Page 441 of 541 FirstFirst ... 341391416431438439440441442443444451466491 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

So, I don't know if there are any character performers (particularly parade performers) on here that can answer my question, but it's worth a try anyways.

I went to character performer auditions in April and out of 300 or so, I made it to the last 5! I've been to 6 or 7 Disney auditions, so I was really excited to finally make it past the first round, let alone all the way to the end! There was a separate group of 5 that were being considered for face, but my group was being considered for parades and shows. We went through four dancing rounds and were videotaped twice. We were told we would find out anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months. However, I had to mention that I was college program on my paperwork, and I'm sure they could look up my perner and see that my program doesn't end up May 24th. I'm wondering if they wouldn't contact me until after my program is over? Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what that means to be in the final 5 and be told to wait 2 weeks to 6 months. Is that a good probability of getting something, or more like a 50/50?

Also, if I go to the auditions on the 16th and get a lower score than what I got at the audition a month ago, will that affect anything? Or are they two separate scores? The auditions said nothing about the 6 month rule, so I really wanted to go again unless you guys think it's a bad idea. If someone could answer my questions, that would be great. Thanks!!!

KMGtwirler: I think I understand your question! You went to an audition, made it to the end for parade, will be contacted in 2 weeks-6 months, but you're on the CP currently so you're not sure if they'll call you until after the program is over? Honestly, I don't think that will affect your chances since you're program ends soon. If they have a position open and they need someone now, and you're program doesn't end until August, that would be a problem. The six month rule is no longer a thing for Disney, so definitely go to as many as you can! Wrose case scenario the casting director recognises you and lets you go early because they don't need to see anything else. Best case, you get a different casting director who casts you on the spot or it's the same director and they see you're dedicated to getting the position.

On a similar note, I finally got into the CP a few weeks ago! It was my third time trying. Didn't get character (was cut after the first round), but was accepted for merchandise! I plan on auditioning A LOT while down there though and I would be happy to PM people audition experiences for current CMs. I don't arrive until July, but I'll be there through January for sure (but after that I would be returning to a city that only gets ice, never snow, so I'll probably extend for another program), and then I might go seasonal afterwards!

Congrats on CP Harpist!!!

@WDIShowWriter they're all great charcters and fun to play too I personally love Rosetta too I think she is the funniest fairy tbh and her accent is sooo cool!

@WinterLily29 it's possible you coul be messured up too
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 06-25-2013 at 11:44 PM.

@WinterLily29 if they don't alice would be great for you

do they make you pay for parking?

has anyone noticed the disney look alikes all have super white smiles? Does disney whiten your teeth for you or smething?

They do have really white smiles don't they? I doubt that they pay for teeth whitening. I've read that in the auditions for face, they look for things like good skin, white teeth, ect.

Yeah, I am sure white teeth is one of the main things they look for. They definitely want people with a big smile and white teeth. Whitening strips may help!

My teeth are pretty white anyway! But I might get them whitened before I go, I just don't want little things to stop me getting through!

@Kaysha23 thank you

Hi! This is my first time posting here, though I've been lurking for a while.

I'm going to the WDW Look-a-like audition on May 23. Will anyone else here be there? I would feel about ten million times better knowing someone there XD

Hi everyone! New girl here. I am heading to the June 6th look-a-like auditions. Super excited! I already work as an operating participant as a caricature artist in the Disney hotels and AK, but man, it'd be wonderful to be one of the characters too!! I've had so many guests say I sounded like a princess and could pull off Tink. I'm only 5' 0" (kinda short for a princess...), blue eyes, and look like I'm around 18-20 when I'm 26! I'd love to be Wendy, Tink, Alice, or the like. I just couldn't be a fur character- I am too talkative!! I hope my slight imperfections here or there wouldn't be too bad. I love working at Disney and really like to be a character too! Wish me luck!!!

Also, anyone else heading to the June 6th auditions?

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-03-2014 at 06:36 PM.

One of the things I worry about is the upper age limit. Do they cut you because of how old you ARE, or how old you LOOK? Because I look 16-18. And I don't mean that people tell me I could pass for a teenager, I mean people sternly ask if I'm cutting school today, and try to confiscate my "fake ID" when I show them a driver's license saying I'm 28.

My roommate says I'm being ridiculous to worry about it, but I'm really really excited for this audition, and I really hope they don't cut me before I even get a chance, you know?

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, everything I've read says face characters still do fur at WDW, CaricatureGirl. So if you really want to be cast as a face character, it might be a good idea to start getting comfortable with the idea of working in fur too. On the plus side, working in fur means very short shifts - one article said 20 minutes on, 40 minutes off. Silver linings, right?