Page 461 of 531 FirstFirst ... 361411436451458459460461462463464471486511 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 7951
  1. #6901

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South Bay, Ca
    Posts
    226

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Oh, poo. I thought 5' was one of the "rare" heights, but I guess that's the ones UNDER 5'.
    I was really disappointed when I got my measurement, because I thought *MAYBE* I would have a chance at getting Alice/Wendy at a face audition. But I'm too short! *SOB* hahaha oh well, there's always Tink.

    I just wish they would hold another face audition already! xD

  2. #6902

    • ^_~.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where on Earth am I now?!
    Posts
    93

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by sydthefairebrat View Post
    Oh, poo. I thought 5' was one of the "rare" heights, but I guess that's the ones UNDER 5'.
    I was really disappointed when I got my measurement, because I thought *MAYBE* I would have a chance at getting Alice/Wendy at a face audition. But I'm too short! *SOB* hahaha oh well, there's always Tink.

    I just wish they would hold another face audition already! xD
    Same here. I was measured at the same height as you, Syd (so apparently I'm shrinking O.O), and I thought being short was an advantage, because so many fur characters aren't tall. I didn't think you could be too short to be considered!
    I have a lot of fun at these character auditions, and I'm already anxiously awaiting the next one. (thought that may be awhile now), and hopefully next time they'll be looking for our height.

  3. #6903

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseTheDream View Post
    Same here. I was measured at the same height as you, Syd (so apparently I'm shrinking O.O), and I thought being short was an advantage, because so many fur characters aren't tall. I didn't think you could be too short to be considered!
    I have a lot of fun at these character auditions, and I'm already anxiously awaiting the next one. (thought that may be awhile now), and hopefully next time they'll be looking for our height.
    That's a really good height. It wasn't your height that had you not get chosen. It was most likely something like your availability. Altogether, if you have 1 face character, you'd have a total of 8 FULL days (8:30-5:30, with some variation) of training for fur and face. Having such limited availability might be a hindrance. But who knows, there could have been something else about your paperwork! But I can guarantee it's not your height, because that's a great height for MANY fur characters and Alice/Tink/Wendy/Peri. Or that could have been there nice way of saying they thought you had the look but another casting director disagreed.

  4. #6904

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    103

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by WishStar View Post
    That's a really good height. It wasn't your height that had you not get chosen. It was most likely something like your availability. Altogether, if you have 1 face character, you'd have a total of 8 FULL days (8:30-5:30, with some variation) of training for fur and face. Having such limited availability might be a hindrance. But who knows, there could have been something else about your paperwork! But I can guarantee it's not your height, because that's a great height for MANY fur characters and Alice/Tink/Wendy/Peri. Or that could have been there nice way of saying they thought you had the look but another casting director disagreed.
    They probably just were not looking for character in their height range. They could have only been looking for goofy's or plutos, etc. The last fur audition they had last month, i know they hired people in mouse height because i know someone who was hired. Fur auditions don't really have anything to do with looks to be honest! They generally don't pull for face, so even if you are a good height for a face character, chances are you would still have to attend a face character audition.

  5. #6905

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South Bay, Ca
    Posts
    226

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Yup, I agree with alessa. I did lots and lots of lurking before I made an account, and then lurked more before actually posting :P getting pulled for face is unlikely, but not impossible.
    But maybe WishStar was confused because the thread is titled "Disney Face Character Auditions" yet we are talking about fur auditions.

    So on the topic of face! Does anyone know if they hire people that are several shades darker than a character's skin color? Like, would they just give them a shade of makeup to cover it? Would they rather save the nine bucks and just not hire them at all? Speaking of makeup, are face characters supplied with makeup (I always assumed they wore stage makeup with translucent powder and all that) or do they have to bring/buy their own?

    I'm usually pretty pale, but have an olive undertone and got a slight tan from not wearing sunblock over the summer. So I'm wondering if they have a face audition any time soon, and it's not gone, if it would have a negative impact on my chances. (Not saying my chances are already high or anything like that, I just don't want to add to the mix)

  6. #6906

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    81

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Oh, well WishStar is actually a character performer at WDW! Haha! She's really nice and knows a lot about what's going on at Disney right now!

