Page 44 of 535 FirstFirst ... 193441424344454647546994144 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hi, I'm new to Mice Chat but I've been reading these posts about face character auditions lately because I would like to work there as well. I was just wondering, do you guys know if they are casting for the Disney Fairies this upcoming disney audition? on August 29th? I thought they mite be because they said they were casting for characters from the animated film Tinkerbell...

Thanks

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by totallynot05 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Mice Chat but I've been reading these posts about face character auditions lately because I would like to work there as well. I was just wondering, do you guys know if they are casting for the Disney Fairies this upcoming disney audition? on August 29th? I thought they mite be because they said they were casting for characters from the animated film Tinkerbell...

Thanks
    If they said this on the audition call, then the answer is yes.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    i also have a strange question if your alice.. i know they porbably wouldn't but what if they asked you what your second name was? what would you say?
    Okay i'm editing what I said because I get what you actually meant now :P
    Last edited by Alice in Wonderland; 08-14-2009 at 08:19 PM.

• Future Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    i also have a strange question if your alice.. i know they porbably wouldn't but what if they asked you what your second name was? what would you say?
    Hm... I'm sure that Disney made one up for them, or the CMs made one up themselves.

Alice Liddell. As written by Lewis Carroll.

• Far too curious

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Alice Liddell. As written by Lewis Carroll.
    Actually, as written by her parents. Alice Liddell is(well...was) a real person.

But without the book(s), no one would have ever cared about her first or last name

• Golden Teeth and Tones

Reading this thread seems to reaffirm to me that portraying a face character is a major labor of love for some. It would have to be, considering it's hardly a glamorous job from where I sit. Yeah, the costumes are wonderful and you get to basically play make-believe all day, but between unpredictable and sometimes rude guests, intensely hot weather, and the knowledge that you're representing one of the most powerful and, frankly, image-paranoid companies in the US. I can't even begin to imagine the stress the performers must be under.

In spite of all this, I do sometimes wish I weren't so tall (I'm six foot even) or else I could audition to be the Mad Hatter someday. Though I doubt one will be needed for a long time. I mean... Thirty Hatters?? Wow.

Anyhow, best of luck to all who audition. The cream of the characters crop has my admiration.
    Stuck in Western NY, and feeling so far away from the Magic.

• Future Tinkerbell!

Oh my goodness! I want to work at Disneyland really, really badly! Unfourtunately, I have three more years to go before I can audition! Advice that I have heard is to be a fuzzie (a.k.a the fur characters) first, then try to be a face. It shows dedication. I heard this from a guy who works at Disneyland Tokyo during the winter. Also, acting experince is probably a big factor in casting decisions, so, if you have one, bringing in a proffesional, up-to-date head shot and an acting resueme would be a very good idea.

I am 4'10, and I really, really hope to be cast as Tinkerbell. Only problem is, I am also very tiny. I have fit into a size four dress, but that was British sizes, so I am not sure if that is the old sizes or not. I have blonde hair and blue eyes, so I really hope I have a chance!

Also, does anyone know anything about the application? Like, can you submit letters of recemondation and stuff? I know a few people who have said they would do so for me. But, what is the application like? Thanks!

Oh and AliceInWonderland and Hannahbell1000- I am a lot like you guys too! Lol....I live like 30-45 minutes away from Disneyland, and I have wanted to work there for forever, and I am like the same age, and none of my friends want to audition either! I know this is from like forever ago but, I thought I would mention it. Maybe we will all end up working together!
    Last edited by littleactressann; 08-14-2009 at 10:04 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    Oh my goodness! I want to work at Disneyland really, really badly! Unfourtunately, I have three more years to go before I can audition! Advice that I have heard is to be a fuzzie (a.k.a the fur characters) first, then try to be a face. It shows dedication. I heard this from a guy who works at Disneyland Tokyo during the winter. Also, acting experince is probably a big factor in casting decisions, so, if you have one, bringing in a proffesional, up-to-date head shot and an acting resueme would be a very good idea.

I am 4'10, and I really, really hope to be cast as Tinkerbell. Only problem is, I am also very tiny. I have fit into a size four dress, but that was British sizes, so I am not sure if that is the old sizes or not. I have blonde hair and blue eyes, so I really hope I have a chance!

Also, does anyone know anything about the application? Like, can you submit letters of recemondation and stuff? I know a few people who have said they would do so for me. But, what is the application like? Thanks!
    Wow, there's more hopefuls then I thought!
    Well, I don't know like any answers to your questions, but good luck with Tinkerbell

• bookwormgirl

i live 5 hours from disneyland

• Future Tinkerbell!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    Wow, there's more hopefuls then I thought!
    Well, I don't know like any answers to your questions, but good luck with Tinkerbell
    Haha ya, it's a popular job! Oh, and about the age thing, I actually read somewhere that most characters are highschool or college age!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    Haha ya, it's a popular job! Oh, and about the age thing, I actually read somewhere that most characters are highschool or college age!
    Yeah!
    Oh cool Because I'd like to audition right when I'm 18, but I felt like i'd be the only young one there. So that's good!

• Future Tinkerbell!

Nope, you wouldn't be! Did you see my edit on my first post? I think you should check it out!

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Another quick question regarding fuzzy auditions: when they have you act out a random scenario, do you have to improv it then and there, or do you get a few minutes to prepare?