Page 430 of 540 FirstFirst ... 330380405420427428429430431432433440455480530 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 8087

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Thanks for the quick reply- KatelinDiane. If they measured you and you came out an inch shorter than your expected/normal...then there's no chance for me Frustration! I am 5'2.5"...JUST shy of princess height. All the roles I'd want start at 5'3"- even the star wars characters (Leia, Amidala).

I was wondering what they are looking for with regards to accents? I'm Scottish so I wanted to know how this would affect my audition/chances. If I was to audition, would I put on an accent or just go ahead with my own accent? I would mainly be looking to work at Paris where there is no Merida, I don't think (though Merida would be perfect).

Quote Originally Posted by QueenTheatrics View Post
    I was wondering what they are looking for with regards to accents? I'm Scottish so I wanted to know how this would affect my audition/chances. If I was to audition, would I put on an accent or just go ahead with my own accent? I would mainly be looking to work at Paris where there is no Merida, I don't think (though Merida would be perfect).
    One of my old dance teachers was friends with Mary Poppins and she told me during training they put her through accent classes to learn Mary's specific accent so I'm guessing they are willing to put work into your accent if they really like your face!

alyssa1234, thank you, that's very helpful! I've been wondering about that for a long time!

I've heard on many different occasions that Disney will work with you if they really like you. So if you're height is a few inches off, they will fudge it. I've seen a parade dancer/character performer with a noticeable mole on her face that was always covered with makeup. I've seen multiple character performers with freckles, different eye colors then what's portrayed in the film, etc. Honestly just be yourself and don't sweat the small stuff. Have a big smile, white teeth, great personality and you'll do fine. If they don't accept you, then it wasn't in the cards for you and move on! I hear the experience of working for Disney is both rewarding and challenging. You'll love your job but hate it at times as well. Go into an audition with an open mind and NOT thinking that if you don't get this you'll life will be over. Just go to have fun and to enjoy the experience!
    ... There's no place like home ...

• Face Character fanatic

Thanks, Katelin!

Great advice RubySlippers!! It's all so true!

Last edited by MakeItBlue0312; 05-05-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks for the encouragement! Everything everyone has said makes sense.
    It's just crazy though. My friend is friends with Cinderella. She tried out one summer, no dance/drama/acting experience...said she was terrible at the dancing portion. Doesn't wear make up. Doesn't even like girly stuff. Just wanted a summer job.

She got it on her first try.

It's mind boggling, really.

That is mind boggling mellofunny!! I really think there is a lot of "being in the right place at the right time" when it comes to auditioning for anything really. I have a lot of respect for the casting directors as I'm sure it's not an easy job to find exactly what the need every time!

Has anyone heard from friends who have been cast how long they waited to hear?? After my last audition they said we'd hear between the middle of March and the middle of April if we got the contract. I still have about a week and a half to go but I'm going a little cuckoo waiting to hear!

When I'm back in California, I hope to audition for face or a fur character. I'm 5 3, which I think is a good height for alot of chararcters. Does anyone know how old is too old for face characters? I'm 30, but people say I look younger, like mid 20s. I don't know if that's too old. Either way, I'd still audition for a fur character, it looks like alot of fun

I don't think that age matters, so long as you can portray the character(s). Also remember that there are characters like the Fairy Godmother and most of the Villains who are face characters. Fairy Godmother is definitely an older character and I'd imagine the Villains could get away with it too.

I've personally seen Princesses like Cinderella and Aurora who look a little older. The only problem I could see is with characters like Snow White and Alice/Wendy who are supposed to be 12-14 years old.

But I say go for it! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    ... There's no place like home ...

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-03-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    I don't think that age matters, so long as you can portray the character(s). Also remember that there are characters like the Fairy Godmother and most of the Villains who are face characters. Fairy Godmother is definitely an older character and I'd imagine the Villains could get away with it too.

I've personally seen Princesses like Cinderella and Aurora who look a little older. The only problem I could see is with characters like Snow White and Alice/Wendy who are supposed to be 12-14 years old.

But I say go for it! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The villians tend to be taller, I think, but I could be wrong. Being short, I think I feel into the Alice/Snow white height range, which might not be right for my age. Well, the worst they can say is no, so, i might just try anyways in the future. Thanks for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by WDIShowWriter View Post
    Right. Ages of the characters (within the canon, not necessarily what they cast) goes:
    Alice, Wendy: 12
    Snow White: 14
    Ariel, Aurora, Mulan: 16
    Belle: 17
    Jasmine, Pocahontas, Rapunzel: 18
    Cinderella, Tiana: 19

From what I understand, Alice, Wendy, and some of the faries are usually cast in their very early 20s, princesses are early to mid 20s, and villains are late 20s to mid 30s. Still, it can't hurt to audition, especially if you think you look young enough!

Thanks this was very helpful! And, wow, I didn't realize how young snow white is supposed to be!