Page 45 of 537 FirstFirst ... 203542434445464748557095145 ... LastLast

• Future Tinkerbell!

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I don't know much about them, but I would guess that you would have a few minutes to prepare if you are given a script. However, of you are asked just to improv, you would most likely have to come up with stuff on the spot. I didn't know that fuzzies talked though? Did you see somewhere about having to improv or do a scene?

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    I don't know much about them, but I would guess that you would have a few minutes to prepare if you are given a script. However, of you are asked just to improv, you would most likely have to come up with stuff on the spot. I didn't know that fuzzies talked though? Did you see somewhere about having to improv or do a scene?
    Apparently, they just give you a situation (i.e. changing a tire) and you have to silently act it out. I'm pretty sure you have to come up with what to do on your own, but I was wondering how much time you get to prepare.

• aliceindisneyland

wow, i never knew so many people wanted to work there!
    and welcome to micechat
    i live around a 12 hour flight from disneyland , which is rubbish.
    along with aliceinwonderland i would too like to be alice/tink/wendy (but i don;t really think she's out anymore) best of luck for when you can audition..
    also about the costume sizes.. they don;t look for super skinny girls just natural..but tink is a smaller charatcer so her costume will be small..

from your pic you look a little like alice

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    Oh my goodness! I want to work at Disneyland really, really badly! Unfourtunately, I have three more years to go before I can audition! Advice that I have heard is to be a fuzzie (a.k.a the fur characters) first, then try to be a face. It shows dedication. I heard this from a guy who works at Disneyland Tokyo during the winter. Also, acting experince is probably a big factor in casting decisions, so, if you have one, bringing in a proffesional, up-to-date head shot and an acting resueme would be a very good idea.

I am 4'10, and I really, really hope to be cast as Tinkerbell. Only problem is, I am also very tiny. I have fit into a size four dress, but that was British sizes, so I am not sure if that is the old sizes or not. I have blonde hair and blue eyes, so I really hope I have a chance!

Also, does anyone know anything about the application? Like, can you submit letters of recemondation and stuff? I know a few people who have said they would do so for me. But, what is the application like? Thanks!

Oh and AliceInWonderland and Hannahbell1000- I am a lot like you guys too! Lol....I live like 30-45 minutes away from Disneyland, and I have wanted to work there for forever, and I am like the same age, and none of my friends want to audition either! I know this is from like forever ago but, I thought I would mention it. Maybe we will all end up working together!

Ahh, hey!!!! It's so good to meet you!!! Omg, we three are peas in a pod I live exactly the same distance from Disneyland!!! Working there as a princess has been my dream since I was 12! We're going to be great friends!

I think the hiring age is 17 and a graduating senior! So, technically, if you're in your senior year but say, don't turn 18 until summer, you can still audition Lol, that makes me SO happy, even though my birthday is in October. I'm like, "the second junior year ends, I am off to auditions!!!" Which works, right??? =P I don't know if I'm going to wait until after high school ends to audition, or if I'll apply for a part time and maybe work on weekends, if it's possible. But I think the workload might kill! I would naturally wait, but I'd really like to go to to the East Coast for college, meaning I'm SO far away!!! I don't know what I'm going to do, but I know Disney is definitely in my future If I get it, of course. So competitive! So many girls. =P But I'll go to 50 million auditions if it means I could get hired. It's so worth it!!

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post
    Apparently, they just give you a situation (i.e. changing a tire) and you have to silently act it out. I'm pretty sure you have to come up with what to do on your own, but I was wondering how much time you get to prepare.
    I'm guessing you have to do it on the spot; or else it wouldn't really be improv, would it? They sound fun. Someone who auditioned said hers was 'picking acorns off a tree'. Just little scenarios I suppose! I heard they do this for princess auditions too, though, and I'm wondering: would you act out the scenario as a princess? Like, change a tire.. Like a princess? =P Or do they just want to see your cold improv ability??

• Future Tinkerbell!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    I'm guessing you have to do it on the spot; or else it wouldn't really be improv, would it? They sound fun. Someone who auditioned said hers was 'picking acorns off a tree'. Just little scenarios I suppose! I heard they do this for princess auditions too, though, and I'm wondering: would you act out the scenario as a princess? Like, change a tire.. Like a princess? =P Or do they just want to see your cold improv ability??
    I think it would be a mixture of both! But, I go to curchon Anaheim, so I know people who might know a little about adutions! I actually know this lady who knows the current tinkerbell!

