Page 524 of 536 FirstFirst ... 24424474499514521522523524525526527534 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 8040

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

So good to see your posts on here again, harpist! I always find them incredibly informative and helpful, as I'm sure everyone else does too.

I want to go to the July 20 audition so badly. I know the odds of getting it are slim to none but if I could just get down to California I'd go for it. My birthday is on the day of the callbacks. Anyone going?

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    (Definitely just spent five minutes looking for a "like" button before realizing I'm not on Tumblr or Facebook!)
    We should meet up! I technically still have to get permission from work to go, but there shouldn't be any reason for them to deny it. I've never been to a Chicago audition but I heard (and assume so) that they're huge!
    Haha, I've done that before too. We should definitely meet up! I also need to ask off work to go but I also doubt there will be a problem. I was actually at the last Chicago audition in March and it wasn't very big, only about 50ish people showed up. However this one could be quite different.

Hello everyone! I've been following this thread for awhile now...have been too lazy to make an account and i read like 114 pages (lol no life) but hi I'm Cheyenne! I love Disney and my knowledge of being a Face Character is very very large as I am good friends with people who are "friends" with characters such as, Alice, Ariel, and Rapunzel. I am NOT like every other girl here dying to be a princess as I was last year but now am thinking of something a bit more fun. My main goals are Merida from Brave, Drizella from Cinderella, Cruella De Vil, Tinkerbell, Alice and or Wendy. I shall post a picture of myself on here a bit later but I'd just like to make my fabulous entrance to mice chat finally.

disneydreamer: thank you so much! Most of the information I have came from people who were nice enough to share it with me so I like paying it forward!
    mollymakesmagic: It's a small one?! That is so exciting! I went to Columbus over a year ago and there were 200ish. That first cut was brutal! I like the smaller auditions better because they are actually able to watch you.
    colorsofthewxnd: I would love to be one of the stepsisters! I would pick up shifts in Fantasyland whenever I could just so I could watch them. Cruella DeVil would be fun too. I don't know about DLR, but at WDW she's only out for the Halloween parties and it's such a tragedy.

Yes! I remember when i was little I'd force my parents to take me there just to see Cruella... I'm only 5'5" currently but I wanna grow so i can play Mary Poppins. She's been a dream forever. All my friends say i have one of those faces that just resembles every female character haha

Hello everyone!

It's nice to be back on MiceChat and see this wonderful thread so active and thriving. Like everyone, I have a couple burning questions about face character auditions. I apologize if any of these have already been addressed -- it's a pretty big conversation to sift through

Firstly, for the past three years I have been working as a princess entertainer for a company that primarily does children's parties. I dress up as Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel, etc. and basically face paint, sing, and entertain kids. It's a really incredible experience and has gotten me used to staying in character and answering all sorts of crazy questions from kids without faltering from princessiness, so if I ever auditioned to be a face character, I would definitely want to mention the fact that I have experience. The huge problem, though, is that my company is not licensed by Disney, and even if it were, they might not want to hire somebody who has been trained by someone else. Any thoughts on this? Maybe mention being a party entertainer, but omit the princess part?

The other issue is that I am 5'9". I have resigned myself to the fact that I'm almost definitely too tall to be friends with a princess, but I think it would be equally fun to get cast as a villain. My only dilemma with that is that if I were going into a princess audition, I would be carrying myself and speaking in a VERY different manner than if I knew I was auditioning for a villain part. If I go into a casting call and expect to be booted because of my height, should I just try to act bubbly/princessy anyway and possibly be pulled as a villain because of my height and features? Or should I go in intending to be considered as a villain, and try to showcase my intimidating and creepy side (haha.)

One more question, height related - do Anastasia and Drizella have set heights?

Okay, sorry for the long reply. Thanks for reading!

While I don't know how much individual casting directors consider it in their hiring decisions, the Disney company makes its policies on intellectual property theft, copyright infringement, and conflict of interest extremely clear. Now obviously the company as whole is far more concerned about the financial impact of media piracy than princess parties, which probably do not prevent people from buying theme park tickets, but that doesn't mean they don't retain the legal option to send many party companies cease-and-desist letters. Would you mention in a regular job interview that you have experience selling unauthorized merchandise of that company's brands? I would not bring up party experience at all. Personally, I wouldn't even work as a party princess while continuing to audition or work for Disney, but more than a handful of people do.

For normal park characters, I don't think work experience has any huge bearing on your chances. I suspect the brief interviews they conduct during auditions are much more focused on evaluating your attitude than your resume. Relevant performing experience on a resume can't hurt--UNLESS it brings up that intellectual property issue.

