Page 427 of 534 FirstFirst ... 327377402417424425426427428429430437452477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 8000

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-03-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Sounds like you're all prepared!! The only thing I might suggest is to bring either jazz shoes or some runners with more traction incase you find the floor slippery in your ballet shoes but otherwise you sound like you're good to go!

Break a leg and have fun!!

Hello Guys! Since so many of one have wondered what goes through the minds of casting directors, I found this pic of a girl who was Snow White, and it's basically a before and after pic. This kinda clears things up! You never know what they want!

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-03-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-03-2014 at 06:09 PM.

• DisneyFreak100

Thinking of participating in the next Face Audition in my area. Never even considered it or know what to expect. Anyone know the qualifications for each princess and any tips on how I should prepare?

Been trying to look for jobs at DLAND and now that I am 18 I have more options but their website shows no openings I would be interested in. I am still keeping my eyes open though.

Hi disneyfreak101 - i was a face character for about 5 years (at WDW and TDR). They're going to look at: your body (height & size) and cut some people, and then your face (for symmetry and malleability) and cut some more, and then they teach you a dance combination - It will be tough, and you need to be able to pick up choreography quickly. I studied ballet for my entire childhood/teen years so it was fine for me, but i had many beautiful friends get cut right there. Then, if you make it thorough the dance part, they try wigs on you, ask you some questions, and take your pic. And then you wait!
    Good luck! It's the best job in the whole wide world!

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerTalent View Post
    Anyone hear back from the electronic submissions yet? Last time I heard back a lot sooner.

I still haven't heard back either!! Haha I'm starting to doubt myself and wonder if my email actually went through or not! :P Hope we find out soon!

From what I've seen and heard from people who work with the fairies in WDW right now, Periwinkle is the only fairy that is out with Tink right now. She is also 4'11"-5'2" though so you are eligible for her. Also, I've heard that the faries, aside from Tink and Peri, are princess height, so starting at 5'3". Wendy is not really out in the parks anymore but she is in the parade and DAWM show. There is a very small chance that a CP will be friends with her for that reason. As for Alice, they are looking for another Alice right now and she is in the parks, so I would put the most work into her. Be forewarned though that it is extremely hard to get casted as a face character from a CP audition.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDIShowWriter View Post
    Hi all! I'm auditioning as part of the DCP in mid March, and couldn't be more excited! I'm 5'2" and eligible for Alice, Wendy, Tink, Fawn, and Rosetta. I've already mastered Rosetta's Oklahoma accent and am currently working on the Alice/Wendy one.

I'm a very good dancer and have done a lot of musical theatre, so I hope that those help. At the moment, I'm currently worried about the small acne scar on the side of my jaw, the mole on my neck that I think can be covered with makeup, and the dimple in my chin when I smile. At the moment, I'm currently on my Disney Diet, which means no caffeine, chocolate, exercise every night, asleep no later than midnight and putting myself through a strict skincare regimen. I even have teeth whitening strips on their way!

Because Alice and the Faries show their legs quite a bit, I decided to wear my spankie shorts to show off my legs, a purple v-neck shirt (purple's my lucky color!) ballet slippers, and a purple floral bandana folded into a headband. I'm putting my long brown curls into a high ponytail and wearing minimal makeup. I'm even dusting a light sparkle powder on my limbs to hopefully catch the judges' eyes in a subtle way. I'm also packing character shoes to have with me, and of course, bringing my water bottle, several snacks, and some things to keep me entertained. I'm getting headshots done this week.

Anybody else going to be there in San Francisco on March 15?

Based on what happened last time they had electronic submissions, if you didn't hear back, it was a no. A few people emailed them and asked why they hadn't gotten a response yet weeks after the deadline and every one of them got a form email back saying that they were keeping the headshot on file but that it was a no this time. I wish Disney would email everyone back with that information, especially since it's just a form email, but apparently they didn't the last two times.

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Based on what happened last time they had electronic submissions, if you didn't hear back, it was a no. A few people emailed them and asked why they hadn't gotten a response yet weeks after the deadline and every one of them got a form email back saying that they were keeping the headshot on file but that it was a no this time. I wish Disney would email everyone back with that information, especially since it's just a form email, but apparently they didn't the last two times.
    Ooh really? I didn't know that, thank you! Haha so should I send them an email asking just to be sure? Aww I agree with you, they should send out an email to everyone so we know what happened instead of just waiting for a reply back.

Hey guys! I have some questions about the Disneyland Paris application process (not the open auditions.)
    On the Paris website it says they're doing two types of contracts: April to May (boy that's short...) and then open ended ones starting from March-July and lasting at least 4 months. I'm living in Madrid at the moment and won't be able to make it to the upcoming open auditions in London, Brussels, or Copenhagen, but I'm ok with going to Paris if I were able to get an invitation to an audition there. (Or London if they have more open auditions...since it seems they're looking for Mulan there.) I sent in my CV and photos last week and just got this response:

"Unfortunately, after having studied your application, we are sorry to inform you that we have no current positions available that correspond with your availabilities at this moment in time.
    If you are interested in working as a skin character/parade performer with in the Character and Parade Department in the future and you will be available for six months or longer, we need you to register your detailed CV and a recent photo, 2 months before your availability start date, on our website."

I'm not really sure to make of that, since I stated that my availability starts in May...which is in two months. And I'm available for 6 months or longer. So what do I do now? I'm thinking of emailing them back, but I thought it would be a good idea to ask you guys what you think. I'm pretty sure it's just a general rejection email... Anyone gotten a scheduled Paris audition before? Or has anyone sent in their resume/CV and gotten a different response (e.g. letting you know about other upcoming auditions)?

P.S. This is the face picture I sent.

Attached Images Attached Images  

xoStardust: You can send them an email and ask. I have a feeling that they will probably send you the stock email, but at least you'll be letting them know that you are interested in working for them and it might help them remember you for future roles.
    shannonbean: I would go ahead and send them the information to be a parade character, if you want to do that. I think you have to ask yourself first if you would be okay with just being a fur character, or just being a parade dancer, and not as a face character. If you're okay with that, the worst that could happen is they will tell you you're still not a fit. Plus, I think it is important that they see you are really interested in working for them for future positions.

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    From what I've seen and heard from people who work with the fairies in WDW right now, Periwinkle is the only fairy that is out with Tink right now. She is also 4'11"-5'2" though so you are eligible for her. Also, I've heard that the faries, aside from Tink and Peri, are princess height, so starting at 5'3". Wendy is not really out in the parks anymore but she is in the parade and DAWM show. There is a very small chance that a CP will be friends with her for that reason. As for Alice, they are looking for another Alice right now and she is in the parks, so I would put the most work into her. Be forewarned though that it is extremely hard to get casted as a face character from a CP audition.
    Periwinkle is no longer out (it is now Rosetta with Tink)
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 04:55 PM.