Page 513 of 536 FirstFirst ... 13413463488503510511512513514515516523 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 8038

• Tink

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hey guys! So I need your advice and opinion!

Disney posted an audition for next month on the 15th. They are only seeking part time employment though. However, I feel like it could be easy to move up to full time eventually and I hear people relieve their shifts a lot. I'm sorta tight on money but...this is my DREAM.

I'm trying to convince my friends from my last audition to come with so we can have a fun road trip and all pitch in for gas/hotel.

I feel in theory it could be worth it if we were to be cast because the cost of living really isnt high in Florida (especially compared to where I live now) and I think theres opportunity to move up to full time if they really want me/us! And if needed, I could always pick up a second job. So what do you think? do I go for it? Or is it really not worth the expense?

Also, I put on my application at my previous audition that I was interested in working part time as well as full time... and alas, I still haven't heard anything. I already know the answer is "don't do it"- but my gosh I really want to email them a friendly reminder that I am interested in part time and ask the status of my audition! ughhh /:

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTinkTX View Post
    Hey guys! So I need your advice and opinion!

Disney posted an audition for next month on the 15th. They are only seeking part time employment though. However, I feel like it could be easy to move up to full time eventually and I hear people relieve their shifts a lot. I'm sorta tight on money but...this is my DREAM.

I'm trying to convince my friends from my last audition to come with so we can have a fun road trip and all pitch in for gas/hotel.

I feel in theory it could be worth it if we were to be cast because the cost of living really isnt high in Florida (especially compared to where I live now) and I think theres opportunity to move up to full time if they really want me/us! And if needed, I could always pick up a second job. So what do you think? do I go for it? Or is it really not worth the expense?

Also, I put on my application at my previous audition that I was interested in working part time as well as full time... and alas, I still haven't heard anything. I already know the answer is "don't do it"- but my gosh I really want to email them a friendly reminder that I am interested in part time and ask the status of my audition! ughhh /:

After graduation I am possibly looking to move to Orlando with my boyfriend. I am not sure what the cost of living is where you live, but Orlando is pretty high compared to where I live. We are estimating to pay no less than 850 just for rent which wouldn't include any utilities. The only reason why I am taking the leap to move to that area is because I know that he can easily find a good paying job within his field (engineering) to support the increased expense. A friend of mine did the Disney CP and wanted to move back if she was accepted into a entertainment role. After looking at place around Kissimmee and Orlando, she computed her rent ( no utilities) as roughly $400 and that was with 3 roommates.
    I'm a pretty conservative person when it comes to finances (my major) and I would say that if you did do it, make sure you have all of your ducks in a row concerning how much you can (realistically) afford to pay calculating in money for emergencies or any added expense that may occur. By all means it wouldn't hurt to audition if you can, but I wouldn't put too much into being able to work a second job. It is possible that you will either end up being worked to death between your second job and your Disney job, or you will always be sacrificing your second job for your Disney job, which may not fly with the management at the second job.
    If anything, they probably wouldn't mind if you emailed them to see what kind of turnaround time you could possibly see between getting cast as a part-time position and then transferred to a full time one. I also wouldn't count on being switched because they specifically put on the audition description that it is for a part-time position ONLY. Please do not attend this audition if you cannot maintain this work status. I am really not trying to be pessimistic toward your dream, but please do not get yourself in a financial bind that could haunt you for years to come just to work for Disney part-time if you really need full-time.
    Last edited by Mouseketeerelle; 04-28-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Unfortunately it takes a good majority of cast members several months or even years to get full time :/
    Dream a dream, a fantastical wish.

So on a scale of one to ten, how awful is it for me to hope that the other girls don't work out, or that they didn't find enough people? Haha hoping, waiting, praying for another audition to pop up :P

^ lol don't worry. I'm always surprised at the lack of Wendy auditions. I'd figure that because she does Dream Along with Mickey, the FOF parade and meet & greets they need more of her but I always see Alice & Tink auditions instead.

Also, did they increase Alice's height? I though her maximum was 5'1 but now the website is saying 5'2-5'4. Why would Alice be taller than some princesses?

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdisneygirl View Post
    Also, did they increase Alice's height? I though her maximum was 5'1 but now the website is saying 5'2-5'4. Why would Alice be taller than some princesses?
    That's what I was thinking too. I was excited to see an Alice audition but disappointed that I was too short now! I could have sworn it was 5' or 5' 1" since I'm somewhere between there.

At disneyland Alice is in the 4'11" - 5'2" range. At disneyworld it is 5'2" - 5'4". Maybe they dont have as many short girls in florida. Lol

Sometimes I feel like they list Alice and they mean Wendy.. does that make sense? Shes never been posted on what they're looking for since I've been looking at the site.. weird! Also, a friend of Alices told me Alices can be anywhere from around 4'11-5'4! She herself is Disney height 5'2 but actually 5'4, and knows of several Alice friends under 5'0!
    Dream a dream, a fantastical wish.

