Page 456 of 547 FirstFirst ... 356406431446453454455456457458459466481506 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 8204

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by princesscate View Post
    Thank you so much! Fingers crossed for a callback!!!
    It feels so good when they look at you and smile back. When they took my picture at my third audition, it was nice to sort of see them out of their casting element and just talk with all the auditioners. It's shocking to know that they are just people to!

• Tink

As i said, find your comfort level (: everyone auditions in different ways. No one should say what is right or wrong. So find your comfort level and shine at your audition love! Cant wait to hear about how your audition goes!

Listen to me. Listen to another. Trust whosever advice you wish (:
    i wish the best of luck to anyone who auditions. Every
    audition (be it disney, stage, film, dance, etc.) are different. Ive been to many different auditions and none are alike. (:
    How you choose to audition and enjoy yourself is up to you!

let us know if you get a call back princesscate!
    you have such a great face for rapunzel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTinkTX View Post
    let us know if you get a call back princesscate!
    you have such a great face for rapunzel!!!
    I will definitely let you know! And thank you!!! That means a lot. It would be so much fun to be friends with Rapunzel, she's precious.

As someone who has had a couple successful auditions and was hired after one, definitely look at the casting directors and smile at them! Disney auditions are different. If you're smiling at a space behind them or whatever, that will definitely put them off and will draw attention to yourself in a bad way (especially with Kent and Soroya in WDW). They want you to look them in the eye and smile back at them.

• Tink

Thanks for feed back. Wish more Disney CMs were around to do so!

Huh, I was always told that looking people in the eyes during auditions freaks them out and hurts your chances. So it's different with Disney...Wish I'd have known that for my first audition; I didn't look at them at all during the line

• Tink

Haha for me its always been during a line reading or dance, etc.- you want to look at the forehead or above their heads. It isn't for them really but for you. It looks like your giving them eye contact but doesnt feel awkward. So ya.. But when you walk in, or spoken to, etc. you wanna look at them and hope they catch your eye. I have my way doing things and everyone is different (:

so ya! I like reading the blogs to hear different peoples thoughts (:

Thanks so much everyone for the suggestions and the positive feedback!!! I am sooo nervous but hopefully it goes well. Ive been dreaming about being a disney face character for as long as I can remember!! Oh and for my pictures what should i wear to make myself look good???Like my headshots! You guys are awesome (:

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTinkTX View Post
    Haha for me its always been during a line reading or dance, etc.- you want to look at the forehead or above their heads. It isn't for them really but for you. It looks like your giving them eye contact but doesnt feel awkward. So ya.. But when you walk in, or spoken to, etc. you wanna look at them and hope they catch your eye. I have my way doing things and everyone is different (:

so ya! I like reading the blogs to hear different peoples thoughts (:
    Yeah, me too! It's always nice to see how different people have had their auditions go! There are several people on YouTube who talk about their actual life as a character performer, so those are always interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomKey View Post
    Huh, I was always told that looking people in the eyes during auditions freaks them out and hurts your chances. So it's different with Disney...Wish I'd have known that for my first audition; I didn't look at them at all during the line
    No worries. At my first audition, I was the last one to sign up because I couldn't find the audition. My head was down as the 100 auditioners sitting down just stared at me as I walked in. Haha! It's easy to get nervous, but once you get used to it, it sort of gets easier. Now, it's fun to sometimes even have a very short conversation with them while I sign in! Everybody you see at the auditions are usually like super-friendly. Some auditioners in line may think of it as a competition, but there are still some good people to meet in line.

• Sock Puppet

IMHO, no one is "born to be a friend of a Disney character"

Well ....

almost no one:

My Little Merida by MSmathmom, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by realdisneyprincess View Post
    Thanks so much everyone for the suggestions and the positive feedback!!! I am sooo nervous but hopefully it goes well. Ive been dreaming about being a disney face character for as long as I can remember!! Oh and for my pictures what should i wear to make myself look good???Like my headshots! You guys are awesome (:
    Anything that makes you comfortable. I never brought a resume and a headshot (I usually keep on forgetting. Haha), so I'm not so sure! But definitely wear something that makes you look good. Maybe just a t-shirt would be good enough!

When are you auditioning again? Is it this August 29th here in Orlando?!

Quote Originally Posted by socalfun View Post
    IMHO, no one is "born to be a friend of a Disney character"

Well ....

almost no one:

My Little Merida by MSmathmom, on Flickr
    That is too cute!

I guess some girls are meant to be friends with a character!

• Tink

Soooooooo cute!!!!!! Hehe

as for picture... Hmmm... Wear a solid color. No prints due to the distraction. Tank or v-neck is my best suggestion. Do a shot from the waist up is my suggestion only because for the online auditions they asked for that so they could see your figure... Hm...

Colored head shots is the way to go. Not B&W. i think due to your eyes go with a color like blue-green ranges (:

Yes it is!!!!!!! The 29th justonce94