• Sock Puppet

littleactressann- I just read your edit, and that's awesome! It's cool how we all want to be different things to! Hannah A princess, you Tinkerbell, and I've always wanted to be Alice. That would be awesome if we all got to work there together! And Becki when she moves down :P Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Ahh, hey!!!! It's so good to meet you!!! Omg, we three are peas in a pod I live exactly the same distance from Disneyland!!! Working there as a princess has been my dream since I was 12! We're going to be great friends!

I think the hiring age is 17 and a graduating senior! So, technically, if you're in your senior year but say, don't turn 18 until summer, you can still audition Lol, that makes me SO happy, even though my birthday is in October. I'm like, "the second junior year ends, I am off to auditions!!!" Which works, right??? =P I don't know if I'm going to wait until after high school ends to audition, or if I'll apply for a part time and maybe work on weekends, if it's possible. But I think the workload might kill! I would naturally wait, but I'd really like to go to to the East Coast for college, meaning I'm SO far away!!! I don't know what I'm going to do, but I know Disney is definitely in my future If I get it, of course. So competitive! So many girls. =P But I'll go to 50 million auditions if it means I could get hired. It's so worth it!!
    You actually have to be 18 years old.

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    littleactressann- I just read your edit, and that's awesome! It's cool how we all want to be different things to! Hannah A princess, you Tinkerbell, and I've always wanted to be Alice. That would be awesome if we all got to work there together! And Becki when she moves down :P Haha.

thankyou
    it would be really cool, i think if you really believe you can do it you will, it's not like we can;t act like them or anything.. i could see all of us at disneyland.. maybe aliceinwonerland-alice/wendy....me-alice/wendy..hannabelle-princess(whichever you may be) and littleactressann-tinkerbelle.. that would be so cool

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    thankyou
    it would be really cool, i think if you really believe you can do it you will, it's not like we can;t act like them or anything.. i could see all of us at disneyland.. maybe aliceinwonerland-alice/wendy....me-alice/wendy..hannabelle-princess(whichever you may be) and littleactressann-tinkerbelle.. that would be so cool
    Yes! I just have so much determination for this job :P I mean even if my brown eyes effect my chances, maybe I could be parade Alice and Wendy (:
    I hope we all get our dreams and work towards it! I would just love to work with all of you.

• aliceindisneyland

same here.. it seems now everytime i look in the mirror i practise an alice smile or my hands do what she does.. but i'm wooried about my nose.. when you see her at DL does her nose go straight down... because mine goes down but has a tiny(very small) ball on the end.. would that effect my chances?? i know it's abit of a weird Q..and to be quite honest, because you look so much like alice or wendy i don't think they will, and the parades look brilliant!
    i love the alice in wonderland one with the tea party table

also do you know how long people stay as characters.. can they stay for a long time and just move on to different places around disney....
    or are they there for a year and then thats it...

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    also do you know how long people stay as characters.. can they stay for a long time and just move on to different places around disney....
    or are they there for a year and then thats it...
    About once a year they have a re-approval. It's like another audition, though this time it's only face characters. They'll look at you, and either re-approve you, or pull your knowledge of the character (sometimes they offer people additional characters).

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    About once a year they have a re-approval. It's like another audition, though this time it's only face characters. They'll look at you, and either re-approve you, or pull your knowledge of the character (sometimes they offer people additional characters).
    thankyou do alot stay??? andso if they think you could stay as that character you could, or they offer you another role or you go..

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    Gah, lol omg that's terrifying! What would be the cause for a denied re-approval?

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    You actually have to be 18 years old.
    Oh my gosh, you're so right! I guess I was thinking Disney World- Apparently you're allowed to apply at 16!!!

These are the requirements I found online for Princess Tiana (Disney World audition):

Requirements:
    Applicants MUST have a height between 5'5" - 5'8" (barefoot). Heights will be measured before applicants are allowed to audition.

Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and authorized to work in the United States.

Please no flip flops, ripped jeans or shorts.

This audition is open to current Cast Members from all lines of business as well as non-employees of the Walt Disney World Co.

Ahh! Tall AND 16! Jealous. I wonder why there is such a difference between parks?

EDIT: Oh, heehee, your username is cute! Thank you for rescuing the day