Page 452 of 534 FirstFirst ... 352402427442449450451452453454455462477502 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 8000

• Minion

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessK View Post
    Thank you ssaamm and justonce94! Another thing I'm worried about, though, is my weight. I know everyone says "you have to look healthy and you have to fit the dress" but I've also heard dress sizes run small and only go up to size 8 for shorter girls! I, frankly, would do ANYTHING to fit but do I have to? Am I too big? Honesty doesn't scare me.
    I'm a boy and really have no clue whatsoever about dress sizes haha, as long as your're height/weight proportionate I wouldn't worry

oops! I should probably pay attention to everyone's gender....without profile pics I haven't got a clue! Thanks for the advice though

It is best, however, to be fit. If there is anything you can do beforehand, it is to workout.

I have a friend who looks exactly like Jasmine, but she got Pocahontas instead at first because of her weight, they told her to drop off a few pounds. She ended up getting Jasmine after she lost soem weight.

Although I don't know about dress sizes, it still best to be healthy and fit. I have, however, seen many big Tinkerbells and even slightly big Snow Whites!

So, go in your audition when you are older and do not worry. Sometimes, they may want a skinny Girl to walk through that door, but another day they may want somebody else. Their needs are forever changing and never stay the same, so the key is to just keep going no matter what happens.

i want to audition for the frozen characters so bad! i think i resemble anna quite well. but i will have to wait till they bring her into disneyland!

Alessa did you go to the audition today at Disneyland?!

• Tink

PrincessK, the dresses do run small & my best advice is to get into a dance class, stay in shape. Curves are great but you never know who you maybe casted as and some costumes are more forgiving then others. So best to be in the best shape in a healthy manor! (: a theater class is also what i recommend because you need to learn improve and to be silly

I agree with ThinkTink, taking improv classes would be a massive help. You'd have to be acting on your toes a lot as a face character so the more training and experience you get with that, the better.

So wait, quick question.... There's dancing? What if I wanted to be a non-dancing character, just someone who was there to take pictures with?

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

Yes, there is dancing. All characterp performers who are as atmosphere characters or face characters are occasionally used in parades as well, so you do need to know how to dance. All auditions have a round of movement regardless of the audition.

At face character auditions, they sometimes start with a movement routine. Some people, however, do not know how to dance and will still get through because their look is just perfect. But at look-alike auditions, the way that you dance plays a huge part on if you can be a character because they want you to be very graceful, poised, and Disney-ish.

Just be prepared for it.

Hope that helps. Have a great day.

i did go! but i got cut in the first round for face character which slightly confuses me since i made it so far before :\ so i rushed over to the fuzzy audition and made it to the third round (the round right before hiring) before getting cut. but hey, i wont let it discourage me! it just wasn't my time

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTinkTX View Post
    PrincessK, the dresses do run small & my best advice is to get into a dance class, stay in shape. Curves are great but you never know who you maybe casted as and some costumes are more forgiving then others. So best to be in the best shape in a healthy manor! (: a theater class is also what i recommend because you need to learn improve and to be silly
    I saw a video by an ex-princess, and she says that costumes are true to size and don't run small. As a Jasmine, it was pant size 4-8 if I recall correctly. She was there quite some time ago, but I don't see why they'd change the sizing.
    It never hurts to smile!

I have been to a face character audition where we didn't dance at all through any of the rounds and the one i went to yesterday didn't involve dancing from what i heard. it seems that they don't have you dance at the disneyland auditions unless you were to be in a parade. At disneyworld they do have you learn a dance because there you dual as a face and a fuzzy character.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by alessa View Post
    I have been to a face character audition where we didn't dance at all through any of the rounds and the one i went to yesterday didn't involve dancing from what i heard. it seems that they don't have you dance at the disneyland auditions unless you were to be in a parade. At disneyworld they do have you learn a dance because there you dual as a face and a fuzzy character.
    Yep, there is no dancing at Disneyland auditions, face characters aren't automatically parade performers at Disneyland.

I went to the auditions yesterday and was fortunate enough to be selected from the first round. However, something happened that I never heard of. We filled out our mini applications, had our photos taken, and then were sent home - only a few from our group received scripts! It was odd and I've never heard of it happening before.

In my first face character audition this past february, i had also made it past the first round! Half the girls that were selected to advance were only given the availability sheet and got their pictures taken, and the rest of us got scripts. the only reason you got sent home is because they saw you as a character they weren't hiring for yesterday, so they want your info and picture for further references! and they keep that info for 6 months, so who knows you could get a call