Page 431 of 541 FirstFirst ... 331381406421428429430431432433434441456481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 8102

• Evil is Sexy

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Can you sing at all? I think it would be cool to play one of the stepsisters of Cinderella - Drusella or Anastasia.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Can you sing at all? I think it would be cool to play one of the stepsisters of Cinderella - Drusella or Anastasia.
    That would be so neat to play one of the stepsisters! I've never seen them at Disneyland, except online. Their singing, is, uh, charming lol

Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread for a bit but I haven't managed to get through the whole 400 pages yet, haha, so sorry if these questions have been answered before. I was just wondering if anyone knew much about the audition process in the UK, from what I've read it seems slightly different to the USA version but I'm not sure. Any details on that are welcome.
    Also, I think that people can audition for roles in other countries, but does anyone know if there would be a remote way so I wouldn't have to pay hundreds of pounds in flight fares for an audition I might not even pass? I saw some people talking about email submissions earlier, is that pretty much what I'm describing?
    Sorry if I come off as stupid or something, I'm just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalJenn View Post
    The villians tend to be taller, I think, but I could be wrong. Being short, I think I feel into the Alice/Snow white height range, which might not be right for my age. Well, the worst they can say is no, so, i might just try anyways in the future. Thanks for your reply
    There are also the Pixie Hollow Faeries, which are 4'11"-5'2" (Tinkerbelle is anyway, according to the audition website. Not sure about the other faeries.) The height range for princesses is 5'3"-5'7" so you might be able to get away with it.

Anyway, doesn't hurt to try and all of that! Good luck and pixie dust!
    ... There's no place like home ...

• Evil is Sexy

It just takes some faith, trust and pixie dust!
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Jasmine is actually younger in her film. It starts off three days before her 15th birthday! (Beyond creepy, in my opinion) Tinkerbelle and Periwinkle are both 4'11"-5'2", the other fairies are friends with princesses (i.e. Silvermist and Mulan, Iridessa and Tiana, etc) so they are princess heights. Tink is a constant in Pixie Hollow and then the other fairies rotate out depending on the season and stuff (i.e. Peri is a winter fairy so she is out during the winter months). I noticed on the website that they no longer list the six month rule. Is that gone? I just auditioned in March, and am planning on auditioning again in at the beginning of May, June, and October and I don't want them to send me away.
    Breadwing-sometimes the other parks have an email pre-screening where you send them your resume and headshot. If you pass that, they'll ask you to attend an audition so they won't cast directly from that. If you go to disneyauditions.com and look at the specific auditions for the parks, they will have a website where you can see more audition information. There may even be a spot where you can ask about the email submissions.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by breadwing View Post
    Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread for a bit but I haven't managed to get through the whole 400 pages yet, haha, so sorry if these questions have been answered before. I was just wondering if anyone knew much about the audition process in the UK, from what I've read it seems slightly different to the USA version but I'm not sure. Any details on that are welcome.
    Also, I think that people can audition for roles in other countries, but does anyone know if there would be a remote way so I wouldn't have to pay hundreds of pounds in flight fares for an audition I might not even pass? I saw some people talking about email submissions earlier, is that pretty much what I'm describing?
    Sorry if I come off as stupid or something, I'm just wondering
    If you're English you can't really work as a character in either of the US parks unless you participate in an international program at Disney World, however as far as I know you go out there knowing you'll be working at Disney World but having no guarantee that you'll be a character, you have to pass an audition once you're there. That's the only way you can audition for an American park unless you have some way of legally living and working in the US. However, auditions are held in London and Leeds regularly for Disneyland Paris. The auditions are different to the American ones. It's mainly different because every face character is Paris is also a parade performer and costumed character. Costumed only characters in Paris can also be parade performers (but not face characters in Parades). This means that in auditions for Paris everyone is auditioning for both costumed and face characters and you have to participate in both, you can't choose not to do face or costumed. First is the animation part, so it includes things like acting as a cowboy, pirate, villain etc. Then if you pass this you then go onto the dance part. You can still pass the audition while not being very good at dancing. Usually people who can't dance at all get through while some people who can dance get cut. Then they interview you. There are basically three different roles at Disneyland Paris. Costumed character, costumed character and parade performer and costumed character parade performer and face character. Hope that is some sort of help to you. If uou need anymore help just ask

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    I don't think that age matters, so long as you can portray the character(s). Also remember that there are characters like the Fairy Godmother and most of the Villains who are face characters. Fairy Godmother is definitely an older character and I'd imagine the Villains could get away with it too.

I've personally seen Princesses like Cinderella and Aurora who look a little older. The only problem I could see is with characters like Snow White and Alice/Wendy who are supposed to be 12-14 years old.

But I say go for it! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    Age does matter. villains can get away with age. but fairies and princesses and alice/wendies can't as much. if you're in the 18-mid 20s you're probably ok, if you don't age as fast. but once you're getting close to 30, and you can tell, you're chances are slimmer to get cast. i no of those who were unable to portray their character due to their age, which is why some of the online favorites are no longer at the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by 0vivathevida0 View Post
    Age does matter. villains can get away with age. but fairies and princesses and alice/wendies can't as much. if you're in the 18-mid 20s you're probably ok, if you don't age as fast. but once you're getting close to 30, and you can tell, you're chances are slimmer to get cast. i no of those who were unable to portray their character due to their age, which is why some of the online favorites are no longer at the parks.
    In my quote I said that age doesn't matter as long as you can portray the character(s.) If you're in your 30s and you can still portray a twenty-something, and you look like the character that you are portraying, then it doesn't matter if you are 30. I'm 29 years old but I look like a 20 year old and most people are shocked when I tell them my age. I was just trying to say that there are people who are a bit older then what you'd imagine who don't look like their age.

Thanks again for your help
    I'll probably still try out for a face character and if that fails, I will definitly try for a fur character. Anything is possible, might as well try
    Last edited by MagicalJenn; 04-08-2013 at 06:19 AM.

• Original Mice-Chatter

• They call me the Mayor...

There are actually a few face characters in their 30's. So don't let that deter you.
    Pour still another glass,
    In Pinacoladaberg.
    Coconut milk with a pineapple splash.
    Donít forget that the Rum comes third!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    That website talks about Snow White, Tinkerbell, and Alice/Wendy as not being able to work past 27. That's understandable because those characters are the youngest in the princess line-up. Other Princesses like Cinderella, Aurora, etc could get away with being a bit older, I would think.

Hi guys, new poster here.

I live in the Midwest and I'm debating about flying down for the May 9th lookalike audition. I'm 5'7, and the only reason I'd be going is for Vidia. Does anyone know her current height range? I've seen a couple different things now and I'd hate to waste that money if I'm not even in the right height class.
    Last edited by stillsingingstrong; 04-18-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Last edited by MakeItBlue0312; 05-05-2014 at 05:03 PM.