Page 426 of 548 FirstFirst ... 326376401416423424425426427428429436451476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 8213

• Ossumpossum

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Okay, guys. Had an asdf time getting to the audition this morning, so I ended up being the last person before they cut the line, an hour after the posted start time. I didn't make it past the first round. There goes attempt 6 or 7 :/

I did, however, get to talk to the casting director after the audition, and she told me that "The only problem we have is finding a spot for you within the currently casted people. You can try doing some other entertainment auditions too if you are interested."

Any idea what I should take away from that? Does it mean that I should just stop trying? Does it mean that I look like a character, but I just don't look like the other cast members? Is it just a generic thing they tell people that they talk to further?

Augh. I don't know what to think. I've wanted to do this ever since I was a little girl, so I've been fretting about it all day, but there just really isnt anything I can do. . .

Well that was pretty brutal today. Did anyone make it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilemma View Post
    I did, however, get to talk to the casting director after the audition, and she told me that "The only problem we have is finding a spot for you within the currently casted people. You can try doing some other entertainment auditions too if you are interested."

Any idea what I should take away from that? Does it mean that I should just stop trying? Does it mean that I look like a character, but I just don't look like the other cast members? Is it just a generic thing they tell people that they talk to further?

Augh. I don't know what to think. I've wanted to do this ever since I was a little girl, so I've been fretting about it all day, but there just really isnt anything I can do. . .
    My guess is that it is a "generic thing." Some of the girls look very much like each other after dressing up, and some don't at all but they look like the character so they get chosen anyways.

You could be in another entertainment role, and possibly get asked to be a character along the way. They do pull from the department sometimes to be a face character because you're already a cast member.

I would say try to get into a different department, like say the Fantasy Faire or Character Attendant. They hold separate auditions for cast members, and you're more likely to get picked if you already work there. That's what I would do, personally.
    ... There's no place like home ...

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    I would say try to get into a different department, like say the Fantasy Faire or Character Attendant. They hold separate auditions for cast members, and you're more likely to get picked if you already work there. That's what I would do, personally.
    I second that. Being a character host means you would be in the entertainment department. Next time you audition you should ask about that. But also, they generally pull from character auditions (masked and face characters) for character hosts. I don't think they have a separate audition for them anymore.

A girl in line I had been talking to said that this casting director today she recognized and it was one of the super tough ones. It was only my first audition though so I don't feel too bad. The girl I was talking to had been to like 8 auditions though.

Also @dilemma you could try out for a character performer/parade position! Many people I know get moved to a face character from starting out in the parade.

Hey everyone! Sorry to hear it was a tough one yesterday!! It's hard to know what to do after being cut.

I was at the DCL Vocal Auditions this afternoon and though one girl in my group had her picture taken and another was asked to come back tomorrow everyone else including me was told that "they have everything they need from us". Don't exactly know what that means...part of me thinks maybe they'll still call but most of me thinks I didn't get it again this time.

Since I'm down here I'm going to try one more time at the Character Performer auditions tomorrow and hope for the best!!
    Last edited by CMHopeful; 02-25-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Last edited by MakeItBlue0312; 05-05-2014 at 04:53 PM.

@alyssa1234, there are only two, one is a guy and one is a girl. which one was it? i think both are picky, the guy maybe more so. and also if you're a parade face, i believe its harder to transfer to park side than the other way around.

@katelindiane, i've seen them pull from the first round to do host. sometimes people think they're getting pulled for face but they are actually getting a host spot. isn't that awkward?

also if you go to character performer auditions, they sometimes pull faces from there too. i know a girl who attended that and they pulled her for face instead of masked characters.

Last edited by MakeItBlue0312; 05-05-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Just a little update from today's DCL Character Auditions.... I actually made it all the way through this time! It was my 5th Disney audition {4th Character} so maybe sometimes it just does take persistance. They said we'd find out in 2-6 weeks if we got it but if we didn't get it we'd stay on file for a year.

I hope everyone's next auditions are successful!!

Quote Originally Posted by KatelinDiane View Post
    @0vivathevida0 I only meant that they're not going to pull you for host if they don't see your face working for a character someday. That happened to my friend. Told her that she looks like some people they have hired, but they don't need her character so they offered her host. They don't just pull people for host out of the clear blue. There wouldn't be any logic to that. For character performers, there's a little more room for that, but they need to see that you can act out your movements well. If they don't need your height then you can be offered host. There's got to be something they want from you first. Makes it easier for them to pick people for future jobs if they already have people with characteristics they want.
    Yeah that's probably true too. but i do know hosts that got pulled from a face audition, but they were never given a character despite all the internal auditions they attended. i also think a lot of hosts do both too tho.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHopeful View Post
    Just a little update from today's DCL Character Auditions.... I actually made it all the way through this time! It was my 5th Disney audition {4th Character} so maybe sometimes it just does take persistance. They said we'd find out in 2-6 weeks if we got it but if we didn't get it we'd stay on file for a year.

I hope everyone's next auditions are successful!!
    Congratulations! I know a few people who did the cruise lines and absolutely loved it.

Thanks Harpist!! It was a fun audition, we got to dance to "Footloose"!!!