Page 493 of 536 FirstFirst ... 393443468483490491492493494495496503518 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 8039

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Will anyone be going to the auditions Feb 13th?

I'm going on the 13th!! So is savannahmae95 !

Oh very cool! I'm actually driving 6 hours by myself. It would be great to see some familiar faces!

How exciting! Let's meet up for sure!

Yep I'll be there!

Hey everyone

I've been reading through this and a lot of it has been very helpful!
    I'm from the UK and for a long time have wanted to be a face character. I've been to an audition for Disneyland Paris in the past and am planning to go to the next ones in March. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know if WDW or DLR have ever hired for character performers from outside the US? It would be an absolute dream to work for one of those parks, but the distance itself is problematic enough!

Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated

So let's talk character integrity. Do the casting directors see birthday party performers as an insult to character integrity? Would being one hurt my chances of getting a face character role? I only ask because I'm too young to audition right now and would like to practice in some way. One of the only ways I can think of to do that is by getting a job as a birthday party princess.

Any input is appreciated!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by queenofarendelle View Post
    So let's talk character integrity. Do the casting directors see birthday party performers as an insult to character integrity? Would being one hurt my chances of getting a face character role? I only ask because I'm too young to audition right now and would like to practice in some way. One of the only ways I can think of to do that is by getting a job as a birthday party princess.

I wouldn't say that you did any Disney characters at a birthday party, but saying you had performed as an original character at parties would probably help you. I'm not 100% at all though, this is just me guessing.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyGloves View Post
    Hey everyone

I've been reading through this and a lot of it has been very helpful!
    I'm from the UK and for a long time have wanted to be a face character. I've been to an audition for Disneyland Paris in the past and am planning to go to the next ones in March. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know if WDW or DLR have ever hired for character performers from outside the US? It would be an absolute dream to work for one of those parks, but the distance itself is problematic enough!

Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated
    Hate the trample on your dreams but DLR and WDW have never auditioned outside the US. You could possibly go onto the WDW International College program and become a character at WDW though. However I think you only audition once you are already there and if you don't pass the audition get given another role as where in the park, such as working a ride or a store. I'm not too up to date on my International Program knowledge, but have a look around here Disney International Program Home | Jobs and Careers

Aha that's okay, my hopes weren't high for them auditioning outside the US. Thanks for the link to the international programs though!

A girl I know worked for a company that does princess parties, and she was just hired as a friend of a character by Disney, so I wouldn't worry about it!

Quote Originally Posted by queenofarendelle View Post

Hey, girl! Saw your post and thought I'd share this with you!

I have done birthday parties (not MANY, but just enough ). I just bought the costume on a whim and decided to give it a go. Since doing this, marketing myself to moms around town, and even just wearing the dress while I'm cleaning the house in character, has helped me TREMENDOUSLY with my confidence in performance and my ability to get into and truly understand the character. I'd say go for it, especially if you want to gain priceless experience and build up your confidence, not just your resume.

My best advice: borrow the dress from your favorite friend, and jump in feet first! It will help you, and bring so much joy to little girls (and boys!) who may not be able to make it to Disney just yet! It will bring you so much joy too! Trust me. There is magic to be made wherever there's a will to make it.

PM me if you'd like to know more, or would like help getting started!!! I would be so happy to help you.

Thank you, all of you! I think that I'll apply for one of my local princess party companies as soon as I get my license.

Also Snow, I'm sending you a PM!

With the Star Wars Weekends auditions coming up, does anyone know the height ranges for each specific character? (Amidala, Ahsoka, etc)

Ahsoka Tano's best friends are usually good friends with Wendy, so she's around 5'1-5'3.

Amidala and Leia's friends are also friends with princesses, so around 5'4-5'7. Zam Wessel usually falls in this as well. Aurra Singh is around 5'10-6'0.
    Dream a dream, a fantastical wish.