Page 467 of 531 FirstFirst ... 367417442457464465466467468469470477492517 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 7962

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by justonce94 View Post
    I have seen girls come and go at these Disney Auditions. Girls who would audition five times in five weeks straight, and then give up right after that.

I have seen people expect too much from themselves, and then when they don't get it on their first try, they give up right away.

It is sometimes sad how much some people want this but aren't willing to audition a certain number of times to snag the job. Getting your dream face role may happen with just one audition, but it may also take you 10 or even 18 times. If you really want it, don't stop.

A friend of mine who hangs out with one Princess is shooting to gain a second friend. She hasn't gotten it yet. One thing though that she has explained to me is when a trainer told her that some people don't stick it out long enough, and those that do end up getting the exact role they want. Just keep auditioning and doing your best; it is all you can do.

Thank you so much for all of this advice! It was really helpful! Some people have told me they think I could pull off a face character but I really have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by khigdon014 View Post
    Thank you so much for all of this advice! It was really helpful! Some people have told me they think I could pull off a face character but I really have no idea
    In all honesty, you are very pretty. And yes, I do think you can be a face character. (Of course, that is just my opinion, but I have seen people who look just like you who are current face characters.)

Since you didn't get it today, there is a big chance it will happen some time in the future! I think you should go again to that next audition. You really never know what is going to happen. You have quite a versatile look, so they may fit you for multiple characters.

However, if it doesn't happen this time, don't get discouraged. I've gone to five already. My friend got fit after her 11th audition and another on her 12th. NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP!

Quote Originally Posted by justonce94 View Post
    I have seen girls come and go at these Disney Auditions. Girls who would audition five times in five weeks straight, and then give up right after that. I have seen people expect too much from themselves, and then when they don't get it on their first try, they give up right away. It is sometimes sad how much some people want this but aren't willing to audition a certain number of times to snag the job. Getting your dream face role may happen with just one audition, but it may also take you 10 or even 18 times. If you really want it, don't stop. A friend of mine who hangs out with one Princess is shooting to gain a second friend. She hasn't gotten it yet. One thing though that she has explained to me is when a trainer told her that some people don't stick it out long enough, and those that do end up getting the exact role they want. Just keep auditioning and doing your best; it is all you can do.
    Thank you for your encouraging words and for your reply before. I'm not ready to give up yet as I'm only 18 and don't see myself looking too old for the part too soon. I guess I just got a little discouraged because I see a lot of girls on Tumblr say it only took them one audition.

i've been to 4 auditions live, and 1 virtual audition since i turned 18. i made it past the first couple rounds in 3 auditions, but i've never been cast. it sucks sometimes to feel like you're not what they want at the moment, but that's just it. you're just not the right fit at the moment. you have to keep trying if you really want it! i'm going to my 5th in person audition on thursday and i'm just hoping for the best, but if it doesn't work out i'll keep trying until i get it one day! i heard of a girl trying out 22 times before being cast as face here at disneyland. It may take awhile, but it'll be so worth it! good luck!

Another thing it, sometimes they won't hire you purely based off height. This isn't so much the case at Disneyland (since you do not have to double as fur), but at Disney World, you have to also be a fur character. & dead height is usually 5'4-5'5, meaning there is no fur characters in that range.

Quote Originally Posted by alessa View Post
    Another thing it, sometimes they won't hire you purely based off height. This isn't so much the case at Disneyland (since you do not have to double as fur), but at Disney World, you have to also be a fur character. & dead height is usually 5'4-5'5, meaning there is no fur characters in that range.
    I've actually think I've read that before but have forgotten about it, so thank you for reminding me. I'm exactly 5'3 1/2", but like I said I have no idea what they measured me as and usually round myself up to 5'4''. Good luck on Thursday! You're very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by seasiren View Post
    I've actually think I've read that before but have forgotten about it, so thank you for reminding me. I'm exactly 5'3 1/2", but like I said I have no idea what they measured me as and usually round myself up to 5'4''. Good luck on Thursday! You're very pretty.
    Yeah, i would really try practicing how to sound slightly slouchy to get measured down! i've been measured twice by disney at 5'6 1/2, even though im 5'7.. so it's all about how you stand i guess? lol thank you so much! keep trying, you'll get it soon enough

Anna & Elsa

Poor Anna, I thought they'd put her in her green dress she wears at Elsa's coronation! Hope they keep her in the ac!

