Page 460 of 536 FirstFirst ... 360410435450457458459460461462463470485510 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 8038

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

princesscate: I think your regular athletic shoes should be fine as long as you feel you can easily move in them. Try doing a little turn on one foot and see if you can turn without too much trouble and I think you'll be fine. I've only done DCL auditions but people there had regular running shoes and seemed to be good. Break a Leg!!

• ^_~.

I've been to a couple of character auditions for DLR, and I've seen a lot of people wearing athletic shoes. Color doesn't seem to matter, so I think you'll be okay. Good luck!
    Last edited by ChaseTheDream; 02-15-2014 at 02:29 PM.

do you have anything like toms that are easy to move in? i wore jazz shoes, but basically anything you can move and maybe even turn in will work. Work out shoes work too! I've been to the dance studio where they're having that audition and the floors are kind of uneven too

Thanks you guys! Such a big help, I really appreciate it. One more quick question! Is the dancing/movement portion of the CP audition challenging? I'm not exactly a dancer haha. I'm a little nervous about that part.

I'm hoping to make it on the 8th, but we'll see!

Also, thank you, swampymarsh, for the welcome and for your answer!

Disneygoddess, you're definitely princess height. To me you could pass as Snow, Ariel, and Merida.

• ^_~.

Just returned from the character audition, and I have mixed emotions about the experience.
    Firstly, I made it past round one for the first time ever! Yay! I was so happy!
    So I got to fill out an info sheet and got measured. Then after waiting for an hour or so, a person calls a group of us to come with him, and he told us that for whatever reason, based on the info we filled out, we weren't able to move on to the next round.
    So the whole time I was so excited and anxious for the next round, and I didn't get to continue. I had no idea you could be cut based on paperwork alone! And now I'm kicking myself because I mentioned in my otherwise completely open availability that I'd been planning a weekend trip at the beginning of November, but that I could change it if need be. In hindsight I shouldn't have even mentioned it, because while I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time, a job at Disney would be more than worth missing it for! I just wanted everything out on the table, you know? I thought it would be okay since I literally have no life at the moment and my schedule is otherwise completely clear. Or maybe I'm over-thinking. Maybe they just weren't looking for short people today or something.

So my feelings are somewhat jumbled. On the one hand, I'm thrilled that I finally made it past the first round, and it gives me hope for future auditions. On the other hand, I'm kind of freaked out because it took me so long to finally get past round one, and I'm worried that it will never happen again, and that I've completely blown it somehow.
    Ah, well, I guess I'll just go into the next audition with more determination than ever!

Congratulations on making it past the first round, ChaseTheDream!!! I was there today, too, but I got cut ): It was a good experience overall and I'll be on the look out for more look a like auditions where I think I'm more comfortable.

Don't get discouraged, though! Keep trying (:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseTheDream View Post
    Just returned from the character audition, and I have mixed emotions about the experience.
    Firstly, I made it past round one for the first time ever! Yay! I was so happy!
    So I got to fill out an info sheet and got measured. Then after waiting for an hour or so, a person calls a group of us to come with him, and he told us that for whatever reason, based on the info we filled out, we weren't able to move on to the next round.
    So the whole time I was so excited and anxious for the next round, and I didn't get to continue. I had no idea you could be cut based on paperwork alone! And now I'm kicking myself because I mentioned in my otherwise completely open availability that I'd been planning a weekend trip at the beginning of November, but that I could change it if need be. In hindsight I shouldn't have even mentioned it, because while I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time, a job at Disney would be more than worth missing it for! I just wanted everything out on the table, you know? I thought it would be okay since I literally have no life at the moment and my schedule is otherwise completely clear. Or maybe I'm over-thinking. Maybe they just weren't looking for short people today or something.

So my feelings are somewhat jumbled. On the one hand, I'm thrilled that I finally made it past the first round, and it gives me hope for future auditions. On the other hand, I'm kind of freaked out because it took me so long to finally get past round one, and I'm worried that it will never happen again, and that I've completely blown it somehow.
    Ah, well, I guess I'll just go into the next audition with more determination than ever!
    The same exact thing happened to me. I made it past the first round and was really excited! but I got cut because of either availability, or height. I wish I could know which one it was because it would have made me worry less. either way, I am very excited they saw me as potential. You will continue to do well in your auditions! I start to doubt myself like that too but just remember, if you did something right the first time, chances are you'll do it again. Just do it BIG! Do you know if they keep your info even though you get cut?

I'm going to a face character audition in a week and a half and am super excited. I get told a lot I would make a fantastic Snow White and Rapunzel, and that I look a lot like the new princess Anna from Frozen. I am very nervous and anxious because I am worried I am too over weight, I developed anemia almost a year ago and was never diagnosed so I had to quit dance and all my sports because I didn't have energy. Long story short, I am all good and no longer anemic at all but the months of no dance or anything, I gained some weight. Before I was usually an 8 but I am barely not a 10 by 1 1/2 - 2 inches and I'm terrified that it will stop me from living a dream and being a princess:/ I' have been working off trying to get back to my shape but I'm afraid I will not by the audition next week. I've seen some princesses that look my size but I've read they only go to 10 and my nerves are everywhere.

Can anyone help me and tell me if it is a size 10 and if they might find a way to work around it if they like you enough? Thanks!

• ^_~.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiaz02 View Post
    The same exact thing happened to me. I made it past the first round and was really excited! but I got cut because of either availability, or height. I wish I could know which one it was because it would have made me worry less. either way, I am very excited they saw me as potential. You will continue to do well in your auditions! I start to doubt myself like that too but just remember, if you did something right the first time, chances are you'll do it again. Just do it BIG! Do you know if they keep your info even though you get cut?
    Thanks for the encouragement! We'll get it next time, right?
    And I didn't even think to ask if they keep your info! He didn't say they did, but I thought they kept the info at the face character audition (I didn't make it that far, so I don't know for sure), so maybe they do. Does anyone else know?

ChaseTheDream, I was in that group, too! At the beginning I was just like, "Crap. I am not going to make it through this acting thing. This is not like what I had read about." Haha but then when he put me to that side of the room, I was excited and suddenly my nerves were gone and then when they called out the numbers to go to the other room I was like, "Sweet! We get to learn the dance now!" And then we got cut. |: hahaha it was a really fun experience though, and my friend told me that my getting through the first round was "amazing." So that was cool. Lol guess we'll see each other next time? (;

I was sad, though, cuz I had started to make a friend right before they called my number. ):

What did everyone get measured at (if it was your first time, or if they gave you a different number than before)? I was 5' 1/2". I was not expecting that. Haha

Tianicolee, I don't know the answer to your question, but hopefully someone else will!

The only reason you guys got cut after the paper work is because of you height! they must have not been looking for character's in your height ranges! So don't feel down if you made it past the first round you guys have the acting ability! so try, try, and try again <3

That was one of my guesses. Another was that it could have been a schedule conflict. My only completely free days were Sat and Sun, and then MWF after 2 and TTh before 1 and after 4. Rehearsals are usually in the mornings, aren't they?

Last edited by KatelinDiane; 05-05-2014 at 05:34 PM.