Page 432 of 531 FirstFirst ... 332382407422429430431432433434435442457482 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 7951

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Even if your height is off by a bit, you do actually look like you could play Vidia, based on the people I've seen play her at the park. I think you'd have a chance

• They call me the Mayor...

I don't even think they are going to be looking for Vidias. Might want to call ahead first if that is the only reason you are coming down. Vidia isn't around too often these days.
    Pour still another glass,
    In Pinacoladaberg.
    Coconut milk with a pineapple splash.
    Donít forget that the Rum comes third!

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Pete View Post
    I don't even think they are going to be looking for Vidias. Might want to call ahead first if that is the only reason you are coming down. Vidia isn't around too often these days.
    I had heard that it was mostly Tink by herself, but I was going off of their audition calendar for May 9th. They hadn't had her on there for the last two weeks or so-it had been Snow, Cinderella, Jasmine, and Pocahontas. Then last week they added Vidia to the end of the list, so I guess I assumed that they wouldn't randomly throw her on if they weren't actually casting, right?

Truthfully, I'd heard that they look at you for other (unlisted) faces at lookalikes, so I figured why not? And it's been like 2+ years since they listed her-unless you know something I don't? If you do, please let me know!

Also-to me it's like adding Megara to the list. They don't usually put out calls for largely retired characters, as far as I knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Pete View Post
    There are actually a few face characters in their 30's. So don't let that deter you.
    There are face characters that are even in their 40+ for the mature characters.

and true there are face characters in their 30s as princesses/fairies, but out of the many there are few. and they all started when they were young and just happened to stay with the company for that long. if you were to be cast in your 30s, you'd more likely get cast for a mature character like the villains or mary poppins, etc imo

Quote Originally Posted by stillsingingstrong View Post
    Also-to me it's like adding Megara to the list. They don't usually put out calls for largely retired characters, as far as I knew.
    usually rare characters like that are portrayed by cast members who already work as a face/host/costumed characters/parade performer etc. they don't cast at a open call for characters that aren't used very often. even fairies are usually casted by those who are already cast members. and vidia has been seen very often around summertime.

and i've heard of people getting asked to stay at a face audition even if their character wasn't listed.

Hello everyone! I'm new here. Well I was wondering how shifts go for a face character. Do they go out for thirty minutes and then break for thirty an that counts as an hour? How many hours do they usually work?

Quote Originally Posted by stillsingingstrong View Post
    I had heard that it was mostly Tink by herself, but I was going off of their audition calendar for May 9th. They hadn't had her on there for the last two weeks or so-it had been Snow, Cinderella, Jasmine, and Pocahontas. Then last week they added Vidia to the end of the list, so I guess I assumed that they wouldn't randomly throw her on if they weren't actually casting, right?

Truthfully, I'd heard that they look at you for other (unlisted) faces at lookalikes, so I figured why not? And it's been like 2+ years since they listed her-unless you know something I don't? If you do, please let me know!
    If they have it up on their website, then they are definitely looking for that character. I also think that a lot of the rare characters are people in training and/or current friends. And it makes sense that they look for unlisted characters at auditions! Break a leg~
    ... There's no place like home ...

Thanks!! I really have a soft spot for Vidia, and it would be such a pleasure to be friends with her.

*Deleted* I felt awkward having the same post so I deleted this one
    Last edited by WinterLily29; 04-28-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Ever since I was 14 I wanted to work for Disney, I'm 20 now lol I've read most of this thread and became a little concerned that I might not have the disney look. I'm perfectly happy being able to do Fur but I would love to check off "Disney Face Character" off my bucket list. I was wondering if anyone might be able to give their opinion do you think I have "the look"?

Sorry if something was posted while I was typing my iPad has a mind of its own.

thanks so much! I've learned a lot from this forum and hope to make some new friends

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-03-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Curious to see if any of you have done this!

In Orlando look-a-like auditions are being held May 2nd and 9th for WDW but on May 10th and 11th the auditions are for Hong Kong. Has anyone ever gone to auditions back to back like that? Since it's for completely different parks? I wondered about the difference in process and whether it would even be the same casting person?

If anyone has any insights I'd love to hear! Thanks

My ideal character would be Mickey. I am too tall to play him or even the dwarfs.

I'm a little under 5'2" sorry I thought I wrote my height in! Hehe I'll add some more photos to my page, I don't often take a lot of picture so I added the best one I had.

Here is some pictures

http://micechat.com/forums/members/winterlily29-albums-pictures-me.html
    Last edited by WinterLily29; 05-03-2013 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Added a link to my album.

I'm currently 15 (though I've wanted to be a face character ever since I started going to Disneyland) and can't wait until I'm old enough to begin attending auditions. Although my only setback is that at my age I'm alread 5"10 so that makes me a bit on the tall side for a face character. My character of preference is Anastasia Tremaine though so I still am within the height limit which makes me quite happy. I hope that anybody who is going to be attending any auditions soon does well and that you get far (and hopefully even cast)!