Oh my gosh! I am so excited!
    Last edited by princesscate; 10-07-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Hi everyone! I am new here, and this is my first post. I was so excited to find this thread! I am 16 years old, about 5'2, petite, blonde, blue eyes. I saw on the Disney Auditions schedule that there is a Character Look-Alike audition in Orlando in a couple weeks and 16 year olds can audition. And, it said they are casting for Tink, which would be a dream come true! I would absolutely love to attend (I'm from Atlanta and is about a 7 hour drive away) but I have a couple questions: First, I know that hiring 16 year olds is rare, but do you think I even have shot? And second, can you apply to be a seasonal cast member if you get the job? Because I am still in high school and obviously could not work part or full time in Orlando. IF I got the part (which I know is a looong shot but would absolutely be amazing), could I work as a character seasonally? I know there's no need to rush and I am still very young, but it is my dream to be Tinkerbell haha and I thought if I have the opportunity to try why not?
    Even if I find out I can't work seasonally/ have no chance of being hired, I might still go to the audition anyway to get experience any opinions/input welcome! thank you so much!

Yes, definitely go to the audition. It is always tough to know what Disney is looking for, but based on your description, I say go and try! Tink's are hard to find, so they are always on the look out for her!

I know a girl who got pulled for face, signed in her application for "seasonal", and got disapproved. So, if you do get pulled next week, which may or may not happen, do not sign up for seasonal. These positions are basically saved for those who have been working part-time, full-time, or who were a part of the College Program.

Age is nothing but a number. They will like you if they like regardless of age.

In the end, I say go and audition. It will be worth it. Experience is experience. Auditions are beyond fun and casting directors are the nicest people in the world! They are very encouraging and always have great insight to give at every audition!

Quote Originally Posted by alessa View Post
    Yes, height is among one of those areas that really can depict what happens at your audition, but please keep in mind that they have tons of leeway for face characters.

I know a Peter who is literally only 5' tall (I see him every week) and we all know Peter's are supposed to be around 5'3" to 5'6".

I say this because even though height is vital for character placement, the most important part is the look. Alessa, I am sure you'll get it one day. (Maybe on the 10th. Best of luck.) I am sure you were what they wanted all along, but they didn't feel like you looked like the girls that they were looking for.

Sometimes, all you need is the "right" casting director, "right" smile, and the "right" height when you audition, and things will fall into place! Best of luck to those auditioning for the National Tour! You'll have a great time

thank you! that helps a lot. do you know what scheduling would be like for part time though? because I just don't know how that would work since I don't live in florida haha. I am allowed to sign up for seasonal and part time? just trying to decide if it's worth the time and expense to attend the audition solely for experience

Yeah, that is exactly what I was going to tell you. I am glad you thought about that. If you are just going for experience and just for the sake of it while driving 7 hours, it may not be exactly what you should do at this point, unless you were really willing to locate down here and put school on hold, which some girls do. My friend on the other hand is enrolled with UCF but with the homeschooling/virtual program.

If you were to get your number called at the look-alike audition, you would proceed to the animation round. You either fill out paperwork before and/or after the animation round. You are given multiple choices: full time, part time, seasonal, and I think one other option that I totally forgot. They said you could choose more than one if you would like.

Part timers work a minimum of 3 days a week, and you are usually allowed to have one day that you can choose for you not to work at all (for ongoing doctor's visits etc..) . For those three days, however, they usually ask for you to be prepared to work all hours for those three days. Work can take place anywhere from 8-10am down until 6:30 pm. Some girls may only work 5 hours in a single day and sometimes, on special days, may work 10 hours if they ask for it. When working here, whether part time or full time, you are required to move down here since you would be working every single week!

I think you should really evaluate what you should do, because I don't want you to drive down for too far just to take down the offer later on. However, it is still good to go since you want to get your face down there. Let us all know what you decide to do!