the audition website? Does this mean that you can audition whenever you want to or is it just not stated anymore? I auditioned in November and am planning to audition again in February and didn't want to not be considered because of the 6 month rule.

Disneygirl4289 - I recently attended an audition and can confirm the 6 month rule no longer applies UNLESS you made it through the rounds and were specifically told not to return until the 6 months passed. Otherwise, you are now free to go to auditions without worrying about the 6 month rule. The casting director told us we were free to come back, but warned that coming back a few weeks after the audition you were rejected at will probably be a waste of time as they do not change their needs that quickly. Just remember they made the 6 month rule for a reason, and to not attend every audition posted.

Thanks! I'm hoping they will have different needs from when I was there in November

Has anyone heard if Hong Kong has made their selections and offered contracts. They said they would let people know in January. Though January is not over yet, I was just wondering if anyone had heard from them yet. Thanks.

Curiousmom- I don't know specifically for Hong Kong, but I've heard that Tokyo has, so if the auditions were at about the same time I would say that yes, their decisions have already been made.

curiousmom - I hope you get good news soon!

On a side note, I know it's a long shot but does anyone have an estimate of when another set of Tokyo/Hong Kong or Cruise Line Auditions might be?? I'm trying soooo hard to be patient haha!

The Magic Kingdom (Disney world) is having electronic submissions again until February 8th. I have questions regarding the photo: Should I wear my glasses and should I smile?

Here's a copy of what it says on the website:
    2. Two current photos (not headshots) of you, with the following requirements:

• Straight on shot, looking directly into the camera, from the waist up. Please pull long hair back into a pony tail and wear form-fitting attire shows silhouette.
    • Profile shot, showing your body profile, and face profile, from the waist up. Please pull long hair back into a pony tail and wear form-fitting attire that shows silhouette.
    ... There's no place like home ...

Hi RubySlippers!

I'm not an expert or casting director or anything but my opinion would be no glasses and definitely smile.

If you can get around wearing glasses {ie. with contacts etc} I think they'll want to see you without since none of the characters wear glasses that I can think of.

I would smile because they'll want to see your great smile for when you're posing for pictures with guests.

Just my two cents, but I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine!

Looks like some new auditions have been posted for DLR and WDW. Anyone planning on going??