Page 450 of 548 FirstFirst ... 350400425440447448449450451452453460475500 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 8213
  1. #6736

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    So excited and nervous for saturday omg

  2. #6737

    • Tink
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    137

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Is anyone thinking on going to the auditions in Florida on the 17 for Tokyo?
    I want to go but can only afford a ticket of course. I wish they had online auditions for it or any Texas. I'm curious if anyone cause I'd love to hear how it went.

    Alice in Wonderland let me know how Saturday goes. break a leg!

  3. #6738

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    117

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Don't worry about Gastons muscles, in fact, if you did have big muscles that would more likely put them off you. You also may be a little small for Gaston, but okay for Prince height, however Disney's measuring never seems to be what you actually are so you may end up being Gaston height if that makes any sense
    It does! Yeah, the actual height of Gaston is probably like 6'6.... Haha

    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTinkTX View Post
    Attachment 31354
    I took this photo with Gaston when I went to Disney in May.
    To give you an idea of his costume.
    It is very muscular and when I "danced with him", I cold feel the fake muscles.
    So you certainly do not need to have muscle, I think it is more in the face they are looking for men who's face will fit the costume (like not have a small head in such a big/muscle costume).

    Yeah! That makes sense! He would be a fun character to be

    When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" .
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Mathew 19:25-26

  4. #6739

    • Tink
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    137

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Anyone who did the virtual audition, could you check out my post?

    Disney Virtual Audition

    I have questions pertaining only to that audition.

    Thank you

  5. #6740

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Under the sea.
    Posts
    84

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Hi guys!!

    I haven't posted in this for literally years, but I have a happy ending/encouraging story to share!

    I started replying to this humongous post when I first realized that becoming a face character was a real job that anyone could try for. I was probably 15-16 years old. (I'm now 20) I started going to auditions for WDW when I was freshly 16 years of age. I went to all kinds of auditions, face only, princess only, character performers, college program auditions, Star Wars Weekends auditions, Tokyo Disneyland auditions.. all kinds, and NEVER got looked at twice and never even made it past the first cut at any of them. After 6 auditions with NO result, I was beginning to get discouraged and had accepted the fact that I just don't have a face character face. I then decided to keep auditioning, because I am so passionate about Disney Entertainment that I would be BEYOND thrilled (I keep using all caps words lol) to even be a fur character or even a character attendant.

    On May 16th there was a fur character audition. When I woke up in the morning, I didn't even want to go. I just wasn't feeling it, and I ended up being so rushed to get ready that I left with wet hair. At the audition there were around 200 people, and we did a short movement routine (parade march dance of sorts) like usual. I sat down with my friends after everyone had danced, and they started to call numbers to stay for the next round. They started with a number higher than mine, meaning no one in my section of numbers had been kept. Honestly, I wasn't surprised, or even disappointed after experiencing this so much. Then, she started calling lower numbers.. and called mine. I immediately burst into tears, my best friend was hugging me before telling me she'd be waiting and then leaving.. I was beside myself.

    I can't describe too much detail of the rest, but the next round was animating, and after the group was done, she gave the whole "congrats, you are all in the fur character pool, you will be contacted if anything opens up" and thanked us for our time. Everyone got up to leave, and I was so happy. I was in the character pool! ..then she called me to stay.

    I had no idea what this could possibly be for because my head was just spinning, I even considered I was going to be asked to audition for puppeteer cause I had heard that was a possibility..

    but then I got to meet a new friend...... a friend that is face.

    SOOOOO moral of this (longer than I meant) story,

    DO NOT EVER GIVE UP!!!!! EVER! You never know which audition could be yours. It could take you 4 years like me.

    Love you all, you're all beautiful.
    Dream a dream, a fantastical wish.

  6. #6741

    • Tink
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    137

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    How inspiring!!
    thank you for sharing!<3
    when i went to wdw in may, ariel was actually who encouraged me. So if i ever make it and meet ariel- it looks like i have her to thank for the encouraging. You encouraged and ariel at disney encouraged me!
    She was completely incharacter telling me in beautiful and need to be a princess and i look like her sisters.. It was so amazing i didnt even know what to do.

    Anyway. Thank you for sharing! And congrats!

  7. #6742

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    103

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    i could see flynn for sure!

  8. #6743

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Under the sea.
    Posts
    84

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Ariel actually wasn't the friend I made, I'm only 5'2.. The friend I got to meet loves to tell stories and hang out with a certain lost boy.

    But I do love Ariel!

    But yes everyone just try as often as you can. Confidence really is key.

  9. #6744

    • Tink
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    137

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Haha well you still are to thank with your user! Aweee thats who i am hoping to befriend!
    Im 5'2" as well. So im hoping to make friends with Alice, Wendy, a few pixie friends maybe! And i dont care how silly- i loveeee minnie mouse! Haha

  10. #6745

    • ^_~.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where on Earth am I now?!
    Posts
    115

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Wow, LittleMissAriel, that's truly amazing! Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story, and for giving us all hope!

