Page 473 of 541 FirstFirst ... 373423448463470471472473474475476483498523 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I feel like I had read somewhere in this thread once that DLR holds auditions about every 6 months? Sooooooo....next one will be February-ish? Whatcha think?

Cate, do you have pictures?

Don't ever ever ever give up!!! On my seventh audition (a fur audition, at that) I FINALLY made a friend.. A friend who shows her face!! This was after I had accepted the fact that I don't have a face character face.. Always keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by sydthefairebrat View Post
    I feel like I had read somewhere in this thread once that DLR holds auditions about every 6 months? Sooooooo....next one will be February-ish? Whatcha think?

Cate, do you have pictures?
    February?! I can't wait that long

And of course I do!

I know!!! But that's just a guess. Haha

That Thor looks better than the Thor in other pictures I've seen.

I know!!! But that's just a guess. Haha

That Thor looks better than the Thor in other pictures I've seen.
    I just need a look alike audition in my life right now ):

And he was awesome! Really easy to have a quick conversation with and everything. We told him he would really like Tower of Terror because of the thunder and lightning haha he was so excited and cute.

Right?? I wanna go to the ones for Paris and Hong Kong, but..I just can't lie about being available to go! Haha

That's funny, I hope to have a character interaction like that someday. (:

Right?? I wanna go to the ones for Paris and Hong Kong, but..I just can't lie about being available to go! Haha

That's funny, I hope to have a character interaction like that someday. (:
    Do they take care of your housing and transportation in Paris like in Hong Kong? Its not listed explicitly on the notice so I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissAriel View Post
    Don't ever ever ever give up!!! On my seventh audition (a fur audition, at that) I FINALLY made a friend.. A friend who shows her face!! This was after I had accepted the fact that I don't have a face character face.. Always keep trying!
    Congrats again my friend! I am sure your friend loves hanging out with you!

Yes, never give up! For some girls, it takes one audition, and for others, it can be around 9 or 10.

I was also at the same audition as you when you got chosen. It was my second audition. I do remember, however, that while the audition was for character performing/fur, it said on the website and at the audition that they were going to be looking for face that day. I still remember Saroya saying that. Actually, that audition was an all-around audition. In other words, it was at that audition where they looked for "parade performers", "face", "puppeteers", and then "fur". They won't be having auditions like this any more at WDW because they want to narrow it down from now on to avoid the big crowds. They'll be having more specific auditions from now on!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Do they take care of your housing and transportation in Paris like in Hong Kong? Its not listed explicitly on the notice so I wonder.
    Yes they do

So what's the requirement for schedules? Like I have school...I know I have to have at least 3 full days open, right? So I would just not have school one day. But what about the rest of the days in the week? And how would I decide which day to leave open? Agghh haha those that have made it to the end, what did your schedules look like?

If you were to choose part time work only, you would simply choose three days that you would like to work, and you would only work those days. If you were to go full time, you would have to have everyday of the week open. Those who attend UCF and work in Entertainment usually just go part time so that they have a consistently similar schedule.

Seasonal on the other hand is meant for those who have been working for the company for quite awhile. Seasonal requires that you work for several days straight, and then you come back several months back again for another week or so until you have reached a certain number of hours!

They really prefer you have an open schedule. For example if you can't work weekends they really won't even consider you. My first audition, I made it a pretty far into but but my availability was so limited because I was still in high school that I ended up not getting it. I'm not sure if that was the whole reason why I didn't get it, but it definitely was probably a factor!

Hmm I've got it! Tell me what you think: okay, my whole thing is that my boyfriend is in his junior year. 3 more semesters left and after that he'll be at med school. The only local ones are UCLA and UC Irvine. The one he wants to go to is UC San Fran. If he doesn't get into any of those, he has to go out of state. Right now, the plan is that if he has to go somewhere far, I'm tagging along. So I wanted to finish my stuff at the JC I go to in those 3 semesters, but that would I'd have to pack a lot in, making my schedule busy. So what I'm thinking is I'll tell Disney my schedule is open, and then make my school schedule around what they give me (if I were to make it) and if I can't finish my classes at my JC, I can just go to one wherever we end up. So that was really long, but does it sound like it would work? haha

Quote Originally Posted by justonce94 View Post
    If you were to choose part time work only, you would simply choose three days that you would like to work, and you would only work those days. If you were to go full time, you would have to have everyday of the week open. Those who attend UCF and work in Entertainment usually just go part time so that they have a consistently similar schedule.

Seasonal on the other hand is meant for those who have been working for the company for quite awhile. Seasonal requires that you work for several days straight, and then you come back several months back again for another week or so until you have reached a certain number of hours!
    It's actually not terribly uncommon for them to hire seasonal performers right off the bat, especially around summer time when they really need performers. But, like you said, you do have to have several days of availability initially for training (6 for fur, 3 more for one face character, and 2.5 for each additional face character). For my face friend, they hired quite a few seasonal girls around May this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by WishStar View Post
    It's actually not terribly uncommon for them to hire seasonal performers right off the bat, especially around summer time when they really need performers. But, like you said, you do have to have several days of availability initially for training (6 for fur, 3 more for one face character, and 2.5 for each additional face character). For my face friend, they hired quite a few seasonal girls around May this past year.
    Don't know who you're friends with, but if I have to wait until May for a face audition, I might die. hahaha