Page 5 of 539 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105505 ... LastLast

• I'm Wishing...

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Another reason why I'm a bit unsure if I should try it. You can have a great face but if your body shape doesn't fit in any of the dresses then you're... out.
    What I've heard is that they actually have dress sizes up to a 10. They don't want super skinny girls; Disney hopes that girls who idolize their princesses see that you don't have to be a size 0 to be beautiful. They don't even carry a 0 dress size! You should go, you'll shine no matter what- just look at that pretty face!
    I truly wish I could go for it this year!! If only I were 18 already!

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    That is so cool! How they do like wigs and makeup and all.
    What's story telling like? I know i'm asking like a lot of question but im just curious
    like do you know what they have you do or say?
    I would think it would be something like the storytelling they used to have at the Princess Fantasy Faire, where the characters tell their stories. But I'm wondering if it might not be so straight forward; it might just be a random story about rescuing a kitten from a tree, or something else equally princess-like. =P Who knows? But since it IS story-telling I guess they obviously want to see if you can believably tell a story in a princessy fashion.

• Sock Puppet

Hm confused. Princesses are the ones who story tell not Alice or anything. So.. what do the short people who are hoping to be alice/wendy/tink have to do? Instead of storytelling do they make them do something else during the audition process?

• I'm Wishing...

I think they have everyone do storytelling regardless, to get a sense of their acting... But that's a really good question! =P I know that everyone does the initial first round, gets wigged, does movement, and pantomimes a short scene, but I'm pretty sure everyone tells a story as well...
    It probably is a non-generic story then. instead of being specific to a certain princess maybe the script is about catching a butterfly... Or something =P
    All it takes is a dream and a wish!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    I think they have everyone do storytelling regardless, to get a sense of their acting... But that's a really good question! =P I know that everyone does the initial first round, gets wigged, does movement, and pantomimes a short scene, but I'm pretty sure everyone tells a story as well...
    It probably is a non-generic story then. instead of being specific to a certain princess maybe the script is about catching a butterfly... Or something =P
    Oh got it!
    How are you supposed to tell a story about those things! Haha that's so hard on the spot. Maybe they would just make us do something less hard then making up a story! I hope. I really want someone whos been like through the audition to tell us what they do! That would help

• I'm Wishing...

Oh got it!
    How are you supposed to tell a story about those things! Haha that's so hard on the spot. Maybe they would just make us do something less hard then making up a story! I hope. I really want someone whos been like through the audition to tell us what they do! That would help
    Me too! That would be the best way... I wish the current princesses could tell us exactly what happens in the auditions!! But they caaaan't. =( We sort of have to rely on the Mice Chat community, which is really hard considering the majority haven't gone the whole way through. =( They sound difficult!

• Sock Puppet

Me too! That would be the best way... I wish the current princesses could tell us exactly what happens in the auditions!! But they caaaan't. =( We sort of have to rely on the Mice Chat community, which is really hard considering the majority haven't gone the whole way through. =( They sound difficult!
    So true! My sister's considering going for an audition. She looks like belle, so she thinks it would be a great job. So if she goes, and makes it through, she can tell me how it goes, then i'll share it with you! True, but I want this job so bad. I'm going to go for it when the time comes Who do you want to be?

• I'm Wishing...

So true! My sister's considering going for an audition. She looks like belle, so she thinks it would be a great job. So if she goes, and makes it through, she can tell me how it goes, then i'll share it with you! True, but I want this job so bad. I'm going to go for it when the time comes Who do you want to be?
    Ahh, you just gave me chills =P Haha! I'm already nervous! =P
    Oh gosh anyone! For the longest time I thought it was only Belle, but now I just love Cinderella and Ariel, too. I would just love to be Alice or Snow White, but they are usually the smaller ones. =( But I just want to be SOMEONE! =P Who do you want to be? I can't even decide! =P

Oh my goodness! Best of luck to your sister!! =D That would be amazing but if she signs a contract then we can't tell =P I want it so badly, too. I just can't wait to audition!

