Page 439 of 540 FirstFirst ... 339389414429436437438439440441442449464489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 8097

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by WDIShowWriter View Post
    Ah, ok. Sorry, I'm just repeating what I heard. My measurements are 34-24-34 and I only weight 103lbs (at 5'2"). Do you think I'll be too thin? The characters I'm eligible for are all children or fairies...

No need to say sorry, I'm just repeating things I've seen and read online And it's only related to the sizing for Princesses that I've seen. Somebody like Alice looks much thinner than a princess, since she's only a child. The sizing would probably be different for her. The fairy's are quite small too. I think you'll be fine, definitly go audition and give it a try, you might just be what their looking for

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-03-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks. I remember when they were casting Peri for the first time, along with new Tinkerbells, the site actually described Tink as "slender" and Peri as "very slim." It's interesting, if you actually watch the movie, you'll see that Tink and her sister do actually have different body types, with Peri being thinner and flatter-chested.

I hope I'm what they're looking for. At my DCP audition, I was kept until the end and had extra pictures taken, so maybe they just didn't have a spot for me at the time?
    That's true, Periwinkle does look alot slimmer than Tink, never noticed, just looked at the dvd cover. All the fairy's in general tend to be quite slim.

Wow, congrats for making it to the end of the audition! Did they wig you when you were there? It sounds like they probably took extra photos for a reason. Don't they keep people on record for about a year or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha23 View Post
    @MagicalJenn thanks for your reply

Oh and another question.......I briefly know what happens at a look alike audition but if anyone can give me any tips or tell me what kind of things happen that would be helpful!

I went to the latest look alike audition on May 2nd. There was about 104 of us, and I was #102. After we all signed in, everybody sat down and waited. And then the main casting director was talking about character integrity and important things regarding being a character.

She then brought out the choreographer and gave us a basic dance to learn. They didn't really look at our faces at first. They made us dance and learn the movements, and then perform them in front of the main casting director. We did it in groups of 6. I was in the last group, so it was enormously nerve-wracking on my part.

I unfortunately didn't make it past the first round. One thing they didn't do in the first round was line us up and look at our faces one by one like how so many people say. It was not intimidating at all, but just a little scary because you know it is for an audition. The director looked at our dancing, but she definitely looked at our faces to see if we were smiling along the way.

Go to the next May 9 audition. Don't hold back. You can also go to the face audition on May 23. Good luck to anybody who goes.

- To the casting directors, if you see this, I hope explaining my experience is alright. I just want to help some of the people on this forum and let them know that the experience is worth it and not as scary as some people think.

Good luck!

@ErickSemel thanks and yeah i heard that too that they sometimes like big foreheads, don't know if it's true though haha!

@Justonce94 thanks you have been a big help i'm too young atm but what can i say you can never prepare too much haha

@ErickSemel thanks and yeah i heard that too that they sometimes like big foreheads, don't know if it's true though haha!

@Justonce94 thanks you have been a big help i'm too young atm but what can i say you can never prepare too much haha
    Yup, you can never prepare too much. When I moved here to Orlando, I never imagined working at Disney. I never thought about auditioning, but when I met somebody who was telling me about being an entertainer, I just knew it was destiny. LOL. So, I am definitely auditioning soon.

I guess, you should just be ready for whatever. They are always changing things.

How old are you by the way if you don' mind me asking?

The youngest to audition at Disney World is 16. However, the work a 16 year old can get is only part time. Good luck though when you do get to audition!

@justonce94 I'm 16 at the minute (17 on the 23rd of jan). I would love to work in Orlando but because I live in the UK it would be hard to get a viza so i'm auditioning for Paris! Thanks and good luck to you too what part do you have in mind?

@justonce94 I'm 16 at the minute (17 on the 23rd of jan). I would love to work in Orlando but because I live in the UK it would be hard to get a viza so i'm auditioning for Paris! Thanks and good luck to you too what part do you have in mind?
    Oh, I didn't know you were in the UK. sorry about that. LOL. Cool. Definitely audition for Disneyland Paris. Based on your profile pic, you definitely have that Disney princesses look.

I definitely want to be Aladdin! When I auditioned, they were mainly looking for Aladdin's, so I really wanted to get the part, but I guess it wasn't my time yet.

I am auditioning again soon at a general character performer audition. They look for parade performers there too, and I definitely want to dance in one of the shows or parades and hopefully work my way up to become a face character as Aladdin.

You can pass for a princess. Once you are eligible to audition, go for it.

awwh thanks @justonce94 I can't wait to audition tbh! And i don't know what you look like but i'm sure you'd probably make a great Aladdin anyway, good luck

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-03-2014 at 06:34 PM.

awwh thanks @justonce94 I can't wait to audition tbh! And i don't know what you look like but i'm sure you'd probably make a great Aladdin anyway, good luck
    Awww thank you! Yeah, even though my face isn't shown here, it still feels good to hear that. Lol! I can't wait to audition again on May 16! I did a bit of research, and my friend found out that I can actually audition even though it has been just two weeks since my last audition. So I am definitely excited!

It was a DCP audition in San Francisco, so they didn't have wigs or costumes. The people that they reall liked they kept for filming, but they do that for everyone. No one got offered the job right there. The videos of us were sent to Disney casting. For them to look at and make the final decisions. About 200 of us auditioned. 125 were cut at the very beginning. Then they cut 25, and then they filmed the rest of us. And some of us they took extra pictures of.
    The obviously saw something they liked, if you made it to the final 50. In which case, if you don't hear anything, you should definilty audition again, sounds like you have a good chance

Yeah, usually when auditioning in other areas for the College program or for any character job, it is rare for them to find out on the spot. If somebody lives in Orlando and they audition at the Rehearsal facility, there are chances of getting hired at the end of the day.

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-03-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks. I hope so. the only thing is that the DCP auditions also cast parade peformers and fur, so to even be considered for face, at one of those auditions, you have to be an advanced dancer, which I am. I'm worried, though, that if I go to a lookalike audition that doesn't involve a strong dance routine, then I'll have less of a chance of getting cast, because there will be girls there who look more like the characters than I do.
    Don't be worried, you might look more like one of the characters then you think. It's always worth a shot. You never really know what their looking for, I've heard they sometimes try to find people that look like the people currently playing them.