You should go into the audition as (your best professional version of) yourself. There's no reason to act as any certain character because you have no way of knowing for sure what they might be considering you for. Just smile, be polite and friendly, and act like someone who can do the job. Definitely don't try to act intimidating

All of the look-alikes have set heights that have been known to fluctuate in practice. I've only met friends of those two around 5'4"ish to 5'7" though.
    the-american-mystery-deepens.tumblr.com

dansunsomeil: girl i'm sorry but if you have the height and can act as a villain you sure as hell better go for it because you'd be great! Also, Disney wouldn't know if you worked for princess parties because they say if you bring a resume it'll just sit in their desk. They do not care for resumes so you're good!

I love acting sinister, haha!

As far as the princess party experience goes, do you think I should still omit it if eventually interviewing/auditioning for the College Program? (In which case I'd be way more likely to be accepted in a role other than entertainment.) If this is steering a little off topic, I apologize. I just mean that that is one case of auditioning for face where they would definitely ask about relevant experience and such.

I actually did the CP a few times and went their auditions a lot. It is mostly set up as a fur audition, where they have you do a dance and animations. They again do not take your resume for that nor do they ask about experience. Disney, in all honesty, does not care if you have experience or not, unless you are going for an equity role (where you sing). For a regular meet and greet character, they only care about what you can do at the audition. Shows and parades are casted based on what you do after they finish training you. They don't even take professional headshots of you at the auditions. They will take their own though. For the CP, you can upload a resume online but they will even tell you that they probably won't look at it. I uploaded a resume for costuming and was accepted for merchandise.
    I would recommend going to the audition acting like yourself. Do not act sinister. They will instantly cut you. They want to see you having fun and interacting with others. Even though you are the perfect height for villains, the majority of them only come out for the Halloween parties. Lady Tremaine is the only face villain I can think out that's out during the majority of the year. With that being said, you will be doing fur 90% of the time. I'm not sure of the exact height break downs, but I know Tigger and Goofy are both up there. Since you'll be hanging out with them more, Disney is going to want to make sure you can bring those characters to life before a villain. After getting pulled, wigged, and asked to read from a villain script, being able to act sinister without being scary (comically sinister) would just be the icing on the cake for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dansunsomeil View Post
    I love acting sinister, haha!

As far as the princess party experience goes, do you think I should still omit it if eventually interviewing/auditioning for the College Program? (In which case I'd be way more likely to be accepted in a role other than entertainment.) If this is steering a little off topic, I apologize. I just mean that that is one case of auditioning for face where they would definitely ask about relevant experience and such.

I think I'm going to the Chicago one next month as well!

I have a few questions, how long are auditions typically? I know it depends on how many people are there but do the casting directors typically take their time? The audition starts at 3 so I was wondering because I'm worried it's going to end late.

Also, what kind of photos do they take of you if you make it to the end? (close up, profile etc.) I'm worried about my profile tbh

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdisneygirl View Post
    I think I'm going to the Chicago one next month as well!

I have a few questions, how long are auditions typically? I know it depends on how many people are there but do the casting directors typically take their time? The audition starts at 3 so I was wondering because I'm worried it's going to end late.

Also, what kind of photos do they take of you if you make it to the end? (close up, profile etc.) I'm worried about my profile tbh
    Hi! I went to the last Chicago audition. It was pretty short since not a lot of people were there (50ish?) but then again I got cut so I'm not sure how long it took for those who continued on. I'm also a little worried since I have a night train to catch (I have a backup plan though).

Since I got cut, I can't answer your second question. However feel free to message me if you want to ask anything else/plan to meet up!

Any thoughts/experiences on showing up to an audition, even though you know you do not specifically look like the characters they are looking for?
    I am of asian decent and, obviously, do not look like Queen Elsa, Anna, Tinkerbell, etc. But, I live in the midwest and am thinking about possibly going to the Chicago audition? I've been pulled at an Orlando Audition but they were looking for a Mulan (as listed on the audition website) at the time.
    Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you who will be attending all of these upcoming auditions!!

I'm so amazed and happy to see this thread is still going on, even though the last time I posted was almost two years ago! I had been thinking of going to the Tokyo character auditions in NYC coming up in August, but after reading about the Hong Kong audition experience and the international parks desiring only trained dancers, I'm thinking there may be no point in me going. I'm considering going to WDW auditions in Philadelphia instead, but I've never traveled so far for an audition and I haven't quite convinced myself it'd be worth it, haha. Could be fun to make a mini-vacation out of it.

Also, just wanted to say thank you to everyone who shared their success stories! Reading them made me so giddy and inspired, so thank you!

Does anyone know the answer to this question. My daughter went to the Christmas parade audition and she was cut from the dance portion, but then selected for character. Not sure if that is for a fur or a face character. They took her picture and measurements and she filled out an application. She thought she was 5'3 but turns out she was only 5'2 and 3/4. So it kinda limits her for many face characters, but she would be happy to be Alice and she looks a lot like her. At any rate, what happens next? Should she keep auditioning? And if she does, which audition does she go to? She falls in he middle of the audition heights.
    Any advice?
    Thanks