Page 466 of 509 FirstFirst ... 366416456463464465466467468469476 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 7632

• Tink

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

YEA! <3 I'm dancing to "like me" and "small world" while at work now to get pumped! haha.
    Alessa you're a princess! hehe thats all! ;P

and hey- cruiseline auditions are shortly after in Cali if Austin isnt it! XD

Quote Originally Posted by alessa View Post
    thanks girl!! i appreciate it! like tink said, im going to the austin audition for dcp/full time next week. I'm auditioning for full time so we'll see how that goes, since i know how hard it is to get cast at these auditions
    It may be difficult, but it certainly isn't terribly uncommon! I have good feelings about the results for both you and ThinkTinkTX. Even if it doesn't happen this time for either of you, I think it will happen eventually. They've already shown interest in the both of you, so your odds are significantly better than most!

Thanks for the encouragement WishStar! You rock!!

I feel super lame for asking, but...what is dcp? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by sydthefairebrat View Post
    I feel super lame for asking, but...what is dcp? Haha
    The Disney College Program

Oh, DUH! Haha one cup of coffee definitely was not enough xD

Hello everyone! I've been watching this thread for years but am finally getting to posting now!

Today I recently attended my second audition and got cut once again. My first one was for strictly look a likes in Orlando and today's was for the CP/Full time auditions. I had the same casting director both times so I'm not sure if that factored into getting cut again. I know I have what it takes and am frequently told I look like Ariel (and sometimes Merida) by both strangers and other face characters. My problem is I have two left feet and am not the best dancer. I'm about 5'4'' but am unsure what I was measured at both times and a size 6-8 in street clothes. I guess what I'm trying to ask is do you think I should keep auditioning and hope for a different casting director, or give up going?

I also have an additional question. Do you think they're truly looking for all the roles they list on their audition website? It didn't seem like it the first time I went but I couldn't really judge this time because they didn't make it clear which characters they were looking for.
    Last edited by seasiren; 10-06-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Does anyone know how much the dancing portion of DCP auditions count for? I know they were casting parade performers as well as fur and face characters. I'm not much of a dancer and was wondering if that would completely kill my chances.

Hi everyone I'm new to the thread and had a quick question. I auditioned today for face character and got cut *sad* however there is another audition pretty close to me and I was wondering if I could go to it to, or do you have to wait 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by seasiren View Post
    Hello everyone! I've been watching this thread for years but am finally getting to posting now!

Today I recently attended my second audition and got cut once again. My first one was for strictly look a likes in Orlando and today's was for the CP/Full time auditions. I had the same casting director both times so I'm not sure if that factored into getting cut again. I know I have what it takes and am frequently told I look like Ariel (and sometimes Merida) by both strangers and other face characters. My problem is I have two left feet and am not the best dancer. I'm about 5'4'' but am unsure what I was measured at both times and a size 6-8 in street clothes. I guess what I'm trying to ask is do you think I should keep auditioning and hope for a different casting director, or give up going?

I also have an additional question. Do you think they're truly looking for all the roles they list on their audition website? It didn't seem like it the first time I went but I couldn't really judge this time because they didn't make it clear which characters they were looking for.
    The kind of casting director you get does come into play, but realize that sometimes they can be very unpredictable. Dancing is important, but at Face Character auditions, they aren't the most important. What I am saying is that he or she probably just didn't see the potential in you yet. Their needs are forever changing and will mever stay the same.

Don't give up! Even those who have little chances still go because you NEVER know exactly what they are going after, so don't stop. Based on the website, believe it or not, they will pull even for people who aren't listed. So in general, you never know exactly what they are looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by khigdon014 View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new to the thread and had a quick question. I auditioned today for face character and got cut *sad* however there is another audition pretty close to me and I was wondering if I could go to it to, or do you have to wait 6 months?
    That used to be the rule. However, feel free to go, especially if you don' get auditions too often near you! Go..

Quote Originally Posted by rebekahsarah View Post
    Does anyone know how much the dancing portion of DCP auditions count for? I know they were casting parade performers as well as fur and face characters. I'm not much of a dancer and was wondering if that would completely kill my chances.
    DANCING IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT! If you want to be face, you DO have to be somewhat graceful, but remember that dancing is the last thing they look for. Sometimes, all they want is to see you smile big! Please, don't worry too much, and remember that 95% of auditions is really all based on how you look, so there isn't much you can do except to be the best you can be on that day and smile big. Let your personality shine! Again, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT DISNEY IS LOOKING FOR!

I knew that that used to be the rule, and I've been researching it a lot today and I haven't been able to find much on it. One thing I found was if you were pooled and filled out paperwork but didn't get chosen then the rule applies but other places I've seen where people have went to 5 or 6 auditions

Quote Originally Posted by khigdon014 View Post
    I knew that that used to be the rule, and I've been researching it a lot today and I haven't been able to find much on it. One thing I found was if you were pooled and filled out paperwork but didn't get chosen then the rule applies but other places I've seen where people have went to 5 or 6 auditions

It all depends based on what the casting director tells you! At my audition back in June 20, I got put into the pool as a mover/parade dancer. They told each one of us that it was alright if we auditioned again throughout the next six months if we wanted to. I filled out paperwork that day and they still allowed us to go back again since me being in the pool was just a 50/50 chance of getting hired.

If you got fit for face, you would actually be told to wait within the next two weeks or less to find out if you got it and were approved. If you were to get rejected, you would be allowed to audition again. If they tell you to wait in the pool for face, it is best not to audition again, but I know some people who did. I know one girl who waited six months (after being in the pool for a certain face character) before being offered a role at WDW!

I have seen girls come and go at these Disney Auditions. Girls who would audition five times in five weeks straight, and then give up right after that.

I have seen people expect too much from themselves, and then when they don't get it on their first try, they give up right away.

It is sometimes sad how much some people want this but aren't willing to audition a certain number of times to snag the job. Getting your dream face role may happen with just one audition, but it may also take you 10 or even 18 times. If you really want it, don't stop.

A friend of mine who hangs out with one Princess is shooting to gain a second friend. She hasn't gotten it yet. One thing though that she has explained to me is when a trainer told her that some people don't stick it out long enough, and those that do end up getting the exact role they want. Just keep auditioning and doing your best; it is all you can do.