Page 446 of 541 FirstFirst ... 346396421436443444445446447448449456471496 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hi Pixie Dust,

I once had a lot of time on my hands so I went through this whole thread looking for advice. It seemed as though people said not to wear contacts so you go in looking like yourself. If they like you for a certain role but you have the wrong colour eyes, they may give you coloured contacts to wear while you perform. This isn't official info though just what I have read.

As for the nose, it's really hard to say. No one can know exactly what the casting directors are looking for so I would say just go and audition and see what happens! If you don't get cast right away don't be too discouraged. I've been to 5 Disney Cruise Line Auditions and have not yet been cast and I know people go to tonnes of auditions sometimes before being cast. Just go for the experience and have fun!

Best of luck to you!!

I would REALLY like to be a Belle face character since I can relate to her so much. I am about 5'3.5"/ 5'4" (almost short for a princess) I'm worried that I won't have a chance being Belle because I have blue eyes and fair skin. All the pictures of Belles I've seen are quite tan and have brown eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedBelle1996 View Post
    I would REALLY like to be a Belle face character since I can relate to her so much. I am about 5'3.5"/ 5'4" (almost short for a princess) I'm worried that I won't have a chance being Belle because I have blue eyes and fair skin. All the pictures of Belles I've seen are quite tan and have brown eyes...
    CMHopeful said there's a possibility Disney provides different colored eye contacts, and I've seen my fair share of Belles that are fair skinned. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseTheDream View Post
    I was wondering about the electronic submissions as well. I really like the idea because this way the auditioners can tell at a glance if you might be looking for without holding a mass cattle call audition. Seems like real time-saver for both them and us ^_~.
    But I'm wondering about a couple of things. One, do you guys think it matters if we smile with our mouths closed or not? Or do they want to br able to see what our teeth look like? I have a gappy smile, but I'd be more than willing to buy a set of fake teeth to put over them. I just don't think I could get them by the deadline. Would a close-mouthed smile be a turn-off?
    Also, is it possible to be too...busty? I'm 5'1 and pretty little, but I'm a D-cup.o.O Since the characters I'm the right size for are either kids or fairies, I wonder if being too "top-heavy" is a problem.
    Paranoid questions, maybe. I just want to know what kinds of things they look for, as well as what's considered a turn-off.
    You absolutely must smile with your teeth showing, as that's how the characters smile in pictures in the parks. They won't even consider you with a close-lipped smiled because it's not at all relevant to what you'd be doing.

And it is definitely possible to be too busty. I know several girls who can't be friends with tinker bell because they're too busty. To hang out with Alice and Wendy, it might not be a big issue if you wear two sports bras or something like that. Most of their friends are very small chested.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedBelle1996 View Post
    Don't worry about it too much! You're not too short and there are definitely some friends of Belle that are fair with blue eyes. Those don't matter as much as your face structure.

Just submit your photos and video auditions, girls! Do not worry too much! Disney IS VERY unpredictable. As long as they can imagine you as a character and they see your face structure as wonderfully shaped, you can get it.

The one problem most people deal with is the difficulty of simply worrying too much! If you can, go to an in person audition if you live in Orlando and get your face shown.

I used to always worry. The key is to have them see you. Small things like your eyes being a different color are the last thing casting directors look for.

When auditioning, be happy and fun. It is always very relaxing and fun. Hope your dreams come true!

• ^_~.

Quote Originally Posted by WishStar View Post
    You absolutely must smile with your teeth showing, as that's how the characters smile in pictures in the parks. They won't even consider you with a close-lipped smiled because it's not at all relevant to what you'd be doing.

And it is definitely possible to be too busty. I know several girls who can't be friends with tinker bell because they're too busty. To hang out with Alice and Wendy, it might not be a big issue if you wear two sports bras or something like that. Most of their friends are very small chested.
    Whew, thanks for the advice! I was going to play it safe and keep my mouth closed. Sounds like that would have been very bad. As for the chest, I'll just try to rein 'em in as best I can and hope for the best ^_~. If they decide to consider me, I can show them the compression vest I have that practically makes them disappear! It's pretty awesome. I'd wear it for the photo, but that would defeat the purpose of them wanting to see my shape.