Hi everyone! I've been following this thread FOREVER! However, I now have a chance to become a face character! I'm attending college in Florida on a full ride scholarship next year and plan to apply for the DCP as soon as I can! I also hope to audition while in that process. I'd love love love to be Ariel, or anyone to be quite honest. However, I'm 5'11". Also, I heard face characters have to have perfect hair and teeth. My teeth are straight and white but I do have a calcium spot on one, and my skin is pretty clear but I get occasional blemishes. I'll add some pictures of myself. I was wondering if all you lovely people could tell me:
    1. Do I have any shot at being one? You can be honest!
    2. Does my height rule out me ever being a princess? Could I be, say Anastasia or Drizella instead?
    3. Who do I look most like?
    4. How should I prepare?
    5'11. 128lbs. Blue/green eyes. Hair length and color changes.
    Name:  533743_1408415256047374_329645151_n.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  52.0 KB
    !Name:  dis2.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  60.3 KBName:  dis5.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  54.6 KBThanks so much!

You're super pretty May! Your best bet is to just go to that audition and see what happens! Only the casting team knows for sure who you could hang around with at the parks

Heeey Mermaid wooow
    For me, and it's just my opinion, you have a super "fairy face". Too bad you are 5'11.
    But don't misunderstand me, like some people tell me: "so many girls would like to be as tall as you are".
    More than pretty what I see when I look at your pictures is the Disney feeling hahaha I mean, I don't know why, but it feels like this because of ... the way you smile? I don't know hahaha but trust me it gives me that feeling.
    Well I have no idea with whom you would be good friends. But I'm sure here are some people that can help with it. Anyways, if you don't take count on your height, in my opinion, you look totally like a princess.
    I've never auditioned for the parks (I'm planning to do it) but I think they won't take count even won't notice that little calcium spot in your teeth (I have a little scar on my face and i'm so concerned about it too), but i'm sure they won't cut you because of this little thing (most because usually only us see that little things).

Last thing I have to say (why I always write that much? hahaha):
    GO AND STEAL THAT AUDITION!! hahaha

Don't think your height will stop you on your way to get your dream come true. Yes, maybe it can be a little too tall but ... If they have this inch rule and moreover then they measure you under your real height well ...
    Anyways if you have everything (grace, smile ...) they maybe can take you as a princess for parades or maybe they need a person with long legs to be friends with Ariel ... who knows
    And if not ... just apply for other type of characters ... Characters with no identity, fur characters (they also play a big part on making memories and probably you have more fun portraying them than being a perfect princess)...

LET'S GO FOR IT GIRL!!

(I'm also planning to audition but not this year ... as I'm fixing my teeth and finishing my courses at university. Oooh and I'm 5'9 and also worried about my height uuuhm.)

Mermaid may! I can totally see you being friends with many princess's! You have the look! With that being said...I'm going to be honest with you. Your height is going to limit you unfortunately. Yes, sometimes they will fudge with your height if you are perfect for the role, but that is usually only in cases if a girl is around 5'8 or 5'9 at the most. The reason for this is because all of the dresses are already made and the longest dress they will have will be f

Sorry accidentally posted because I finished.. For girls who are 5'7. Plus you will be wearing character heels which are either 1 or 2 inches. So in your case the dress would be way too short. BUT there are face roles for taller girls that include cruella and the evil queen! Maybe not be your top roles but they would still be quite fun to play go and audition! See what happens! You never know what projects they have up their sleeve that you could be perfect for. Like I said, you have the look! Good luck

One question: I'm 5'8-5'9 (depends on shoes, not shoes ... without shoes it's more like 5'8) would it be taken as special consideration on the princesses' height range?

Oh and Alessa I've been reading this thread for a long time and I find your comments very interesting (?, don't know if it is the word that matches better with what I want to say ... but well you know what I mean hahaha)
    Nice to "meet" you
    Last edited by MeryAR; 04-29-2014 at 11:26 PM.

• Tink

Thanks for the opinions guys! It's certainly not a financial struggle if i move to Florida compared to where I am now. A one bedroom or a studio where I live costs well over $1,000- and it won't be a brand new place. I'm certainly not a child, have had two contract apartments and a full time job now. The struggle I spoke of would concern the traveling expense if I go by myself to the audition. Not living there. Which is why I've chosen to attend the auditions this summer for full time roles. I'm not opppised to part time either because I can work two jobs just fine. I'm used to burdens, responsibilities- whatever you wanna call them. I'm a hard worker which is why I don't fear the struggle of being part time.

I appreciate y'all's inputs!!