Page 472 of 539 FirstFirst ... 372422447462469470471472473474475482497522 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 8085

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by justonce94 View Post
    Yes, as beautiful as you are, IT IS NOT ABOUT BEAUTY! Sometimes, it isn't even about looking like the character. I've seen countless girls "look" like the character, (like they literally look like the Princesses) but because of Disney and their unique casting methods, they didn't get pulled. They look for a whole ton of things: eyes, smile, nose, cheeks, body silhouette, eyebrows, and everything else. You never really actually realize how critical they can be unless you finally get to go to an audition. Only some people who have auditioned before know how tough it can be to ever be considered for face, and for some people, they get super lucky and luck out on their first, second, or third try.

I do see you as a potential Princess, but that isn't my point. My point is that nothing we say will do you any justice because we don't have a say on what Disney looks out for.

I said it once and I will say it again; I feel bad for girls who get told are beautiful and have huge chances, but once they audition, they get told "no" and then give up.

To anybody auditioning, don't stop auditioning and don't give up. You may get it on your first try, or maybe your fifth or ninth try. If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!
    Thank you for your reply! I mainly posted because I was concerned with the fact that I was tall, and the tallest height listed in all castings I have seen for girls is 5'7". I am 2" taller than that. I completely agree with you about the beauty aspect. My friend auditioned and she looks EXACTLY like Snow White, and everyone constantly told her she should work at Disneyland, but she didn't even make it past the first round of auditions. I am not old enough to audition yet, I am only 16 while (I think) you have to be 18 to audition at DLR. I am just hoping to prepare myself before I attend my first audition.

Yeah, I don't mean to be rude at all. That isn't my goal. I just really want you to know that we have no say at all on who gets pulled. Lol! Yeah, as important as height is, it is not the MAIN PURSUIT. Trust me. I have seen girls who are beyond short and perfect just for pixie who got pulled for Princesses. Again, the truth is that they are SO UNPREDICTABLE.

They are so unpredictable that, (I am just going to put this out there I know somebody whom I am close to WHO NEVER AUDITIONED NOT ONCE, but became an FC for several months at WDW! I know, right?! Oh goodness, the madness behind the unpredictability of Disney World casting.

Oh I didn't find you rude at all! Your advice has been super helpful to me so thank you! And that is so crazy about your friend, I guess you can never know with Disney

Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for an audition? Like, how would they actually work?

Listen to a "Get Psyched" mix...Bon Jovi should be your first track. haha

I'm not joking. You need to get excited!

Yes, as beautiful as you are, IT IS NOT ABOUT BEAUTY! Sometimes, it isn't even about looking like the character. I've seen countless girls "look" like the character, (like they literally look like the Princesses) but because of Disney and their unique casting methods, they didn't get pulled. They look for a whole ton of things: eyes, smile, nose, cheeks, body silhouette, eyebrows, and everything else. You never really actually realize how critical they can be unless you finally get to go to an audition. Only some people who have auditioned before know how tough it can be to ever be considered for face, and for some people, they get super lucky and luck out on their first, second, or third try.

I do see you as a potential Princess, but that isn't my point. My point is that nothing we say will do you any justice because we don't have a say on what Disney looks out for.

I said it once and I will say it again; I feel bad for girls who get told are beautiful and have huge chances, but once they audition, they get told "no" and then give up.

To anybody auditioning, don't stop auditioning and don't give up. You may get it on your first try, or maybe your fifth or ninth try. If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!