  11. #6746

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Surrounded by enormous piles of money
    Posts
    16

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTinkTX View Post
    Is anyone thinking on going to the auditions in Florida on the 17 for Tokyo?
    I want to go but can only afford a ticket of course. I wish they had online auditions for it or any Texas. I'm curious if anyone cause I'd love to hear how it went.

    Alice in Wonderland let me know how Saturday goes. break a leg!
    I'm gonna be in Orlando during that weekend and that's one of the auditions I'll be hitting! I'm honestly not even sure about staying in Tokyo for a whole year but nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'll keep you posted!

    And congrats LittleMissAriel, that's awesome!

  12. #6747

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    37

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissAriel View Post
    Hi guys!!

    I haven't posted in this for literally years, but I have a happy ending/encouraging story to share!

    I started replying to this humongous post when I first realized that becoming a face character was a real job that anyone could try for. I was probably 15-16 years old. (I'm now 20) I started going to auditions for WDW when I was freshly 16 years of age. I went to all kinds of auditions, face only, princess only, character performers, college program auditions, Star Wars Weekends auditions, Tokyo Disneyland auditions.. all kinds, and NEVER got looked at twice and never even made it past the first cut at any of them. After 6 auditions with NO result, I was beginning to get discouraged and had accepted the fact that I just don't have a face character face. I then decided to keep auditioning, because I am so passionate about Disney Entertainment that I would be BEYOND thrilled (I keep using all caps words lol) to even be a fur character or even a character attendant.

    On May 16th there was a fur character audition. When I woke up in the morning, I didn't even want to go. I just wasn't feeling it, and I ended up being so rushed to get ready that I left with wet hair. At the audition there were around 200 people, and we did a short movement routine (parade march dance of sorts) like usual. I sat down with my friends after everyone had danced, and they started to call numbers to stay for the next round. They started with a number higher than mine, meaning no one in my section of numbers had been kept. Honestly, I wasn't surprised, or even disappointed after experiencing this so much. Then, she started calling lower numbers.. and called mine. I immediately burst into tears, my best friend was hugging me before telling me she'd be waiting and then leaving.. I was beside myself.

    I can't describe too much detail of the rest, but the next round was animating, and after the group was done, she gave the whole "congrats, you are all in the fur character pool, you will be contacted if anything opens up" and thanked us for our time. Everyone got up to leave, and I was so happy. I was in the character pool! ..then she called me to stay.

    I had no idea what this could possibly be for because my head was just spinning, I even considered I was going to be asked to audition for puppeteer cause I had heard that was a possibility..

    but then I got to meet a new friend...... a friend that is face.

    SOOOOO moral of this (longer than I meant) story,

    DO NOT EVER GIVE UP!!!!! EVER! You never know which audition could be yours. It could take you 4 years like me.

    Love you all, you're all beautiful.

    Congrats!! That is so amazing and inspiring! I've been to 5 auditions for Disney Cruise Line so far and though I've been told I'm "on file" I was starting to think it won't happen.

    Thanks for sharing your story and I'm so glad you are living your dream!!

  13. #6748

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    117

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by alessa View Post
    i could see flynn for sure!
    Thanks! That's the character that I would probably audition for first!

    When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" .
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Mathew 19:25-26

  14. #6749

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Surrounded by enormous piles of money
    Posts
    16

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    On the subject of Tokyo auditions, has anyone ever been to one of those? What are they like?

    I just went to my first audition yesterday (Face audition for WDW) and I ended up getting cut at the first round. Definitely gonna keep trying at that, but how different are Tokyo auditions?

    I suppose it would be appropriate for me to post a picture of myself now:

    Name:  smexy me2.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  61.5 KB

    Who would you guys say I look like? I get Flynn Rider and Aladdin a lot.

    Oh and go for it, Vanitas!
    Last edited by KingdomKey; 08-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.

  15. #6750

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    117

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by KingdomKey View Post
    On the subject of Tokyo auditions, has anyone ever been to one of those? What are they like?

    I just went to my first audition yesterday (Face audition for WDW) and I ended up getting cut at the first round. Definitely gonna keep trying at that, but how different are Tokyo auditions?

    I suppose it would be appropriate for me to post a picture of myself now:

    Name:  smexy me2.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  61.5 KB

    Who would you guys say I look like? I get Flynn Rider and Aladdin a lot.

    Oh and go for it, Vanitas!
    I could totally see Flynn and Aladdin as well man!

    When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" .
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Mathew 19:25-26


Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?
    By lauranelson27 in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 03:48 AM
  2. Face Character auditions...AGAIN!
    By Raiderette4gnr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:08 AM
  3. face character auditions!
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By Rocker in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
  5. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By broadwaybaby615 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •