Page 469 of 539 FirstFirst ... 369419444459466467468469470471472479494519 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 8084

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

1 last point to show that a complete physical resemblance to a character is not a necessity. Unknown to 99.99% of guests who see her, my favorite friend of Alice and Wendy at Disneyland has several ear piercings.

Yeah, they always bend the rules as long as you have just the right look. Not all of Aladdin's friends look the same, and it is the same for every character.

Yes, it is super exciting for Alessa and ThinkTink! I am super happy for them!

I didn't know that about the friend of Alice and Wendy! So cool! It is all about being what casting directors want. It is never about beauty, but simply looking the part even if you don't literally resemble them.

The most disappointing thing to me lately ):

So if you go to an audition just because you want the experience...and then they really like you and want to hire you, but you knew from the beginning that you wouldn't be able to do it, what happens? Like if you have to tell them you can't do it, do they get mad because they turned other people away?
    Well I guess that's what the paperwork at the beginning is for, right?
    But what if something comes up (if you didn't know from the beginning. Let's say you suddenly have to work somewhere else in order to support your family or something)? Hmmm

Does anyone know which princess's are only the shorter/taller sides? I know that snow is for sure usually casted as the shortest (usually being 5'3-5'4) and I've heard ariel is on the shorter side, but which ones are usually casted on the taller side? (5'6-5'7)

Quote Originally Posted by sydthefairebrat View Post
    So if you go to an audition just because you want the experience...and then they really like you and want to hire you, but you knew from the beginning that you wouldn't be able to do it, what happens? Like if you have to tell them you can't do it, do they get mad because they turned other people away?
    Well I guess that's what the paperwork at the beginning is for, right?
    But what if something comes up (if you didn't know from the beginning. Let's say you suddenly have to work somewhere else in order to support your family or something)? Hmmm
    well on their end, they have thousands of people who audition every year. It's not going to make a difference to them if someone doesn't accept a job offer. I don't think they'll hold it against you if something were to come up in your life that would prevent you from being to accept the role. but it'd be a different story if you accepted it, started the hiring process, then left. then you might becom a restricted rehire or something. but that's just a guess!

Quote Originally Posted by alessa View Post
    Does anyone know which princess's are only the shorter/taller sides? I know that snow is for sure usually casted as the shortest (usually being 5'3-5'4) and I've heard ariel is on the shorter side, but which ones are usually casted on the taller side? (5'6-5'7)
    Honestly, it doesn't matter one bit. As long as you're in the height range, they don't really care. Sometimes people say friends of Aurora are on the taller side, and I know quite a few who are 5'3. Similarly, I know quite a few 5'7 friends of Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by alessa View Post
    well on their end, they have thousands of people who audition every year. It's not going to make a difference to them if someone doesn't accept a job offer. I don't think they'll hold it against you if something were to come up in your life that would prevent you from being to accept the role. but it'd be a different story if you accepted it, started the hiring process, then left. then you might becom a restricted rehire or something. but that's just a guess!
    ^ Bingo!

Yup, so many people audition all across the US, so if a person kind of backs out, it wouldn't make much of a difference, and they could easily replace that one person with somebody else at the next audition!

So I just popped over to Disneyland to grab a birthday present for my dad and I noticed they had Anna and Elsa costumes and merchandise out and it was so precious! I can't wait until they're at the park!

Well see, I really wanna go to the audition for DLParis, but I know for a fact that I wouldn't actually be able to go if I was selected. But I just really wanna go T.T haha

I started a youtube channel talking about my audition experiences! Hopefully it's helpful to future auditioners! YouTube
    Last edited by princesscate; 10-14-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Last edited by MakeItBlue0312; 05-05-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KatelinDiane View Post
    And Cate, LOVED your videos! I think you'll help a lot of people with questions and you need a face character job! I could see you being so many characters!
    Thank you!!! I'm so glad you liked them! I have a few more planned

A little birdie who was cast as Ariel and Snow told me that the height/look of who they choose at auditions has very, very much to do with who they already have in the park! For example, if all of the Snows are currently 5'3'' and are "curvier" then they'll be looking for people who fit that height and size range. However, what WishStar said is true-- it doesn't matter one bit! Keep auditioning, because YOU could be that one person that they really like, cast and who changes the look of all the Snows in the park!

So I am trying out to hopefully be repunzel(sp) or sleeping sleeping beauty but I have a tiny tiny 1 lined cross tattoo on the back of my neck that isn't even noticeable because it can be so easily covered.i was wondering if anyone knew would I be denied just because of that or does it depend