Page 442 of 541 FirstFirst ... 342392417432439440441442443444445452467492 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

At the May 16 audition yesterday, a lady showed up in her fifties or older. Did they kick her out? Nope. They give everybody of any age a chance. When I auditioned, we were in the same room during our group audition.

Oh, ok! That's fine if I have to do fur. I just got to keep quiet! Lol. I didn't mean to come off as a snob or anything. I love making kids happy, so if I have to do fur, that's alright! Its just hard for me to shut up. Lol

Hey! A friend of mine, it turns out, works at Disney, and I was talking to her this evening. She said that whatever you do during the movement routine, don't watch the person next to you. A lot of times people are sort of watching the person in the line next to them, and when that person messes up, nine times out of ten everybody in the line does. So focus on the routine itself, not the person next to you.

That, and if you have tattoos, cover them with makeup for the audition. A girl she saw was pretty much set to be friends with Ariel, but when they went to put her in costume, she had a tattoo on her back, so she couldn't do it. She said the girl left sobbing. She could've covered it to work, but it was visible at the audition, so she was done.

Man, I am so excited, I can't even stand it.

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by opalimne View Post
    That, and if you have tattoos, cover them with makeup for the audition. A girl she saw was pretty much set to be friends with Ariel, but when they went to put her in costume, she had a tattoo on her back, so she couldn't do it. She said the girl left sobbing. She could've covered it to work, but it was visible at the audition, so she was done.
    Unfortunately, in that example it wouldn't have made a difference (because at WDW, to be friends with Ariel you have to be able to do both fin and dress. And you can't have tattoos in many locations for fin)
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    Unfortunately, in that example it wouldn't have made a difference (because at WDW, to be friends with Ariel you have to be able to do both fin and dress. And you can't have tattoos in many locations for fin)
    Oh wow. Poor girl. Makes me glad I don't have tattoos, but I feel really bad for her, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by justonce94 View Post
    At the May 16 audition yesterday, a lady showed up in her fifties or older. Did they kick her out? Nope. They give everybody of any age a chance. When I auditioned, we were in the same room during our group audition.
    how did your audition go?

Does anybody have any details on Ariel's fin costume? I've seen a few pictures of the costume with a flesh-toned leotard, but most with just the shell bra, and a good number with her wearing a sort of bubble-capelet thing. Is the cape just for colder weather, or is it for Ariels who don't want to show so much skin, or what?

I also have an Ariel/Jasmine related question. Obviously the girls can't have tattoos, but what about freckles? When you're showing that much of your body, your bound to have some moles, freckles, scars, etc.. This is super wishful thinking, but I have a few larger freckles on my shoulder from sun poisoning when I was a kid. Would they let me hide that with makeup if I made it to that point in the audition, or would they automatically not consider me when they saw them?

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-03-2014 at 06:37 PM.

@KMGtwirler in your case I would cover your freckles when you go to audition and if you get as far as costume just inform them about your freckles but tell them you can cover them up it's okay if you can still see them a bit because i've seen an Ariel with freckles on her face before, but i would cover them up as best you can still!

@opalimne it depends where she is and what the weather is like usually during the parade Ariel will wear the flesh toned leotard (usually this has sleeves but I have seen her wear sleeveless leotards when the weather is better although this still covers the shoulders). When she does meet and greet she normally just wears the bra! And yeah the cape is for when it's cold!

Hope this helps <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha23 View Post
    how did your audition go?
    It went by pretty well. I didn't make it to the second round, but I will be auditioning again soon!

During the May 16th audition, I saw two other people from my last audition from the 2nd. It was nice seeing one of them make it to the next round at this audition. I was in the same group as him on the 16th. Now I have a small glimmer of hope that they will hire you, or take you to the next round, when it is your time.

It's all about going to the right audition at the most perfect time. One casting director may see you as perfect while another may not. I'm just hoping that on my next audition that the casting director really does see me and considers me for Aladdin or a face character role.

On the Disney website, I read that tattoos are not allowed at all for any face character. So that makes me feel food knowing that I don't have any tattoos.

@justonce94 awh that's good that you're not giving up! When is your next audition?

I am definitely going again on the June 6th audition at the Rehearsal Facility. I am so excited. This time though, I won't try to expect so much. I'm just going to have fun and see where that takes me. I so want it. I know that I am just going to regret it if I don't continue trying. My friend said it took her friend 11 tries to get the role of Belle. At least I know that they do pick you if you attend the right audition and if you just keep going.

To anybody auditioning here, DO NOT GIVE UP. It is such a worthwhile job that can be quite exciting once you get it.

Kaysha: Do you have any tips for me at my next audition?

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    KMGtwirler: I think I understand your question! You went to an audition, made it to the end for parade, will be contacted in 2 weeks-6 months, but you're on the CP currently so you're not sure if they'll call you until after the program is over? Honestly, I don't think that will affect your chances since you're program ends soon. If they have a position open and they need someone now, and you're program doesn't end until August, that would be a problem. The six month rule is no longer a thing for Disney, so definitely go to as many as you can! Wrose case scenario the casting director recognises you and lets you go early because they don't need to see anything else. Best case, you get a different casting director who casts you on the spot or it's the same director and they see you're dedicated to getting the position.

On a similar note, I finally got into the CP a few weeks ago! It was my third time trying. Didn't get character (was cut after the first round), but was accepted for merchandise! I plan on auditioning A LOT while down there though and I would be happy to PM people audition experiences for current CMs. I don't arrive until July, but I'll be there through January for sure (but after that I would be returning to a city that only gets ice, never snow, so I'll probably extend for another program), and then I might go seasonal afterwards!
    Just a note, as a CP there are only 2 auditions you will be able to go to. One is for female lookalikes and the other is for extending your program. All the others specifically say that current College Program cast members are no eligible to attend. The only exception is if it's within 6 weeks of the end of your program and you want to be considered for full-time/part-time.

@justonce94 yet again best of luck......third time lucky and I can't really think of much advice but I was just reading some tips and they made the point that if you get there really early and are in the first 5 you have a better chance because if your further down the line it becomes repetitive for the judges and they compare you to the first people they saw (so will be more likely to dismiss you)! I thought that was a good tip tbh! And you'll know the rest like always smile and stay animated etc etc.....
    I'm so excited to audition too and i've still got to wait like a year and half -_- I think the bit I'm actually most nervous about other than the dancing is just the looks round because one person may see you as the character but another judge on a different day may not! Like you said it's all depends on who you get on the day! The acting looks pretty fun though haha