The storytelling is sort of a mash-up of dialogue from the movie for that specific character. I'm not sure about everything Alice says, but it starts off with her "If I had a world of my own nothing would be what it is and everything would be what it isn't. And contrarywise..." I think it was about half a page. So I would recommend being familiar with what your character says so you won't have to rely too much on the page and can more easily improv upon the basic idea of the script. Keep in mind, they may always see you as a different character than you anticipated and you may have to do the storytelling of someone you haven't prepared for.

• Sock Puppet

Ahh, you just gave me chills =P Haha! I'm already nervous! =P
    Oh gosh anyone! For the longest time I thought it was only Belle, but now I just love Cinderella and Ariel, too. I would just love to be Alice or Snow White, but they are usually the smaller ones. =( But I just want to be SOMEONE! =P Who do you want to be? I can't even decide! =P

Oh my goodness! Best of luck to your sister!! =D That would be amazing but if she signs a contract then we can't tell =P I want it so badly, too. I just can't wait to audition!
    Ahh yes for sure Now i'm thankful i'm 4'11 growing to 5'0 or 5'1 it qualify's me for alice! How tall are you ?!
    So i'd love to be alice/wendy or possibly tink. I know that if your cast as any one of them, you switch off. especially between alice and wendy.

yeahh thanks! I don't know when she'll go but yeah. i know huh
    When we're both old enough, we should audition at the same time. I mean, it would be good to know someone there! Relieve the nervousness. None of my friends want to do it. I can't seem why. It's a dream job!
    Last edited by Alice in Wonderland; 04-30-2009 at 06:18 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by lunastarshine View Post
    The storytelling is sort of a mash-up of dialogue from the movie for that specific character. I'm not sure about everything Alice says, but it starts off with her "If I had a world of my own nothing would be what it is and everything would be what it isn't. And contrarywise..." I think it was about half a page. So I would recommend being familiar with what your character says so you won't have to rely too much on the page and can more easily improv upon the basic idea of the script. Keep in mind, they may always see you as a different character than you anticipated and you may have to do the storytelling of someone you haven't prepared for.
    Oh that helps. Great info I have that little alice quote memorized. I have it as my signature hahah. But half a page, dang that's a bit long.

• The Pirate Girl

I hope you gals do well when you audition! After I graduate next year, I'm going to move to LA/Anaheim and hopefully get a job at the park. And I'm hoping to be a villain. Because I'm the right height for most of the female villains I think.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

I have that little alice quote memorized. I have it as my signature hahah. But half a page, dang that's a bit long.
    Haha, you do, I hadn't noticed that. It is kind of long, I guess they figure you don't need to memorize it since you have to script in your hands, though I'm sure they look more favorably on people who don't need to keep their eyes glued to the page. So as long as you know the movie well, I'm sure you'll be fine with whatever they put into the script. There's also a good chance the scripts might change over the next few years. I have heard for either the Cruise Line or Tokyo, can't remember which, you got to choose any character and then make up your own story as that character. So, it can't hurt to have some creative story ready to tell in case they ask it of you.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalSkye View Post
    I hope you gals do well when you audition! After I graduate next year, I'm going to move to LA/Anaheim and hopefully get a job at the park. And I'm hoping to be a villain. Because I'm the right height for most of the female villains I think.
    Oh thank you very much! Oh that would be so fun, a villian I hope you get the job! Good luck!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by lunastarshine View Post
    Haha, you do, I hadn't noticed that. It is kind of long, I guess they figure you don't need to memorize it since you have to script in your hands, though I'm sure they look more favorably on people who don't need to keep their eyes glued to the page. So as long as you know the movie well, I'm sure you'll be fine with whatever they put into the script. There's also a good chance the scripts might change over the next few years. I have heard for either the Cruise Line or Tokyo, can't remember which, you got to choose any character and then make up your own story as that character. So, it can't hurt to have some creative story ready to tell in case they ask it of you.
    That's the only thing that gets me nervous. Making up stories and all. It seems tough. I hope they just have us say lines