And justonce, thanks so much for the encouraging words! That's so sweet. I think all us hopefuls needed to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseTheDream View Post
    Whew, thanks for the advice! I was going to play it safe and keep my mouth closed. Sounds like that would have been very bad. As for the chest, I'll just try to rein 'em in as best I can and hope for the best ^_~. If they decide to consider me, I can show them the compression vest I have that practically makes them disappear! It's pretty awesome. I'd wear it for the photo, but that would defeat the purpose of them wanting to see my shape.

And justonce, thanks so much for the encouraging words! That's so sweet. I think all us hopefuls needed to hear that.
    Sure!. No problem. I was very insecure on my first audition, and I didn't make it past the first cut. The same thing happened to me on my second audition. On my third one, I was a little less nervous and talked to literally everybody in my line. By the time we all got in, we were supporting each other, and I made it to the next round. I am in the character pool now!

Confidence is the key to Disney auditions. One of my friends at the audition works as a photographer at the parks, and she explained how the majority of her friends who are character performers had to audition more than 20 times on average.

So, don't get too discouraged if you girls don't get it right away.

Chasethedream, I think smiling would be the best idea hahaha! Just show that big smile of yours. I'm sure it's beautiful

To everyone, all of the auditions at Disney are always very unpredictable and you never know what they are looking for. In the end, you may end up getting the character you want, or you may be perfect for someone you are not expecting.

When submitting your photos and videos for the July 19 electronic submission, just show your personalities.

• Sock Puppet

I feel like i've asked this a lot, but I'm still 17 turning 18 in November, but I just graduated high school and I have a very open schedule. So I can still go to this upcoming Disneyland audition on August 3, right? It used to say 18 or a graduating senior, but not it just says must be 18. Hopefully I can still go

You are taught to stay in character no matter what. Obviously, you cannot completly ignore someone wanting a picture, I would normally just ask the person to wait a moment and then bid farewell to the child and take the picture. But it really just depends on the situation, the important thing is staying in character.

Quote Originally Posted by blondie1115 View Post
    You are taught to stay in character no matter what. Obviously, you cannot completly ignore someone wanting a picture, I would normally just ask the person to wait a moment and then bid farewell to the child and take the picture. But it really just depends on the situation, the important thing is staying in character.
    But they also teach you in training that a very good thing we can possess is selective hearing. If they bug you once from the side about a picture, you can just be very into the current interaction and "not hear it". If it continues, you come up with a story-appropriate way of saying that you're playing with those kids right now.

That's my number one pet peeve especially as a guest. If a character is obviously playing with some people, do not thrust your children upon them and demand a picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland View Post
    I feel like i've asked this a lot, but I'm still 17 turning 18 in November, but I just graduated high school and I have a very open schedule. So I can still go to this upcoming Disneyland audition on August 3, right? It used to say 18 or a graduating senior, but not it just says must be 18. Hopefully I can still go
    Hi Alice!

I don't have any official info but I'd say you should go!! They might not even ask about your age and at least you'd finally get the chance to audition after waiting all these years!! Do you have the e-mail address for them? You could always e-mail and ask just to be sure but they likely won't check until you get further along and by then they might like you so much they'll just cast you anyway. Best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by CMHopeful View Post
    Hi Alice!

I don't have any official info but I'd say you should go!! They might not even ask about your age and at least you'd finally get the chance to audition after waiting all these years!! Do you have the e-mail address for them? You could always e-mail and ask just to be sure but they likely won't check until you get further along and by then they might like you so much they'll just cast you anyway. Best of luck to you!

Yes, you can. As long as you are a graduating senior! Just follow CMhopefuls advice and go. You never know, right?

Have any of you ever auditioned to work in Japan?
    Do you know if the auditions for that are any different than ones for the US?

• Ossumpossum

A look alike audition has been posted for Disneyland on August 3rd at 10:00am~!

Now to figure out if I am able to make the 6 hour trek down south or not. I've gotta get myself a magic carpet for these things! haha~