So are you saying that beauty isn't important or that its very important but not to bet on it? Because I'm auditioning soon and would love to be a face character--and I think I could do it as far as personality goes...but to be honest I do have a big nose. It photographs badly from some angles and certainly isn't princess-like. Will that be a deal breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellezapip View Post
    So are you saying that beauty isn't important or that its very important but not to bet on it? Because I'm auditioning soon and would love to be a face character--and I think I could do it as far as personality goes...but to be honest I do have a big nose. It photographs badly from some angles and certainly isn't princess-like. Will that be a deal breaker?
    It's really hard to tell what looks will work and which won't for the casting directors. It depends on who's already working in the parks, who the casting directors are and the versatility of your look. I wouldn't worry about anything you think they might not like and go to the audition as your best you. Which sounds super mega corny but all you really can do is bring a great attitude, a big happy smile and give it your best shot!!! There's never any harm in trying. The worst they can say is no <3

Quote Originally Posted by Bellezapip View Post

The truth is that you never know who they will hire. They may like you and hire you if they want. There is always a ton of things that they have to check off in their kinds when looking at different people at auditions. I do have to say that beauty doesn't mean anything at these auditions. Good looking guys and good looking girls don't get pulled at times simply because they don't have the right smile or the right cheekbones. Some of them,through perseverance and continued auditions, do end up getting casted. Don't let your nose ruin your chances, or even your courage to audition. Believe it or not, there are so many people who go to auditions on a regular basis. Here in Orlando, there is always the same people I see. No matter what happens, audition again if you have to if you really want it.

Also, a bad thing in your mind may be the one thing they like, so don't rule out anything about you. Disney Casting Directors look for SO MANY THINGS, so don't worry too much. All you have to do is give it your best shot!

Quote Originally Posted by hopefullyroyal View Post
    Oh I didn't find you rude at all! Your advice has been super helpful to me so thank you! And that is so crazy about your friend, I guess you can never know with Disney
    Best of luck alright. Yup, you never know what may happen with Disney.

As for tips for your audition, always be prepared to move and dance a little. This is the only way for them to see how you move. Don't stop dancing if you don't know the dance. Just keep on going.

Quote Originally Posted by princesscate View Post
    It's really hard to tell what looks will work and which won't for the casting directors. It depends on who's already working in the parks, who the casting directors are and the versatility of your look. I wouldn't worry about anything you think they might not like and go to the audition as your best you. Which sounds super mega corny but all you really can do is bring a great attitude, a big happy smile and give it your best shot!!! There's never any harm in trying. The worst they can say is no <3
    Thanks princesscate! I'll definitely go I'm just afraid they'll be like yeah right. But it'll be worth it just for the experience!

The truth is that you never know who they will hire. They may like you and hire you if they want. There is always a ton of things that they have to check off in their kinds when looking at different people at auditions. I do have to say that beauty doesn't mean anything at these auditions. Good looking guys and good looking girls don't get pulled at times simply because they don't have the right smile or the right cheekbones. Some of them,through perseverance and continued auditions, do end up getting casted. Don't let your nose ruin your chances, or even your courage to audition. Believe it or not, there are so many people who go to auditions on a regular basis. Here in Orlando, there is always the same people I see. No matter what happens, audition again if you have to if you really want it.

Also, a bad thing in your mind may be the one thing they like, so don't rule out anything about you. Disney Casting Directors look for SO MANY THINGS, so don't worry too much. All you have to do is give it your best shot!
    Thanks justonce94 that's encouraging! I think the experience will be great no matter what happens. I'm terribly afraid they'll laugh at me (at least in their heads), but I'll give it a shot. I'll never be beautiful but I've got a lot of heart

They would never laugh or be rude. The casting directors are genuinely very nice people and they want to see you succeed. A lot of the directors were formerly performers, so they know how it is to be judged!

One casting director I had explained that she had to audition multiple times before she got into Entertainment (it was 6 or 7 times), so she kept telling us to keep going no matter what. Some of them know how it is to be brought down and told "no", so they never like to make fun of the people they are judging. If they do keep you, congrats to you! If they don't, it's not the end of the world. There is always going to be a Walt Disney World, so you can always audition again.

After 6 auditions, I do feel bad I haven't been hired yet, but realizing that Disney will always be there, is slightly comforting to me because I know that I will get to work there as long as I keep trying. This should be what all our mentalities should be!

I've heard of several people getting emails saying they were accepted as characters for the spring 2014 DCP. Any good news here? Or news at all?

I met Thor at Disneyland yesterday! He was perfect. I hope he stays around for a while!