Page 47 of 540 FirstFirst ... 223744454647484950577297147 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    Ya, I heard that too! I am very nervous! haha. I am going to Disneyland on Thursday, so maybe I will see if the line to meet Tink is short, then drag my friends to go check it out! I went with my cousins a while ago, and we were watching the Electrical Light Parade, and when I saw Tink, I like flipped out! It was pretty funny.

I don't know about shoe sizes, but I am guessing that they have a lot of variaties....if not, then probably shoes on the smaller end, like 5's and 6's, as most small girls have small feet!
    Oh cool! I went with my friend the last time, and we went and saw Tinkerbell. The line wasn't that long, but I'm sure it can get very long! It just wasn't the busiest day.

I don't know a lot of short girls with bigger sized feet so yeah i'm sure it's around those sizes.

• Pegasus' most hyper fan

Wow, it's taken me a while to catch up on reading through this thread! 47 pages...all having very helpful information. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. This thread has helped me to get the nerve up to audition next spring after I graduate from college.

After visiting DL last week, I was hopeful when I noticed that I seemed to be in the correct character height (5'5"). I'm half Asian so it seems to me that the only characters open to me are Mulan, Silvermist, etc.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2893/picture094i.jpg
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8428/picture090v

Do I stand a chance? Are there typically gymnastics roles open in parades? I have 13 years of gymnastics experience.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by gymskate View Post
    Wow, it's taken me a while to catch up on reading through this thread! 47 pages...all having very helpful information. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. This thread has helped me to get the nerve up to audition next spring after I graduate from college.

After visiting DL last week, I was hopeful when I noticed that I seemed to be in the correct character height (5'5"). I'm half Asian so it seems to me that the only characters open to me are Mulan, Silvermist, etc.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2893/picture094i.jpg
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8428/picture090v

Do I stand a chance? Are there typically gymnastics roles open in parades? I have 13 years of gymnastics experience.
    I know, we just can't stop talking about the subject.
    Well that's very good you got the courage!
    I think you could be great as either, but an especially cute Silvermist! Definitely go to the audition, and tell us how it goes!

• I'm Wishing...

Oh, and by the way, you can call me Annie.

Do you practice the autograph though? I feel pretty pathetic for doing that...haha!
    LOL- sad to admit I have a whole drawer full of practice autographs. =P My friends tease me for it all the time!!!!

• Great Googily Moogily!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    LOL- sad to admit I have a whole drawer full of practice autographs. =P My friends tease me for it all the time!!!!
    Well I can't say I have full drawers of practice autographs but I have signed MANY birthday cards with the Mad Hatter's park autograph. Yay! I'm not the only dork that does this!
    Have you PLay'ed today?

• Cast Member

Hey micechat community! so i'm pretty new to this whole bit, and i like how everyone's trying to help each other out. i've been reading bits and pieces of this thread, but didn't come close to reading all 47 pages like bubble_POP did. lol. anyways, yeah this has been super helpful since i plan on going to the august 29th audition. i was thinking i could pull off an aladdin, and then i remembered i'm only 5'5". not so lucky in the height department. but yeah, anyone else on here going on the 29th? wish you all the best of luck.

until then,
    aaron
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    -Walt Disney

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by ACByourself View Post
    Hey micechat community! so i'm pretty new to this whole bit, and i like how everyone's trying to help each other out. i've been reading bits and pieces of this thread, but didn't come close to reading all 47 pages like bubble_POP did. lol. anyways, yeah this has been super helpful since i plan on going to the august 29th audition. i was thinking i could pull off an aladdin, and then i remembered i'm only 5'5". not so lucky in the height department. but yeah, anyone else on here going on the 29th? wish you all the best of luck.

until then,
    aaron
    You seem to have the look, though they tend to look for taller guys to play Aladdin... Then again, the Christmas Parade is coming up, so you might fit quite well!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ACByourself View Post

until then,
    aaron
    I agree with DisneyMouse, you'd make an awesome Aladdin! I saw a picture of him today, and you look very similar to the guy! Best of luck to you!

• Cast Member

oh really, now? that sounds pretty fun actually. thanks for the encouragement and the tip on the Christmas Parade.

mahalo,
    aaron
    -Walt Disney

• Cast Member

oh shoot, one more thing i forgot to ask. i read somewhere that its required to have headshots and a resume prepared to bring to the auditions. do any of you know what the deal is in regards to this? i mean, yeah i have acting and singing experience but no head shot what so ever. and i'm assuming that a regular photo wouldn't quite cut it. any advice will be be truly appreciated.

once again,
    aaron
    -Walt Disney

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

No problem, the parades are always a little more open when it comes to heights and looks.

Don't worry about the headshot or resume. If you were audition for AGVA (or otherwise stated) you'd need them, though not for character auditions, you're fine without them.

• Future Tinkerbell!

becki- ever considered working for Disneyland Tokyo? They need girls with blue eyes, though I don't know if you do...

Olivia- I wear a size 5 or 5 1/2! Tiny, right? Haha

• Sock Puppet

In shoes? Haha yeah!

• Future Tinkerbell!

yes, in shoes....haha!

• aliceindisneyland

becki- ever considered working for Disneyland Tokyo? They need girls with blue eyes, though I don't know if you do...

cool
    do you have to speak their language??

also i figured out what i'd be in american sizes.. i'm 5.5/ 5"1/2
    so olivia you'd be size 4 thats very normal here, and anne you'be be size 2-3.. which is same as me .

also on the autograph thing, i've filled two little books with alice signatures-and a couple of wendys teehee... i'm gad i'm not on my own

so is this right for the face audition process:
    first your best off getting there early as 100's can show up..
    you go in groups of about 50 and stand in lines numbered 1-10
    they look at everyone and maybe ask a question..(remember to smile)
    then they'll discuss and they might say "can lines 4 and 6 stand to the left.. and the rest are cut and go outside..
    then it's something like : there are 2 groups one for princesses, and one for others.. but i also heard 1 is for people going to get wigged and the other are people learning lines..
    they take a headshot somewhere in the process..
    then there's a dance just simple like a parade dance..
    then is there callbacks or they tell you..

is that right roughly??
    Last edited by beckix.o.x; 08-16-2009 at 08:59 AM.