Page 43 of 548 FirstFirst ... 183340414243444546536893143543 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 8213
  1. #631

    • Following the Second Star
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    1,371

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelz025 View Post
    Looks wise I think I look the most like Alice, but usually if you play Alice you play Wendy so I don't know how that will work for me!
    Wendy is rare and not out much besides parade. Don't worry too much about looking like Wendy if you look like Alice.

    Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

  2. #632

    • Don't lets be silly! șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Passamaquoddy
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelz025 View Post
    Yeh, I have heard that hundreds of people show up for them.
    The most we have had here has been about 75 people! But maybe people here just don't want to have to move overseas!
    At the last face character Audition we had eight groups of 70 (so a little under/over 560 people), and they went through them with the first cut in about 2 hours. That's about 13 seconds per person (not including all the time it takes the groups to get into the rehearsal halls, and form lines).

    I can't even remember how many girls showed up for the Fairy auditions, there must have been a little over a thousand.

  3. #633

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    I can't even remember how many girls showed up for the Fairy auditions, there must have been a little over a thousand.[/QUOTE]

    wow, thats alotta girls!
    i don't mean this in a nasty way but most of the girls that show up look like the characters??
    so it's really hard to be chosen..
    also when you go in by "the way you act" do you mean you can act like the character you want to be or the way you act normally?

  4. #634

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    287

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    It's 30 on 30 off, for all Characters, face or fuzzie (at the Disneyland Resort, and for the Character Department, not Parades). During your time on stage, you need to make sure you're in full character at all times (voice, actions, disposition, everything). Just as if you were in a stage show, you're not allowed to drop character simply to wave at your friends.
    This would be incorrect. Face characters tend to do 45 minute sets with 15 minute breaks.

    I've been to audition for both DLR and TDR and different amounts of people show up. The last DLR face audition I went to they had around 600 people. While the TDR one I went to had about 250.

  5. #635

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    16

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    At the last face character Audition we had eight groups of 70 (so a little under/over 560 people), and they went through them with the first cut in about 2 hours. That's about 13 seconds per person (not including all the time it takes the groups to get into the rehearsal halls, and form lines).

    I can't even remember how many girls showed up for the Fairy auditions, there must have been a little over a thousand.
    Wow, that is a lot of people! Maybe I'm lucky to be in Australia since we don't have that many people show up to auditions!

    Tokyo is casting for the fairies this time around so that will be kool!

    Tale as old as time, True as it can be..
    - Beauty and the Beast

  6. #636

    • Don't lets be silly! șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Passamaquoddy
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    This would be incorrect. Face characters tend to do 45 minute sets with 15 minute breaks.
    You're very correct, because we don't have doubles (though depending on heat index it can be 40/20). Sorry, they haven't used the male face characters in some time (and we have 30 or so Mad Hatters). The fuzzies however are 30on 30off; while Parades last however long the Parade lasts.

    Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    i don't mean this in a nasty way but most of the girls that show up look like the characters??
    so it's really hard to be chosen..
    In all honesty, I don't have a clue how they chose the characters, so even though you may not think someone looks like a character, doesn't mean that person isn't going to be chosen. We have quite a few characters some of us wonder how they were picked.

    Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    also when you go in by "the way you act" do you mean you can act like the character you want to be or the way you act normally?
    what I mean by that is they're going to look at your disposition, and how you stand, as well as smile and facial structure.

    Do not, and I mean this in the nicest of ways, DO NOT act like the character unless they ask you to! DO NOT come dressed as the character, don't talk like the character, don't mention which character you'd like to portray. Just be yourself, with whatever accent you have. If they think you'll be a fit, they'll have you do the rest during the next rounds.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 08-12-2009 at 06:58 AM.

  7. #637

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Over a thousand girls for the fairy auditions! Wow, that's crazy.

    This info is very helpful I can't even think of any questions to ask, they've all been answered haha.

  8. #638

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    thankyou disneymouse..very good info
    i didn't think it would be a good idea to come with a cinderella t-shirt on and say 'cinderella's my dream character' or something like that..

    i just noticed in the film alice in wonderland the queen of hearts doesn't have a big mole on her face but in the disney parks she does..strange.
    Last edited by beckix.o.x; 08-13-2009 at 12:11 PM.

  9. #639

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    also aorund how many people are friends with walk-around alice??

