Page 444 of 535 FirstFirst ... 344394419434441442443444445446447454469494 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 8019

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

That is so hilarious. Something came up for me too. I was supposed to go, but I just wasn't able to.

I am 100% sure though that the Parade performer auditions on the 20th are the ones I am going to go too. I am sure of it. Lol

I am hope it is the same across the floor dance as the one on May 16th. It was a parade jazz square dance, and I have been practicing.

What dance do you guys think it is going to be on June 20th audition? They are looking for especially male movers, so that might help me out.

Hello all, I recently stumbled upon this website. I was a disney face character for six years, "friends with" Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel, and both Chip and Dale early on in my career as a cast member. I would be happy to answer any and all questions about the auditions or what it's like to work at Walt Disney World.

Does anyone happen to know when the contracts for the cruise line are likely to start? On the audition website it says "September 2013", but is that more likely to be near the beginning of the month or the end?

Quote Originally Posted by blondie1115 View Post
    Hello all, I recently stumbled upon this website. I was a disney face character for six years, "friends with" Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel, and both Chip and Dale early on in my career as a cast member. I would be happy to answer any and all questions about the auditions or what it's like to work at Walt Disney World.
    Hi Blondie,

I heard that some Cinderellas got away with fur? Did you ever get the chance to stop being fur? Lol.

How many times did you have to audition? Did you start off as fur first?

Quote Originally Posted by justonce94 View Post
    Hi Blondie,

I heard that some Cinderellas got away with fur? Did you ever get the chance to stop being fur? Lol.

How many times did you have to audition? Did you start off as fur first?
    Hi justonce! At Walt disney world, at least when I started working there, everyone has to do fur, even if it's only for a short period of time. I was friends with both chip and for a short time, about 3 weeks or so. However, a lot of times people do the for longer than that. It really just depends on what they need at that time. But after those few weeks, I only did fur maybe three or four times when they really needed someone. I only auditioned once- while at my audition they wigged me, had me wear Cinderella makeup and the Cinderella costume. That doesn't happen a lot, but they really liked me as Cinderella. After I tried on the Cindy costume, they had me try on a few other princesses as well. I ended up being friends with Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel only for certain parades. I was primarily Cinderella, though.

Is it true that you "age out" pretty young? Is it a matter of your age, or of how old you look?

Quote Originally Posted by opalimne View Post
    Is it true that you "age out" pretty young? Is it a matter of your age, or of how old you look?
    It honestly just depends on how young you look. Especially for roles like Alice and Wendy. Makeup does a lot, but they prefer the face characters to look pretty young. For most face characters (princes, princesses, etc.), the look they are going for is young to mid twenties.

I once heard that performers get Powerade during breaks. Is that true? Can you drink as many as you like? If so, have you ever brought any home?

• Face Character fanatic

Quickie question: If one of the princesses is walking with (a) child/children and someone randomly comes up and asks for a picture, how are the princesses taught to respond? I've seen a couple YouTube videos where this situation is presented, and I've been wondering about this for a little while: Do they ignore the person wanting a picture?
    Here's an example: Disney World 2011- Sleeping Beauty Kidnaps My Kids - YouTube
    It happens at 0:33

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by justonce94 View Post
    I once heard that performers get Powerade during breaks. Is that true? Can you drink as many as you like? If so, have you ever brought any home?
    Yeah, it's in the breakrooms. And yeah, there's no limit (but I wouldn't bring more then 1-2 home, as it's supposed to be for the breakroom)
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Just wanted to update and say - I got put into the character pool! Excited! Does anybody know, however, how long it could take to finally get called and what the earliest time was? It's only been a few days, but just so excited!

Congrats!! That is exciting! Unfortunately I don't know much about the character pool. At my last cruise ship audition I was told I'd be kept on file for a year for possible future contracts but that was in February and I haven't heard anything yet. I think the character pool could be different though so congrats again! So nice to hear good news like that!

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHopeful View Post
    Congrats!! That is exciting! Unfortunately I don't know much about the character pool. At my last cruise ship audition I was told I'd be kept on file for a year for possible future contracts but that was in February and I haven't heard anything yet. I think the character pool could be different though so congrats again! So nice to hear good news like that!
    Thank you! Yeah, I am so nervous even though it's only been a couple of days! Thanks for the support

Quote Originally Posted by KatelinDiane View Post
    Congrats justonce94! I truly hope you get it!!

Anyone going to the Pixar Play Parade auditions, Sunday?

Thank you! I am so happy! I literally cried when I heard my number called! Is the Pixar audition for Disneyland?