Page 489 of 527 FirstFirst ... 389439464479486487488489490491492499514 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 7894

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I agree, no one but casting can tell you that! And remember that even if you don't have luck with face character auditions, there is always the option of auditioning for fur characters, which to me seems like it would also be lots of fun and a great experience. If it's a dream of yours, I wouldn't give up! Keep attending auditions and learning from each one if it is something you truly want to do

Ovivathevida0 Thanks for the advise!<3 and don't worry, I'm very aware that the casting directors are the one's to make the decision. I was just curious to see what the girls on this thread thought because they seem to know a good bit about face characters.

Thanks Savannah! I'm definitely not giving up anytime soon.

Somebody submitted this to Walt Disney Confessions on Tumblr: Walt Disney Confessions, I work at Team Disney for auditions, and I must say this for the look-a-like girls. We have turned away some gorgeous women, and we've kept what people may consider "plain" girls. The largest size dress we have is 14. The wig

Anonymous whispered, "I work at Team Disney for auditions, and I must say this for the look-a-like girls. We have turned away some gorgeous women, and we've kept what people may consider "plain" girls. The largest size dress we have is 14. The wig and the make-up can change everything you think you look like. NO ONE is too ugly to be a princess. It just depends on who we already have, for consistancy, or who best resembles the drawn model. While not every girl can be a princess, a princess can come from anywhere!"
    That's the first time I've ever heard of the dresses going up to size 14. What's everyone's thoughts on this? I realize anyone could of written that but I thought it was sweet and encouraging.
    Last edited by seasiren; 01-19-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Hi all! I'm new but I've read a good chunk of the thread. What great information and tips! Thanks guys!

Anyway, I am planning to attend the Tinker Bell audition on the 23rd at WDW. Since it is just one character they are hiring for, how do these auditions differ? Is there a different dance involved? Is it just super fast and straight to the point with scripts after the first cut?

Also, are they still doing Tinker Bell's flight during Wishes? If so, who do they cast for that? Is there a separate hiring process for this role or does it come down to seniority, etc?

And finally, (lol) Is there any truth to the rumor that they are eliminating the fairies other than Tink? Tinker Bell to relocate to Magic Kingdom’s Town Square Theater | KennythePirate Disney World Guide I find this disappointing that now there are less characters available for us shorties.

@seasiren - Thanks for the post. It is nice to get a little positivity.
    And btw, I love your pic. I stinkin' love the Frozen girls!

I hope they don't get rid of them because that limits Asian and darker girls to only Tiana and Mulan. I feel like they were just casting for more fairies too. And thank you! I love Frozen too, I'd love to be friends with Anna or Elsa.
    Last edited by seasiren; 01-20-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0vivathevida0 View Post

It may be a Federal law, for the age thing? Due to the new health care plan? I’m not really sure but I know a lot is changing from that.

And for DL, I can only name a few that didn’t make it at their first audition. Most girls were found from “other” auditions (fuzzy, parade) or somewhere random, or got hired only from going to one open call. But if you’re going to the audition like 6-7 times, they do remember who you are. (whether its +/-)
    Huh, interesting.
    Yeah, I'm only planning on going to WDW auditions, but I've heard the type of audition you go to doesn't make much of a difference.

Does anyone know for WDW my original question? If not making it past the first round twice means your pretty much done?
    For WDW
    And if asking them does... anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFrogPrincess View Post
    Hi all! I'm new but I've read a good chunk of the thread. What great information and tips! Thanks guys!

Anyway, I am planning to attend the Tinker Bell audition on the 23rd at WDW. Since it is just one character they are hiring for, how do these auditions differ? Is there a different dance involved? Is it just super fast and straight to the point with scripts after the first cut?

Also, are they still doing Tinker Bell's flight during Wishes? If so, who do they cast for that? Is there a separate hiring process for this role or does it come down to seniority, etc?

And finally, (lol) Is there any truth to the rumor that they are eliminating the fairies other than Tink? Tinker Bell to relocate to Magic Kingdom’s Town Square Theater | KennythePirate Disney World Guide I find this disappointing that now there are less characters available for us shorties.
    I would assume it's all the same. The audition varies more on how many people show up (Lots, they look at you, not that many, they teach you a dance).
    It does say on the website that they measure you before going in. Chances are there will be fewer girls.

Yes, as far as I know Tinkerbell continues to fly during wishes.
    I don't know much about who she hangs out with during this, but it's extremely different, and I'm sure not cast during normal auditions. I've read the first person to do it was a male acrobat.
    It's a skill, not something based mainly off of facial features.

I highly doubt that last one is true. Highly.
    The Tinkerbell characters are very popular, and that theater is HUGE. The princesses not meeting there anymore opens up a ton of room. Why would they devote it to just Tink? What would they do with Pixie Hollow?
    Longer wait times mean it's more popular. It wouldn't make any sense to take away something popular for shorter waits.
    It would be like if they decided to take all the drops out of space mountain so the wait time would be shorter. It would work, but it would be stupid.
    I mean, especially since there's a new movie coming out in the not-to-distant future, which is sure to boost their popularity again.

Quote Originally Posted by nowa View Post
    Huh, interesting.
    Yeah, I'm only planning on going to WDW auditions, but I've heard the type of audition you go to doesn't make much of a difference.