  10. #640

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    also aorund how many people are friends with walk-around alice??
    Hm, right now I believe there's Little, Malibu, and Demure. I've seen two videos with two different Alice's i've never seen before recently though. So right now there's only 3-5 or something. But i'm sure there can be a lot at a time. Maybe 8-10? But there's more at WDW, so that's a plus for over there

  11. #641

    • I'm Wishing...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    405

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    Also, someone pointed out earlier that height doesn't seem to matter as much. That is not true. Height is a big deal for Disney. The princesses really have a wider range height wise. Also, it's like giving a girl contacts. If they love your face, your voice, how you act, everything, they'll look over some things. Eye color, height, stuff like that.
    Awe, sorry about that; I was just guessing at things because of the current princess characters I've seen. I had thought, before seeing them, that height really was a huge deal; but the taller princesses gave me hope for my 5'4 self =P I'm so glad they have a wider height range!!!

  12. #642

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    . So right now there's only 3-5 or something. But i'm sure there can be a lot at a time. Maybe 8-10? But there's more at WDW, so that's a plus for over there
    yes, thats true but the alices don't do much there, they just do sets at the teacups..

  13. #643

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Awe, sorry about that; I was just guessing at things because of the current princess characters I've seen. I had thought, before seeing them, that height really was a huge deal; but the taller princesses gave me hope for my 5'4 self =P I'm so glad they have a wider height range!!!
    good for you
    i think aurora is the tallest princess.. she seems to be, is that right?

  14. #644

    • I'm Wishing...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    405

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Can anyone maybe help explain face character job options for DLR? I have heard that the areas of work are all separated; parades/shows, and then meet and greet characters who do things like character breakfasts and PFF. Is that correct? Lol, or did it make any sense??? =P I'm having serious brain farts lately. Are you, for example, limited to one of those categories when you apply? Or can you be in both shows AND do meet and greets as a face character? I was really looking forward to auditioning for the Disneyland shows considering musical theater is what I love, but I really wouldn't want to miss out on the meet and greet experience, since it's such a magical and integral part of Disney. Does anyone have insight on this???


    Totally non-related; AAAAAGH! I seriously HOPE they are still allowed to go on rides! Seeing Alice and Hatter on the teacups was such a magical experience. I think it makes such amazing memories for the guests. Is that really true??? How awful! Does anyone know why?

  15. #645

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Can anyone maybe help explain face character job options for DLR? I have heard that the areas of work are all separated; parades/shows, and then meet and greet characters who do things like character breakfasts and PFF. Is that correct? Lol, or did it make any sense??? =P I'm having serious brain farts lately. Are you, for example, limited to one of those categories when you apply? Or can you be in both shows AND do meet and greets as a face character? I was really looking forward to auditioning for the Disneyland shows considering musical theater is what I love, but I really wouldn't want to miss out on the meet and greet experience, since it's such a magical and integral part of Disney. Does anyone have insight on this???


    Totally non-related; AAAAAGH! I seriously HOPE they are still allowed to go on rides! Seeing Alice and Hatter on the teacups was such a magical experience. I think it makes such amazing memories for the guests. Is that really true??? How awful! Does anyone know why?
    same here... i've read that you go for all 3, then i read it's seperate. i think if you look on the disneyauditions they'll say what they want.. for example i think 1 is coming up and it says face characters-4"10-5"2 and other dtails like that.. i think that gave an idea what they're looking for maybe alice.or wendy or tink.. but i still don't think they tell you exactly who.. also with walk around i think that alice and hatter do most things , the princesses will walk and sign i'm guessing..but it depends on who you wanna be and what you wanna do, i would like to do the pricess fantasy faire i bet thats good..and alice show would be pretty cool. but i don't know what they'd do in it , but it would be fun! i'm with you on the ride subject.. i also saw alice on the carousel with peter pan and hatter and it looked really magic that they could do that... i don't know if they're not allowed anymore but disneymouse might.. i certainly hope they can!


    i also have a strange question if your alice.. i know they porbably wouldn't but what if they asked you what your second name was? what would you say?
    Last edited by beckix.o.x; 08-14-2009 at 01:16 PM.


Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?
    By lauranelson27 in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 03:48 AM
  2. Face Character auditions...AGAIN!
    By Raiderette4gnr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:08 AM
  3. face character auditions!
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By Rocker in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
  5. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By broadwaybaby615 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •