Page 455 of 531 FirstFirst ... 355405430445452453454455456457458465480505 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 7955

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

For the college program, you have to audition to become friends with the characters a large majority of those who audition through the program will either be a dancer in one of the shows or parades, or a friend of a fuzzy. it's possible to get face, but rare.

Quote Originally Posted by alessa View Post
    For the college program, you have to audition to become friends with the characters a large majority of those who audition through the program will either be a dancer in one of the shows or parades, or a friend of a fuzzy. it's possible to get face, but rare.
    Ahhhh got it, thanks

One of my friends from the audition said they usually call about a week later. I have no idea what a callback would be like, they're probably sorting through our photos trying to decide who to call.

You can totally be Alice RealDisneyPrincess! It all depends on height. I heard though that Alice can be as tall as 5'3" and the princesses go that low too, so you can be both if they like you. But you can definitely be a face character. Best of luck to you!

• Tink

Quote Originally Posted by realdisneyprincess View Post
    Hey guys soooo I am very nervous about my Disney World face Character audition on the 29th of august. Does anyone mind telling me what princess or character i look like? Im very nervous any tips??? I was a pre professional ballerina for a very long time and i had to stop because of a surgery so I decided to follow my dream of being a princess
    Anything helps thanks
    josieannef's Library | Photobucket
    i could see alice or Wendy (: maybe Rosetta too.
    you have a rounder face still with high cheek bones but nice defined cheeks- giving you a youthful look. Tinkerbell has a round face too so perhaps her as well(:
    For your audition i suggest to have a resume- showing you have dance background!
    Have fun with the dance. Do not laugh at yourself. Be silly and outgoing. If you make a mistake, dont stop, just keep going and have a blast. They need outgoing people with a passion to make the characters that the children love, come to life!
    Best of luck to you! You're beautiful! Dont go in there with a character in mind though.
    Wear a solid print shirt (teal would look great with your eyes!) hair put of your face because they want to see your face. You'll be in a wig so show your face.
    Natural makeup- cover your blemishes, and natural eyeshadow. Maybe a nice natural type of false eyelashes to thicken and lengthen then a pretty blush to highlight those cheeks!
    As for lips, wear chapstick. keep those lips moisturized. You dont want much color, let them imagine. Makeup is like paint for the skin. They will paint you later if they want you but they need a blank canvas first. I hear character shoes can be a pain, so jazz or ballet would be best. Oh and if you know how to, fill in your eyebrows. The eyebrows is what sets your face eyebrows make a huge difference. They sisters- not twins, so make them defined with a nice shape and a little color in them (natural) to fill em up trust me.. Haha. I was a theater kid and always did hair, makeup, and wardrobe. And will enroll in cosmetology school. I used to work at a salon as a receptionist and most of my friends are makeup artists. (:
    i wish you the best of luck!
    oh- i could also see you as Cinderella, Merida, or Ariel!

ThinkTinkTX
    WOW thank you so much for that response!!! That really boosted up my confidence a whole bunch!!! Its amazing to get feedback from other people who arent your family and friends. I am getting more pictures taken for my headshots those are a little old so when they come up if you could check them out that would be awesome! Ill let you know! Also idk if you have any tips for the first station where you smile and they stare. Thats what im most worried about! Thanks so much!!!!!!

• Tink

Ya! I'd love to see more pictures and help how i can!

My best advice for that part is try not to make eye contact unless they want to look into your eyes. Really they are just examining you. Think of something really happy so they can see the light shine in your eyes and find something on the wall to stare at.
    Thats a good tip in general.
    Judges don't want you to judge them. So don't stare at them because it can come off a little agressive. Find somethig just right over their heads (a clock, perhaps the center judges forehead, a poster, a hole in the wall, etc.) some where that is like your almost looking at them but its comfortable.

Especially for the smiling stare round because you dont want to plaster on a creepy clown smile at them lol. For this, think of something cheerful. Remember that they are happy you showed up. Without auditioners, there would be no audition and therefor no staff. So they are thankful for your time & courage to show up

Thats my best advice! find something other then them to stare at, and have happy thoughts! Dont worry about whether they want you or not. They are appreciative that you came and if they like your energy, they'll want to find a place for you!

Actually, it is best to give eye contact. While it is bad to stare, casting directors and regular people whom you talk to enjoy talking with eye contact. If it is going to be a typeout audition, try to look them in the eye with a relaxed and big smile, but avoid staring. Giving off eye contact showcases your confidence. If you are going to be doing the parade march dance to It's A Small World, try to give off eye contact there as well. A very good friend of mine who was just hired says this is very important to do regardless of the audition!

You are very beautiful by the way! She was right, I do see some part of Cindy in you! (Cinderella; not Cindy from Scary Movie) haha!

Oh yeah, stand up straight with your head held high. Never look down. They judge your every movement from the moment you walk in. They are literally watching you once you step into that big audition room, so be sure to sit upright when waiting for you and your group to go into the next room.

