Page 451 of 540 FirstFirst ... 351401426441448449450451452453454461476501 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 8086

• Tink

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I could even see Prince Naveen!
    good luck!
    im not sure how different Tokyo is but i mean they need people willing to live in tokyo. Im sure they are very open minded.

Also you should try for fur characters too and you could work towards a face character.

I haven't been to a Tokyo audition but I attended a Hong Kong audition and would imagine they would be similar- it involved all of us (around 150 girls, it was a female only audition) learning a dance that was definitely not easy (but I also have never danced before) that included a Wendy/Alice type section at the beginning, lots of waving and arms, then a princess section with spins and curtsies, etc. About 7-10 girls were kept for whatever happened next, after the casting director gave us a speech on how our dancing was not up to the Hong Kong level and we should take beginner dance classes. Eek. She wasn't necessarily mean about it but it was strange to actually get (group) feedback for once. So hopefully Tokyo auditions aren't as rigorous as far as movement ability.. 
    Dream a dream, a fantastical wish.

Funny you should mention Naveen, I actually had someone tell me I could be him yesterday. Guess I never really thought about it since I didn't think my skin was dark enough but that'd be cool too! Thanks for the feedback.

I've been meaning to try for fur characters as well; are those their own auditions? I haven't see any come up on the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomKey View Post
    On the subject of Tokyo auditions, has anyone ever been to one of those? What are they like?

I just went to my first audition yesterday (Face audition for WDW) and I ended up getting cut at the first round. Definitely gonna keep trying at that, but how different are Tokyo auditions?

I suppose it would be appropriate for me to post a picture of myself now:

Attachment 31379

Who would you guys say I look like? I get Flynn Rider and Aladdin a lot.

Oh and go for it, Vanitas!
    I've been to Tokyo auditions. They really aren't like what I've seen described for US auditions. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Disney posted new auditions to be Face characters from Frozen today!

Ladies only of course, and it's for Disney World. Both auditions are happening at 9 AM and 7 PM on Saturday, August 18. Figured this would be relevant to many of your interests. Go for it!

• Sock Puppet

We can bring our purses in when we audition, right? or are we not supposed to idk hahah. that sounds really stupid...

• Tink

Lol i would think its ok. Because you could probably bring a dance bag if you decide to change shoes or stuff your jacket in, etc. plus some people use a bag to stuff their resume and headshots in. At least a wallet cause you have to have your ID. My wallet holds my phone too. And of course being a girl, i would have my bag to stuff cosmetics in for a quick touch up Xp haha

• Sock Puppet

Thank youu! <3

Plenty of people brought purses and such to the audition I went to on Thursday. I brought a bag with my resume and some extra clothes in case I needed to change into suitable dancing attire; we just put all of them off to the side of the room while we danced.

• Sock Puppet

Cool thanks

CPs are not eligible for the Frozen auditions. It is so depressing.

Hey! I just made an account but I have been following micechat for quite a while... not to be creepy. I'm only 16 but it has always been my dream to be a princess! Since I don't live near a park I can't audition until I'm 18 but I want to start preparing now.

I know this message is long but I'm 5'5 and a size 6 (in jeans, I don't know how that converts to dress sizes!) Any ideas as who I should aim to audition for? Any advice on what I can do now to prepare?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessK View Post
    Hey! I just made an account but I have been following micechat for quite a while... not to be creepy. I'm only 16 but it has always been my dream to be a princess! Since I don't live near a park I can't audition until I'm 18 but I want to start preparing now.

I know this message is long but I'm 5'5 and a size 6 (in jeans, I don't know how that converts to dress sizes!) Any ideas as who I should aim to audition for? Any advice on what I can do now to prepare?
    Your Princess height but don't aim to audition for anyone, when you're old enough just go to an audition and give it your best shot without any particular character in mind.

I think you'd fit any Princess being 5'5

Ssamm is right! They want people with versatile faces!

The nice thing about Disney Auditions is that you can't prepare for them, so there is no need to try and prepare too hard for them, Maybe a dance class would help with your movement routine audition, which is always done at the auditions, but nonetheless, don't worry too much.

Thank you ssaamm and justonce94! Another thing I'm worried about, though, is my weight. I know everyone says "you have to look healthy and you have to fit the dress" but I've also heard dress sizes run small and only go up to size 8 for shorter girls! I, frankly, would do ANYTHING to fit but do I have to? Am I too big? Honesty doesn't scare me.