Page 463 of 534 FirstFirst ... 363413438453460461462463464465466473488513 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,945 of 8000

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTinkTX View Post
    Mascara, foundation, powder, blush, light pink lip gloss, and I filled in my eyebrows. So no extra eyeshadow color or anything like that.
    Girl, don't lie...you know you have falsies on! Hehehe :P (that's just me teasing, by the way!)

@princesscate and ThinkTink, you two totally have that upper white girl lip that I'm so jealous of! Haha I barely have an upper lip, and when I smile naturally (not posed), it just disappears. /:

I agree with what ThinkTink said about your looks, princesscate!

Does anyone know the 411 on the new princesses Anna and Elsa? I know they're bringing Anna to the parks, but how do they audition for princesses who have movies that aren't out yet? Does anyone remember how the process was for Merida and Rapunzel when their movies were coming out? And on a side note, I'm auditioning for the DCP face character auditions in October and I am very excited!

On October 4th?
    I want to go to that one, just to see how I'd do (no way in heck am I going to Florida..my school doesn't even do the college program), but I have two important classes that day. /:

Quote Originally Posted by chelsdawnf View Post
    Does anyone know the 411 on the new princesses Anna and Elsa? I know they're bringing Anna to the parks, but how do they audition for princesses who have movies that aren't out yet? Does anyone remember how the process was for Merida and Rapunzel when their movies were coming out? And on a side note, I'm auditioning for the DCP face character auditions in October and I am very excited!
    They had an initial audition for the 2 girls already, and now they're just included in the audition process like every other face character.

Best of luck at your audition!

I am going to my first Face Character/Fur audition in 18 days. I've been spending most of my time (when I'm not at the bill paying job -ha) working on my dance, smile, posture, de-tanning, smile, etc...is there anything else I should prep for? I'm a working actor, so I've got that part down pat.

Also, I'm a little worried about height. Last night I measured at 5'3" and after straightening up 5'4". Do you think they'll bump me up to 5'4 1/2"? I'd really like to be in the more fur/characters category than the dead zone.

This is the first time I've actually been worried and overly excited for an audition!

I guess I should also put- Hey! This is my first time on micechat I've actually read 80% of the almost 500 pages, and it has helped a bunch.
    Last edited by Skydust; 09-17-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydust View Post
    I am going to my first Face Character/Fur audition in 18 days. I've been spending most of my time (when I'm not at the bill paying job -ha) working on my dance, smile, posture, de-tanning, smile, etc...is there anything else I should prep for? I'm a working actor, so I've got that part down pat.

Also, I'm a little worried about height. Last night I measured at 5'3" and after straightening up 5'4". Do you think they'll bump me up to 5'4 1/2"? I'd really like to be in the more fur/characters category than the dead zone.

This is the first time I've actually been worried and overly excited for an audition!

I guess I should also put- Hey! This is my first time on micechat I've actually read 80% of the almost 500 pages, and it has helped a bunch.
    I'd try your best to stick with 5'3-5'3 1/2". Between 5'4 and 5'5 is such a horrible height that you'll want to avoid it if at all possible. They will not hire you in that height unless you'll do face or be a mover. I'd honestly practice having someone measure you and see how you should stand to stay slightly under 5'4.

It sounds like you're really well prepared though! Just stay positive and do your best.

I'm really hoping for face, which is why I'd rather be a bit taller, ha. I'm not a classic fairy, Tink, Alice or Wendy type.

I also have two small ankle tattoos, which aren't a problem with socks/shoes and I can cover with makeup (I have oodles of experience with stage makeup). Do you think they will hinder much?

Quote Originally Posted by chelsdawnf View Post
    Note: For all early Meridas they pulled from current experienced friends of Princesses.
    Maybe it was because Merida required a more difficult accent.

Example: Merida's First Day. ___________One year earlier.
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 09-17-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydust View Post
    I'm really hoping for face, which is why I'd rather be a bit taller, ha. I'm not a classic fairy, Tink, Alice or Wendy type.

I also have two small ankle tattoos, which aren't a problem with socks/shoes and I can cover with makeup (I have oodles of experience with stage makeup). Do you think they will hinder much?
    5'3-5'3 1/2" is still perfect princess height. There are quite a few princess friends in that height range or even shorter.

Your tattoos could definitely be an issue. It used to be that, if you could cover them with makeup, it's fine. It's still that way for current performers, but they will no longer hire new performers if they're tattoos have to be covered with makeup. Since most (if not all) tights the princesses wear are pretty shear, your tattoos would most likely be an issue. It can't hurt to go to the audition anyway. If you make it to near the end, they will ask about them. DON'T LIE. They will find out eventually. Explain it to them and show them. At my audition, every single girl (granted there were only 3 of them) who had ankle or foot tattoos at the next to last round was cut before the last round. :/

Anyone have experience with singing auditions (a la Aladdin)?

Actually, although what you said about Disneyland pulling from their current working character performers, I'm pretty sure that friend of Merida was never a friend of Aurora (but I have seen her hang out with Rapunzel and Rosetta before).

They are pretty small (think inside ankles, not wrap around), and with tights, even sheer are not noticeable. From all the costumes I've seen (via the net) at WDW, it doesn't look like they wear that sheer of tights, or maybe I'm just not looking close enough? I can cover professionally, and have been thinking of removal, but unless a job requires it, what's the point? (Which I will tell them that I'll have them removed should they hire me for face!)

Good to know that about the height! I thought that for sure I'd be out of being friends with the main princesses. It'd be nice to be one of the mains, but I'm warming up to Alice and fur too. Fur looks like it could be a lot of fun!
    Last edited by Skydust; 09-17-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gingersnap View Post
    Actually, although what you said about Disneyland pulling from their current working character performers, I'm pretty sure that friend of Merida was never a friend of Aurora (but I have seen her hang out with Rapunzel and Rosetta before).

• Tink

Quote Originally Posted by sydthefairebrat View Post
    Girl, don't lie...you know you have falsies on! Hehehe :P (that's just me teasing, by the way!)

@princesscate and ThinkTink, you two totally have that upper white girl lip that I'm so jealous of! Haha I barely have an upper lip, and when I smile naturally (not posed), it just disappears. /:

I agree with what ThinkTink said about your looks, princesscate!
    never reveal the secret. This is a "natural" make ;D hahaha
    but always bring your a game. And i have short lashes naturally sadly so yes. However, you wear falsies as a character so honestly... I looked at a picture of a few princesses and based my makeup after them hehe

and thanks all for your niceness! Im super excited about my audition.

Right there with ya with the short lashes. /: But I can never get falsies to stay on! Or even really GET on! Lend me your secrets! Haha