In the end, have as much energy as you possibly can. Every single moment at the audition is an opportunity in itself, so give off a huge real natural smile every waking minute.

Usually at the auditions they will talk to you first. For example, if you go to an audition with less than 130 people, they will teach everybody the dance at the same time, and then maybe bring back 30 people in another room to do it in front of a casting director. Before they teach the dance, however, they will talk to you about what to expect from the audition and to continue going back if you don't get it.

At this point, smile. Try to smile at the casting director. Everybody else usually just stares at her in a weird way as they listen, so be different and smile at him or her. It will get their attention because they like it when you are having fun.

Even though it's pretty intimidating at first, just remember that they're moving things along to respect your time. This is your moment! If the casting director is walking down the row to speak to each of you, wait until they're right in front of you before you introduce yourself or answer their questions. You have about ten or so seconds (depending on what you're asked to do in the line up) to make a great impression. Be confident, be kind, find a comfortable way to stand (I did feet almost shoulder width apart, hands collected in front of me). Eye contact is key! They'll expect you to make eye contact with guests in the park if you're ultimately chosen! Keep your expression friendly and relaxed, but maintain enthusiasm. Make sure you say your name clearly and not too fast. When the casting director moves on to the next person, keep your smile up and keep your eyes on them. When they're deliberating at the front of the room after examining your row, keep smiling at them! I knew I'd done well at this point because the casting director looked back at me, we made eye contact, and they returned my smile.

Try to have fun with it!!! They're on your time. Make the most of it!

• Tink

Well as a theater junkie who did a ton of auditions since i was 8, eye contact is avoided during the actual audition. When being spoken to or directed is different. But during your dance or performance, it is best not to stare at a judge. The judges have a lot of people to look at and you want to be confident. But staring at judges has never shown to be the best especially when they are doing a judge to stare at you, usually it makes you nervous.

But yes, every minute in there is a minute to showcase yourself and show them why you need to work at disney. Be confident, never look down, give eye contact when needed but dont stare. Like i said, its good to find something above the judges head or at their forehead. It looks like eye contact but its much more comfortable because you arent staring them down or anything and you wont get as nervous if you mess up cause your not looking at them exactly.

Over all, enjoy yourself! All this advice from above is good but the best advice is to follow through with what makes YOU comfortable. Everyone is different.
    Last edited by ThinkTinkTX; 08-09-2013 at 09:26 AM.

• Tink

Last edited by ThinkTinkTX; 08-09-2013 at 09:27 AM.

• Tink

Quote Originally Posted by princesscate View Post
    Even though it's pretty intimidating at first, just remember that they're moving things along to respect your time. This is your moment! If the casting director is walking down the row to speak to each of you, wait until they're right in front of you before you introduce yourself or answer their questions. You have about ten or so seconds (depending on what you're asked to do in the line up) to make a great impression. Be confident, be kind, find a comfortable way to stand (I did feet almost shoulder width apart, hands collected in front of me). Eye contact is key! They'll expect you to make eye contact with guests in the park if you're ultimately chosen! Keep your expression friendly and relaxed, but maintain enthusiasm. Make sure you say your name clearly and not too fast. When the casting director moves on to the next person, keep your smile up and keep your eyes on them. When they're deliberating at the front of the room after examining your row, keep smiling at them! I knew I'd done well at this point because the casting director looked back at me, we made eye contact, and they returned my smile.

Try to have fun with it!!! They're on your time. Make the most of it!

btw- congrats on the returned smile! Thats awesome! Good luck!

That is very correct. Try to find what is comfortable for you. However, as the casting directors themselves at Disney have put it, Disney Auditions are not like TV and movie auditions or theatre auditions. A Disney Audition is definitely competitive, but they say it themselves that it is the EASIEST AUDITION you will ever go to. They don't try to intimidate people at all. They are very encouraging to those who audition.

Casting directors are not judges and are never rude or intimidating the same way theatre auditions can be. Auditions for serious acting like in movies or theatre are always very difficult. At Disney, they encourage people who don't make it to come back several weeks or months later. That are easy to talk to and are only trying to get their job done.

In the end, we shouldn't be comparing Disney Auditions with a theatre or acting audition because they are completely different. I'm not trying to fight or anything It's just that some people go into auditions for Disney thinking that the casting directors will say they're fat or ugly, or they don't know whether to look at the casting director or not.

Trust me, eye contact is good. Staring at the casting director is completely different than having a smile on your face and making eye contact.

Hope I helped in some way. For everybody auditioning, do not go into a Disney audition scared. It's normal to feel nervous, but it is the EASIEST audition you will ever go to.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTinkTX View Post
    btw- congrats on the returned smile! Thats awesome! Good luck!
    Thank you so much! Fingers crossed for a callback!!!