Page 484 of 535 FirstFirst ... 384434459474481482483484485486487494509534 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 8019

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hello - My son is going to attend the audition on the 12th, which will be his first time doing so. He is in the tall male category, as he's 6'2" and has a strong build. Any ideas what they will be looking for, character wise? His dream gig would be Darth Vader! Any other tips for the audition preparation would be really helpful. Also, since early seems to be the order of the day, what time do they start allowing people in on Ball Rd? Thanks, and best of luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nwray1 View Post
    Hello - My son is going to attend the audition on the 12th, which will be his first time doing so. He is in the tall male category, as he's 6'2" and has a strong build. Any ideas what they will be looking for, character wise? His dream gig would be Darth Vader! Any other tips for the audition preparation would be really helpful. Also, since early seems to be the order of the day, what time do they start allowing people in on Ball Rd? Thanks, and best of luck to everyone.
    For his height range, he will be considered for any prince or character such as flynn. Since you never see darth vaders face, that would probably be considered under a character performer audition which is separate. You can get there as early as you'd like really. Since it's the staff parking garage, people will be there at all hours. If you want to be one of the first people to get in, getting there around 7 is usually okay.

Hi guys, I plan on going to the January auditions also, this will be my first time auditioning as a REAL disney character (I have made all their dresses tho lol)
    What type of make up do you recommend to wear?
    Also fun question: do you guys go to the park after you are cut to wonder and have fun?

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

I just have a question for people who have already audition or know the process, when you act out a scene they asked you to, can you interact with the judges(via actions, not words) ? For example do you have to act like they're not there? Can you make facial expressions at them like you know they're watching? I'm just wondering
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

I would say you could definitely make facial expressions at them! Engaging them is good, because, as a performer, you will have to be engaging the park guests every day. Anything disruptive or invasive would probably be a bad idea, but engaging them from afar with your actions and facial expressions, I think, would be a great thing to do! When I have auditioned, the casting director hasn't ever acted like we aren't there. She watches all of us and laughs when someone does something funny and scribbles in her notes often. I don't think they will respond to you, verbally or nonverbally, because that would be disruptive to everyone, but they may giggle if you do something funny or nod or something subtle like that.

• Sock Puppet

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. I've been looking for a few answers and I'm hoping someone here could help me out. I've been told that the FC costume sizes are between like a 2-8 and 10 for some princesses, does anyone know if those are true to size? I have to lose weight before I go to an audition but I've seen some FC (mostly Wendy and Snow white) that seem like a size 12. Is that just cause of the dresses? Or have they gone up in sizing? I'm in the height range for Tink, Alice and Wendy (maybe Snow if they fudge my height) that's why i'm so curious about their sizing. Oh also I know Disney is kind of strict when it comes to their CM looks, do you know if they wouldn't hire someone because of their hair color? I have Ariel red hair and It makes me sad thinking I would have to change it just for an audition.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight2Neverland View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. I've been looking for a few answers and I'm hoping someone here could help me out. I've been told that the FC costume sizes are between like a 2-8 and 10 for some princesses, does anyone know if those are true to size? I have to lose weight before I go to an audition but I've seen some FC (mostly Wendy and Snow white) that seem like a size 12. Is that just cause of the dresses? Or have they gone up in sizing? I'm in the height range for Tink, Alice and Wendy (maybe Snow if they fudge my height) that's why i'm so curious about their sizing. Oh also I know Disney is kind of strict when it comes to their CM looks, do you know if they wouldn't hire someone because of their hair color? I have Ariel red hair and It makes me sad thinking I would have to change it just for an audition.
    Thanks!
    Welcome to micechat! To answer your question about costumes, yes I have heard they are true to size for Princesses. The sizes I know are the size 2, size 4/6, and size 8. I'm not sure if they went up in sizing, probably not, but again I'm not sure. The hair color part, you're going to be wearing a wig anyways so that doesn't matter at all. Just smile, be happy, and good luck on your audition!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Straight2Neverland View Post
    Thanks!
    While I don't know the dress sizes, as long as you're height/weight proportionate I wouldn't worry. From the auditions I've been to I've never known them to take your dress size (I'm a male though so it's not like they'd ask me, but I still don't think they asked any girls and I've only ever auditioned for Paris so it may be different elsewhere). Don't worry about your hair colour either. Basically try not to worry about anything and just enjoy the audition

Your hair color won't matter for the audition much, but if they hire you that's when you'll have to change it. I met a girl at my first audition who was friends with a couple of characters and she has very natural red hair, like brown with red tint on it and she said that even that was pushing it for hair color. The Disney looks only allows you to have natural colored hair, even if you're a character.

Can anyone guess how many friends of any given princess Disney likes to have at DLR? Obviously a lot less than WDW. Looks like Jasmine is close with about 3 girls at the moment.

If I were a princess, I'd want to be friends with everyone. Because knowing my height, I won't be princess all the time.

Hello! I'm new to this forum! I currently work part time in ODF at Magic Kingdom, but there is an audition for a role that is my height. I would really like to go, but would I need to quit my current position? I'm totally clueless as to how things work as a Disney Cast Member!

Is that food? Anyway, I know that in the past there have been girls that doubled. If you watch the Confessions of a Retired Disney Princess videos, you'll see. They're on Jennifer Oakes' (I think thats the spelling) youtube page. You can also just transfer completely but I believe there is a form you have to have with you. You could always just ask someone, though haha

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Can anyone guess how many friends of any given princess Disney likes to have at DLR? Obviously a lot less than WDW. Looks like Jasmine is close with about 3 girls at the moment.
    A lot more than 3 for the major Princesses. At the Fantasy Fair at the Royal Hall there is often two each of Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel at the same time. They trade off with another set every 30-45 minutes. At the same time there would be one of each at California Adventure's Ariels Grotto. The Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel in the Parade are different friends / Costumes. And, Fantasmic Princesses. They do not work every day, so that another set (3-4) are required to cover all shifts/days at peak times.

On one installation (training) day there were four Mary Poppins Friends out in DLR.

Currently there are four+ Alice in Wonderland M&G friends, and three+ FF Show Rapunzels (that also do meet & greets). Two Magic Map Rapunzels, plus Parade Rapunzels (No Ariel's Grotto or Fantasmic Repunzels.)

Most used are: Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel, and Ariel: Then Snow White, Merida, Belle, Jasmine, and Tiana. Less used are Mulan and Pocahontas. There are two each of Elsa and Anna as they currently are only at their Meet & Greet.

There can be as many as 10+ friends of a Princess if you count M&G, Ariels Grotto, Parades, and Fantasmic.

HOWEVER, to complicate matters, cast members are often friends of more than one Princess. Rapunzel will also often be friends with Merida, or Anna!

My all time favorite cast member has been friends with: Snow White, Fawn, Merida, Jane Porter, Tinkerbell, etc.

Here is a Merida/Aurora friend:
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 01-05-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Someone in the forum asked when there might be a pirate fairy meet and greet with the new movie coming out March 31st. I didn't know what they were talking about, so I went and looked it up.
    Name:  zarina.png
Views: 782
Size:  137.3 KB
    Think they'll be looking for "Zarinas?" lol or do you think they'd just pull from who they already have?