Does anyone know for WDW my original question? If not making it past the first round twice means your pretty much done?
    For WDW
    And if asking them does... anything.
    Are you asking about not making it past the first round twice whether you should stop auditioning? If that is indeed what you're asking - no, it does not mean you're done, it could very well be bad timing. I know a girl who auditioned 10 times before being cast, and she was cut at the first round for 8 out of 10 of those auditions. She's a beautiful girl who definitely has the "face character look", and she is friends with two lovely ladies now. I wouldn't give up if you're cut, even if you're cut multiple times…a lot of it could be timing. That being said - timing is important, but timing is not everything, despite what some people say. If you do not have the type of face that they need (that does NOT mean that you are ugly or anything less than beautiful…they look for very specific face shapes/structures/features/etc) then not much else matters…having the right look that they need is crucial…but sometimes you might have the right look that they need for another character that they aren't casting yet…or in 3 years from now they may have a whole new slew of friends of a certain character, and you might look just like all those friends, and that could be your time to be cast. Having the right look is super important, don't get me wrong, but you never know when they might need your look…so I certainly wouldn't stop after just 2 auditions! PM me if you have more specific questions, nowa [Hope I somewhat answered what you're asking]

Quote Originally Posted by savannahmae95 View Post
    Are you asking about not making it past the first round twice whether you should stop auditioning? If that is indeed what you're asking - no, it does not mean you're done, it could very well be bad timing. I know a girl who auditioned 10 times before being cast, and she was cut at the first round for 8 out of 10 of those auditions. She's a beautiful girl who definitely has the "face character look", and she is friends with two lovely ladies now. I wouldn't give up if you're cut, even if you're cut multiple times…a lot of it could be timing. That being said - timing is important, but timing is not everything, despite what some people say. If you do not have the type of face that they need (that does NOT mean that you are ugly or anything less than beautiful…they look for very specific face shapes/structures/features/etc) then not much else matters…having the right look that they need is crucial…but sometimes you might have the right look that they need for another character that they aren't casting yet…or in 3 years from now they may have a whole new slew of friends of a certain character, and you might look just like all those friends, and that could be your time to be cast. Having the right look is super important, don't get me wrong, but you never know when they might need your look…so I certainly wouldn't stop after just 2 auditions! PM me if you have more specific questions, nowa [Hope I somewhat answered what you're asking]
    Thank you so so much for all of this. And the rest of the info.
    I mean, I knew that they're always looking for different characters, but I haven't really thought about how the way the girls look slowly evolves.
    Very helpful, and I may be attending the February audition
    You're super sweet

Haven't posted in this thread in forever, but.... I sure love coming back to read it. It's super nice seeing everyone encourage each other to never give up hope and keep on auditioning and believing in yourself because... well... dreams can very well come true. You just never know when. I was watching A Little Princess last night (one of my favorite movies) and thought I'd share this quote in case some of you haven't heard of it or want to hear it again:

I am a Princess.
    All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics.
    Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty,
    or smart, or young. They're still princesses. All of us.

You are all beautiful and no matter what happens with these face character auditions, you're still princesses. If you are a girl go ahead and believe in that if you choose to. You don't have to show it... just know that you are someone very special inside.

This might be a little off topic, but I recently heard two face characters from WDW were indeed engaged: Belle and Prince Charming! I just think that that's so adorable - a real life fairy tale come to life.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFrogPrincess View Post

Hi! My cousin is a casting director, has been for a while. This is in regards of the Wishes subject. Yes, they do cast for it, but I think there is a certain qualification for stunts you would need, same as if you were to perform on the stage show or the motorcycle shows. They don't look at face for it. He said they've had males and people with darker skin for example fly on the wire, but the only main concern is weight. You must not exceed 100 lbs. (I may be a little off considering the wings weigh 20-40, but I'll check.) I have never read about that specific audition ever on the calendar. It may not be open to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by morgue View Post
    Hi! My cousin is a casting director, has been for a while. This is in regards of the Wishes subject. Yes, they do cast for it, but I think there is a certain qualification for stunts you would need, same as if you were to perform on the stage show or the motorcycle shows. They don't look at face for it. He said they've had males and people with darker skin for example fly on the wire, but the only main concern is weight. You must not exceed 100 lbs. (I may be a little off considering the wings weigh 20-40, but I'll check.) I have never read about that specific audition ever on the calendar. It may not be open to the public.
    Thanks for the info! That's what a figured, but since I have some aerial experience I would love to do something like that at WDW. I had a friend who did some aerial work at Universal and am incredibly jealous lol

• second star to the right.

Hi guys, my names Kimberly(: I have a character audition on Sunday (ahhh, so exciting!), and I've been devouring this thread. A lot of you seem really knowledgeable, and I figured instead of just wondering, I'd ask what you thought!
    I'm 5'2 (MAYBE 5'3 on a good day), so I think I'm too short for the princesses, which is a bummer. I'd be ecstatic with any character, though. These pictures are of me:

Basically, I just want to know if you guys think I have a chance, and if so, for what characters. Thank you guys(: sorry the pictures are so big :/

I wish someone could tell you but we never can know what casting is looking for!! Best of luck on Sunday! Let us know how it goes