Page 492 of 547 FirstFirst ... 392442467482489490491492493494495502517542 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 8204

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Aw I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your family member has a safe surgery and speedy recovery!

Hey folks! I'm going to be attending a Disneyland Paris audition for characters and parade performers in two weeks, and I'm ridiculously excited! I've found some pretty detailed descriptions of the audition itself online, but I'm wondering if any of you who have attended any sort of Disney audition before have any advice. I'm 5'7" and according to DLP's Princess size chart, I'm eligible for Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel, if that makes a difference in what advice I need! Merci!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MadAboutMickey View Post
    Hey folks! I'm going to be attending a Disneyland Paris audition for characters and parade performers in two weeks, and I'm ridiculously excited! I've found some pretty detailed descriptions of the audition itself online, but I'm wondering if any of you who have attended any sort of Disney audition before have any advice. I'm 5'7" and according to DLP's Princess size chart, I'm eligible for Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel, if that makes a difference in what advice I need! Merci!
    I've auditioned for Disneyland Paris before. My best advice is to be big and animated and have fun and don't be embarrassed

Thanks! I've been looking forward to going to a character audition for YEARS, but I live near Seattle so there's never any that I can attend. Now that I'm studying abroad in Paris, my dream is coming true! I have a background in improv and theater-type stuff, so I'm hoping I can just channel that and not let the nerves and anticipation get the best of me!

Do you happen to remember what type of people they put through? I know it's different every time, depending on what they're looking for, but was there a pattern you noticed by chance?

I went to a Disneyland Paris audition and made it through the first round! Lol basically..you need to be a triple threat. They tell you there that you won't only be one thing, you will be a fuzzy, a face character, and a parade performer. So you need to be able to animate, dance, and have the look. They say online they want basic dance skills, but the really are looking for more intermediate/advanced dancers to be honest. Good luck!

Yeesh, yikes, okay. I did dance for like ten years when I was younger, but it's been ages since I took a dance class. I found some video clips of Paris auditions online and the dance looks pretty basic and do-able. I'll just try to be as big and cheesy and enthusiastic as possible, I think. Was your audition in the states or in Europe? Because I've read that at European auditions there are three types of contracts they offer - Character, Character/Parade, and Face Character, meaning you wouldn't necessarily HAVE to be a perfect triple-threat. I wonder if in the US Paris auditions they are just more picky, since they'd be paying to bring these people to Paris.

• Minion

Yeesh, yikes, okay. I did dance for like ten years when I was younger, but it's been ages since I took a dance class. I found some video clips of Paris auditions online and the dance looks pretty basic and do-able. I'll just try to be as big and cheesy and enthusiastic as possible, I think. Was your audition in the states or in Europe? Because I've read that at European auditions there are three types of contracts they offer - Character, Character/Parade, and Face Character, meaning you wouldn't necessarily HAVE to be a perfect triple-threat. I wonder if in the US Paris auditions they are just more picky, since they'd be paying to bring these people to Paris.
    I audition in England so I'm not sure how different it is but with us they said don't worry if you can't dance because not everyone does costumed characters, face and parades. Basically everyone does costumed/fuzzy characters, then some people do parades too and then face characters do all three. But I've no idea what the auditions are like in other places, sorry! I've never really noticed a pattern with who they've picked, obviously the people who maybe were a bit shy and weren't going 100% didn't get through, but I can't say I've ever noticed a pattern. Just be original and be big and hope for the best

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by alessa View Post
    I went to a Disneyland Paris audition and made it through the first round! Lol basically..you need to be a triple threat. They tell you there that you won't only be one thing, you will be a fuzzy, a face character, and a parade performer. So you need to be able to animate, dance, and have the look. They say online they want basic dance skills, but the really are looking for more intermediate/advanced dancers to be honest. Good luck!
    Wow, great info

Oh, okay, I see. I hope I can at LEAST get a fuzzy! The audition was an invitation-only type of thing, so I sent in my resume and headshot on a whim thinking that it would be fun to try. I got the invitation the next day, and since then I have been utterly OBSESSING. I'm worried that I am getting my expectations up too high and that I'm going to walk away with no offer and be crushed! It's tricky to find a good balance between going in confident and at the same time having a realistic expectation that things might not go my way.

Where did you find this size chart? Do you have a link?

Last edited by WDIShowWriter; 04-08-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Yes I auditioned in the US! You are right, it is probably a lot more strict because they are paying for people to come over. They want to make sure you can do anything. Our dance was intermediate i'd say.. it would have been a lot easier if it was a tad slower but it was REALLY fast paced. But it is probably different in europe!

Quote Originally Posted by WDIShowWriter View Post
    Thanks! I'm auditioning again for the college program here in New York on March 9. I made it all the way to filming last year.

I'm about 5'2", sometimes 5'3" on a good day, with a whole bunch of dance and musical theatre in my background.

I'll link to pictures in a bit if anyone can tell me who they think I might be right for!
    Ah I just scheduled my phone interview for the DCP and I realllllyyy want to audition. I just don't know if there's any way I can get to an audition this time around :\

Quote Originally Posted by WDIShowWriter View Post
    Where did you find this size chart? Do you have a link?
    Here's a posting for an audition they're having in England! Click the link "Cliquez ici" to open the PDF to see the sizes for the princesses. It's all in French and in centimeters, but it's pretty clear, I think. Casting spectacle en Angleterre / Actualités / Disneyland Paris Casting - Disneyland Paris

I'll post here after I attend my audition to let you all know what it was like! I've done obsessive amounts of research on it so I'm pretty sure I know what I can expect at this point, but I'm trying to just be prepared for anything! Whatever happens, I'll just keep smiling, haha.
    Last edited by MadAboutMickey; 02-07-2014 at 12:54 AM.