Page 488 of 542 FirstFirst ... 388438463478485486487488489490491498513538 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 8118

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

So many beautiful girls got turned away at this audition. Just from what I saw and from my group at least. There were SO many people who showed up. I think Disneyland should start having auditions where you KNOW what they're looking for. It's kinda a waste of time to never exactly know which characters are being cast! I don't think it's fair.
    It's so true, the casting director really tends to pick people you'd never guess. It's NOT about being beautiful. I thought so many model looking girls were going to be princesses who got cut. It's really confusing! I'm in the short range so i'm not sure what they were looking for (there's only about two options and seems like they have enough girls) but i'm so discouraged! I've been to Disneyland recently and the characters just don't seem up to par with the characters from a couple years back. I'm in no way dissing ANY of the girls, it's just not as magical to me anymore and I can't understand why. Some are amazing don't get my wrong, some just seem off these days. Oh well, not a mean post because I still plan on auditioning for the wonderful company of Disney again & congrats to all the girls that made it this audition and have made it at past auditions! That's wonderful. Just really not sure what to expect anymore because you never know what they're looking for in someone now. It's so cut throat.
    Just venting, a little.

Yeah it's so hard to know who they'll pick. You really can never tell. I am glad WDW has started doing auditions for specific characters, so you know not to go if you don't fit the requirements, and I hope Disneyland will start doing the same thing. I agree that looks aren't the sole factor, which many people assume is true. The casting director for WDW that I've always had says at each audition, "You can come in here looking literally exactly like Snow White, with doves circling around your head, and you could be cut." If they don't need friends of Snow White, you'll be cut. If you're availability doesn't match their needs, you'll be cut. If you don't show them enough personality and energy and improvisational skill, you could be cut. If that specific casting director thinks you don't look quite similar enough to Snow White's other friends, you could be cut. But I have heard *so* many stories of people auditioning 5, 10, 15, even 22 (crazy, huh?! I couldn't believe my ears!) times before *finally* being cast. It is true that you might never be cast. But it is also true that you might be cast at the 8th audition you attend. I know yesterday must have been so frustrating and discouraging, but I hope you'll keep attending auditions for Disneyland and that someday you'll be one of the fortunate few who are offered the job.

Btw, if anyone saw a guy and a girl with krispy kreme...that was me haha

• ^_~.

So...I just watched a youtube video with two girls who called themselves "retired Disney Princesses," and it kind of made me question what I'm doing. They were like, "We're thirty, we're too old now."
    Well, I'm getting up there. Is it weird to still want to be a face character at my age? Am I honestly getting too old? I look young, but it feels awkward that at my age most people seem to be "aging out" and moving on. I just feel so old!

Does anyone have any opinions? Am I really too old, or am I just freaking out needlessly? Be honest!
    Last edited by ChaseTheDream; 02-15-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Ive watched those videos haha they kind of annoy me though xP
    If you look the part, I dont see why your age would be an issue. Do what you love, I say! It's nobody else's business!

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseTheDream View Post
    So...I just watched a youtube video with two girls who called themselves "retired Disney Princesses," and it kind of made me question what I'm doing. They were all like, "We're thirty, we're too old now."
    I'm 31, and I just started auditioning a couple of years ago. Is it weird to still want to be a face character at my age? Am I honestly too old? I look younger than I am (most people guess early twenties), but it feels awkward that at my age most people seem to be "aging out" and moving on. I just feel so old!

Does anyone have any opinions? Am I really too old, or am I just freaking out needlessly? Be honest!
    That's a good video anyways the reason why they say "too old" is because most princesses retire at 27 or 28 and they were princesses. But I don't know about other characters.
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the likelihood of being cast on... not your first audition.
    I know it happens all the time, but I've been to two (WDW) and I haven't made it past the first round either time. I'm worried that the people who get it on their third fourth fifth sixth audition make it past the first round most or all of those times.

Also, any clues as to why the WDW age limit has gone up?
    It was 16 forever and now it's 18.
    Is there new management or something?

But they did tell her she can't audition again for six months, because she is still "in consideration." Does that mean they could still call her back at some point?
    They keep your record on file for future call backs. I know of people who got called within the next three months or even years. They’ll sometimes call back for you to audition for something else, like for WDW or Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by jessybo View Post
    I'm in the short range so i'm not sure what they were looking for (there's only about two options and seems like they have enough girls) but i'm so discouraged! I've been to Disneyland recently and the characters just don't seem up to par with the characters from a couple years back....Just really not sure what to expect anymore because you never know what they're looking for in someone now. It's so cut throat.
    Just venting, a little.
    =/ Unfortunately...they were looking for any and every character this audition which is why they weren’t specific about it. They are very short staffed. But at the same time are very picky, which I know doesn’t make sense....

But I do agree that a lot of the girls aren’t “what they used to be.” Not sure why though.

I'm 31, and I just started auditioning a couple of years ago. Is it weird to still want to be a face character at my age? Am I honestly too old? I look younger than I am (most people guess early twenties), but it feels awkward that at my age most people seem to be "aging out" and moving on. I just feel so old!

I’m gonna be honest with you, even though you may think you look young or you really do look young. If you get hired, there will be mostly girls who are 17-19 years old working with you. And in the job you will be constantly reminded how old you actually are. (“Oh, Im only a freshman”, etc) They will be in a different period in their life, talking about things that you may not relate to anymore. If you are already worrying about your age, you may psychologically feel too old for the job once you’re in. A lot of girls who are in their mid 20’s are already debating on staying just because they feel “too old” for the job. And at DL, there are very very few characters who are 28+. I mean I'm not saying you are too old, but you need to have tough skin then if you get the job. And I heard at WDW, they’re even more sensitive about their age.

Quote Originally Posted by nowa View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the likelihood of being cast on... not your first audition.
    I know it happens all the time, but I've been to two (WDW) and I haven't made it past the first round either time. I'm worried that the people who get it on their third fourth fifth sixth audition make it past the first round most or all of those times.

Also, any clues as to why the WDW age limit has gone up?
    It was 16 forever and now it's 18.
    Is there new management or something?
    It may be a Federal law, for the age thing? Due to the new health care plan? I’m not really sure but I know a lot is changing from that.

And for DL, I can only name a few that didn’t make it at their first audition. Most girls were found from “other” auditions (fuzzy, parade) or somewhere random, or got hired only from going to one open call. But if you’re going to the audition like 6-7 times, they do remember who you are. (whether its +/-)

Quote Originally Posted by 0vivathevida0 View Post
    And for DL, I can only name a few that didn’t make it at their first audition. Most girls were found from “other” auditions (fuzzy, parade) or somewhere random, or got hired only from going to one open call. But if you’re going to the audition like 6-7 times, they do remember who you are. (whether its +/-)
    Was debating whether or not to go to the next fuzzy audition. Now I've decided I will, and I will try my darnedest to be as cute and bubbly and animated as possible!! ',:^D heh heh heh..

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to practice for dancing? I've been doing what I remember from my first audition but I don't remember the whole routine.

I also have a question. How do they cast Cinderella's Fairy Godmother? Do they just pull friendly older women who already work in the parks or are they former princesses?

So even if they say at a fuzzy audition that they aren't looking for face characters, there's a possibility that you get pulled for face if you're very similar to the people currently working? And by "somewhere random" can that be a place that isn't an audition?

Quote Originally Posted by seasiren View Post
    I also have a question. How do they cast Cinderella's Fairy Godmother? Do they just pull friendly older women who already work in the parks or are they former princesses?
    They pull older women for her character. Unless you’re overseas in Tokyo or something, they pull younger too but prefer older women. And yes, there are fairy godmothers who were princesses, but doesn’t mean that they were “young” when they got fairy godmother.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiaz02 View Post
    So even if they say at a fuzzy audition that they aren't looking for face characters, there's a possibility that you get pulled for face if you're very similar to the people currently working? And by "somewhere random" can that be a place that isn't an audition?
    There’s a possibility you can be pulled for face at a fuzzy audition if they see you as a face. Do they pull based off of people currently working? Honestly, imo, no. They just pull completely based on who they want and like their look.

Yes, somewhere else other than an open call. For example, if a casting director is walking through the park and just finds a person with the look they're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by 0vivathevida0 View Post
    For example, if a casting director is walking through the park and just finds a person with the look they're looking for.
    Where might one "bump into" a casting director? ;D hahaha (kidding)

I was wondering if I could get an honest opinion on whether or not I have "the look" for face. I know it's not all about looks, and that personality and acting ability play a HUGE part. But still, having the right face goes a long way in that department. And I really don't think I am up to par in the looks department, at least compared to the average face character.(main thing is my large-ish nose) But ya never know! I'm holding out for that one lucky audition, haha. I'm 21 years old and 5'8 (but was measured 5'7 at my first audition) so I think I'm at the tallest height for the princesses.
    Name:  STUFF 928.JPG
Views: 1388
Size:  31.1 KBName:  IMG_3045.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  47.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    I was wondering if I could get an honest opinion on whether or not I have "the look" for face. I know it's not all about looks, and that personality and acting ability play a HUGE part. But still, having the right face goes a long way in that department. And I really don't think I am up to par in the looks department, at least compared to the average face character.(main thing is my large-ish nose) But ya never know! I'm holding out for that one lucky audition, haha. I'm 21 years old and 5'8 (but was measured 5'7 at my first audition) so I think I'm at the tallest height for the princesses.
    No one on this site will be able to tell you if you have the look. So I wouldn't worry about that, and just go to an audition..

You're height is fine. I know girls who are slightly around 5'9'' working as princesses. so you wouldn't be the tallest.

unfortunately it's about looks more. if it comes down between you and another girl who looks more like the character. even if you read the script better than the other, they'll still choose the one who has the better look. the first cut is look, not acting. but once you get hired, of course your acting ability will take you farther, but it wont help you at the audition as much as look.