    Skin tone is not too big of a deal, provided that your skin is not too far off! I've seen Naveens for example for not being all that brown! They could always put more foundation on the face to look whiter and much more bronzer if needing to be a bit darker.

  7. #6907

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    81

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    It also depends on maybe how you animated! I've never been to a strictly fur audition, so I'm not too sure about why some of you didn't continue! All I know is, you'll all get your time at some point. Best of luck for future auditions guys

  8. #6908

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by alessa View Post
    They probably just were not looking for character in their height range. They could have only been looking for goofy's or plutos, etc. The last fur audition they had last month, i know they hired people in mouse height because i know someone who was hired. Fur auditions don't really have anything to do with looks to be honest! They generally don't pull for face, so even if you are a good height for a face character, chances are you would still have to attend a face character audition.
    Whoops! I didn't realize it was a regular audition. My bad.

    My guess is they were hoping you two were 5' flat and not 5' 1/2". Although that half inch only knocks out a few characters for you (and none of the major ones), that might have been why. Congratulations on making it past the first round though! That's a huge accomplishment. Just practice your slouching for if you make it past the first round next time. Trust me, it's very easy to go up/down 1.5" in Disney height just by changing how you stand.

  9. #6909

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South Bay, Ca
    Posts
    226

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by justonce94 View Post
    Oh, well WishStar is actually a character performer at WDW! Haha! She's really nice and knows a lot about what's going on at Disney right now!

    Skin tone is not too big of a deal, provided that your skin is not too far off! I've seen Naveens for example for not being all that brown! They could always put more foundation on the face to look whiter and much more bronzer if needing to be a bit darker.
    O: What a lucky gal!! Haha I decided to play around today and caked on makeup, inserted blue contacts, and now sit here dressed like Wendy.



    If a face audition arises soon, I will stretch as tall as possible! Hahaha thanks for the tip (;

  10. #6910

    • Tink
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    120

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Just a bit of an update. I got my email today about my callback and ive been asked to continue on the next step of the audition process. I dont know exactly what will happen but i will be attending the audition in Austin TX for disney but specifically for the online audition to meet the agents. Not sure whats going to happen but im excited to find out. I hope to get more details in what to expect, tomorrow.

  11. #6911

    • ^_~.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where on Earth am I now?!
    Posts
    93

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    ^Oh, my gosh, ThinkTink, that's amazing! You are on your way! Congratulations, I know you'll be great. Keep us posted on what happens!

  12. #6912

    • Tink
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    120

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Thank you! I will!(: basically the call backs were due on sunday and yesterday (wednesday) they emailed everyone back with the results. Well- everyone i've spoke to before. My email invited me to personally meet an agent but i'll get more details hopefully today on what the meeting will be like. Any how!
    I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sorry for those who got called back and then cut /: it isn't a fun feeling to feel so close to your dreams and then set back. But it's awesome to have gotten through the first round! I feel amazing to have gotten this far and even though I do not know if it is a yes or no, I'm glad i got this far but I'll feel the same disappointment others feel ):

    sorry i'm ranting! I just wish everyone could be casted and be a big disney family! Haha
    i know one day we will be (:
    i'll keep yall up to date!

  13. #6913

    • Tink
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    120

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Well quick update/question.

    I've spoke to an agent about the audition i have to go to. turns out, i actually have to audition with everyone else but let them know that im there to work full time and because ive made it past the entire virtual audition process. sooooo..... now im freaking out. i have month to be nervous so can i have some tips and good lucks to get me through at least the first round? haha XP

  14. #6914

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South Bay, Ca
    Posts
    226

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Umm I'd say be over the top and expressive in your face. Haha at the audition I went to, the guy even said over the top is better, because they can always bring you down. :P

    Are we allowed to post about what they had us do at the audition, or is that some top secret info? Haha

    ThinkTink, is yours for WDW or DLR?

  15. #6915

    • Tink
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    120

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    WDW hmm.. i personally dont know- ive never been to an audition but i see videos on youtube of people talk about their audition experience.. so idk?


Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?
    By lauranelson27 in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 03:48 AM
  2. Face Character auditions...AGAIN!
    By Raiderette4gnr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:08 AM
  3. face character auditions!
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By Rocker in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
  5. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By broadwaybaby615 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •