Page 459 of 541 FirstFirst ... 359409434449456457458459460461462469484509 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 8103

• Under that tree again!

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by sydthefairebrat View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked/answered..does anyone know why Orlando hold auditions every Thursday, but Anaheim does not? I feel like I read about it somewhere, but can't remember where.
    Welcome to MiceChat.

WDW has a lot more roles to fill. Also it may have to do with unions.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiaz02 View Post
    Do you guys know the odds of being pulled for face at a character performer audition at Disneyland in California?
    They usually hire around 15-20 people each time they have an audition (but those numbers depend of not only the time of year, but what exactly they are hiring for..sometimes they are only looking for one or two certain characters and they won't specify that). So far this year they have only had 2 face character auditions for Disneyland. I'm guessing they'll have one, maybe two more. An average of 300-400 people usually show up to a face character audition!

depend on*

Thank you Alessa what I didn't mention though is that te audition is for fur characters, but I heard that there is a possibility for being pulled for face. Do you know if this is true? And if so what are the odds of that happening?

• Tink

Thank you Alessa what I didn't mention though is that te audition is for fur characters, but I heard that there is a possibility for being pulled for face. Do you know if this is true? And if so what are the odds of that happening?
    There was a person who had auditioned at face character auditions quite a few times and was never pulled. She attended a fur audition and was actually pulled to the side and offered a position in face character. So anything really is possible! I'm not sure how often this has happened but I can certainly name one person who this has happened to. So I don't think you should rule it out as a possibility If I were you, you should treat it kinda like a face audition and hope for the best You may have the features that they are looking for!

• Tink

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissAriel View Post
    Hi guys!!

I haven't posted in this for literally years, but I have a happy ending/encouraging story to share!

I started replying to this humongous post when I first realized that becoming a face character was a real job that anyone could try for. I was probably 15-16 years old. (I'm now 20) I started going to auditions for WDW when I was freshly 16 years of age. I went to all kinds of auditions, face only, princess only, character performers, college program auditions, Star Wars Weekends auditions, Tokyo Disneyland auditions.. all kinds, and NEVER got looked at twice and never even made it past the first cut at any of them. After 6 auditions with NO result, I was beginning to get discouraged and had accepted the fact that I just don't have a face character face. I then decided to keep auditioning, because I am so passionate about Disney Entertainment that I would be BEYOND thrilled (I keep using all caps words lol) to even be a fur character or even a character attendant.

On May 16th there was a fur character audition. When I woke up in the morning, I didn't even want to go. I just wasn't feeling it, and I ended up being so rushed to get ready that I left with wet hair. At the audition there were around 200 people, and we did a short movement routine (parade march dance of sorts) like usual. I sat down with my friends after everyone had danced, and they started to call numbers to stay for the next round. They started with a number higher than mine, meaning no one in my section of numbers had been kept. Honestly, I wasn't surprised, or even disappointed after experiencing this so much. Then, she started calling lower numbers.. and called mine. I immediately burst into tears, my best friend was hugging me before telling me she'd be waiting and then leaving.. I was beside myself.

I can't describe too much detail of the rest, but the next round was animating, and after the group was done, she gave the whole "congrats, you are all in the fur character pool, you will be contacted if anything opens up" and thanked us for our time. Everyone got up to leave, and I was so happy. I was in the character pool! ..then she called me to stay.

I had no idea what this could possibly be for because my head was just spinning, I even considered I was going to be asked to audition for puppeteer cause I had heard that was a possibility..

but then I got to meet a new friend...... a friend that is face.

SOOOOO moral of this (longer than I meant) story,

DO NOT EVER GIVE UP!!!!! EVER! You never know which audition could be yours. It could take you 4 years like me.

Love you all, you're all beautiful.

Here is the story I was trying to recall by a user on this site! She auditioned a few times xoxo Good luck to people on their future auditions.
    Anyone recently auditioned? How'd it go!?

I'm thinking about going to the character performer audition for Disneyland on the 8th! Is anyone else going?

Last edited by MakeItBlue0312; 05-05-2014 at 05:31 PM.

oh yeah, no worries! i do not know the odds of getting pulled for face at a fur character audition but i do know it's very rare. Possible, but rare. They also a lot of the time pull for character attendants at fur auditions, which is a great way to get your foot in the door

Hey guys how do you find the virtual auditions?????????????????

• ^_~.

Quote Originally Posted by princesscate View Post
    I'm thinking about going to the character performer audition for Disneyland on the 8th! Is anyone else going?
    I'm planning to go! Maybe I'll see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by realdisneyprincess View Post
    Hey guys how do you find the virtual auditions?????????????????
    Unfortunately, the virtual auditions for WDW are closed now. The only virtual auditions going on at the moment are for dancers for the Disney Cruise Line. But keep checking disneyauditions . com. New auditions are posted all the time, and when virtual auditions come up, the listing will say "electronic submissions."
    Hope that helps!

• Tink

Yes virtual auditions were posted on the disney audition website just how you'd find other auditions

Yes!!! From personal experience, it is certainly possible to get pulled and fitted for face at a fur audition! Out of about 200 people only 4 of us got fitted for face, but it is still a definite possibility!

Hello, hello Micechat!

I briefly had an account on here last year, in which I posted in this thread once or twice -- but, alas, that password is gone, so...here I am! Nice to meet fellow Disney fans and face character enthusiasts. c:

I'm going to be a little bit annoying and ask if my face has any possibility at all of suiting any of the princesses. I know you guys can't tell me anything for certain, as you are not Disney casting agents, but, hey, motivation is awesome! Honesty is also awesome, I promise I can take it. I'm currently sixteen and my features will probably shift a little before I'm able to audition (probably not until I'm at least eighteen or nineteen), but, hey. I'm 5'5", blue eyes and very fair skin, if the pictures make it a little hard to tell. I apologize in advance for the no makeup and Eeyore pajamas, as I'm taking these pictures right now.

Also, final, hopefully unanswered question: is it extremely unlikely to be hired as a face character as a summer job-type situation? Does it vary from park to park? Thank you all so much!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have a random question! For the character performer audition on the 8th, it specifically says dance shoes or tennis shoes need to be worn. I don't have either, but I do have regular athletic shoes, though they aren't solid white. Should I go out and buy new shoes or just wear what I have? Any insight would be appreciated!