Page 526 of 541 FirstFirst ... 26426476501516523524525526527528529536 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Is anyone going to the look-a-like audition in Seattle on the 17th of August? I'm so excited that there's actually an audition in my state!
    I went to the DLR audition in January and did the online audition for Anna & Elsa shortly after but have not made it past the first cut.

I'm also considering going to the Tokyo auditions in N. Hollywood in September. Anyone else thinking of going too?

Question: I noticed something change on the tour dates for the look-alike auditions. They added in bold print at the top an extra notice about only wanting full time availability plus they're only looking for the roles listed. The full time information was there before but they just added the thing about the roles listed.

For me this kind of stinks because I already went to one for Anna & Elsa and didn't make it past the first cut. I was hoping they would be considering other roles. Also, it's possible but unlikely I'd be able to do a full year in Orlando depending on my educational plans.

Should I still go ahead and make the trek to Chicago? I would love to go regardless, but I'd be missing a work day for it. I've heard of the "character pool," is that when they put you in consideration for six months until something opens up for you?

Thanks!

• Pizza-rella

If you think you could commit to the full time 1 year schedule make the trek definitely. You never know who the casting directors will be and if they think you will fit the character. Or what mood they could be in.

The character pool is when they have you fill out an audition "card" (more like a paper) and they take pictures of you (at least for DL). You stay in their system for 6 months, and IF they need you they will call. There is no guarantee if you will be called. It's by availability.
    If I could pick one Disney charater I'm most like, it would be Cinderella. I love to clean and I have an obssesion with shoes!

It does specifically say that if you cannot meet the one year, full time, relocation requirement that they do not want you to come. They will be coming back around the country in September/October and they might be looking for seasonal or part time then.

• Minion

Well, they can't physically force you to stay and work for an entire year. I don't think there is much stopping you from just leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Well, they can't physically force you to stay and work for an entire year. I don't think there is much stopping you from just leaving.
    They might not rehire you or give you good feedback if you use them as a reference later on though.

The probably will only be casting for CP and full time at the next round of national auditions... I know they have historically offered relocation packages for certain character look-alikes, so they'd be looking for the biggest bang for their buck as far as the number of hours you'd work
    the-american-mystery-deepens.tumblr.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by seasiren View Post
    They might not rehire you or give you good feedback if you use them as a reference later on though.
    But if you really want to audition and work there, it is an option, not the best ever, but still an option.

Does anyone know how long it will take the casting directors to call you after an audition? I just made it through the christmas parade performer audition and they said, "We will call you if there is a role for you", and that was it. Its almost been two weeks.

• Tink

Hello! I haven't been on in a long time so in putting my foot in the door again!
    Is anyone going to be attending the full time audition in Dallas TX next month?
    Also, I would not worry about specific role search because I attended an audition where they were only looking for specific characters yet one person was pulled for Merida, a guy for gaston, & another guy for naveen- 3 roles they weren't searching for.
    at that same audition I was pulled for Anna, however I was just put in a pool. I attended an audition 3 weeks later where they were searching for the same characters as the audition I had gone to previously, and was not pulled.
    So just because you were pulled once, doesn't mean you will be again for the same role- doesn't mean they don't want you but maybe they've seen enough, etc. this is the same for because you weren't pulled this time, doesn't mean you won't get it next time.

Also in my experience that I attended a full time cast audition, there were a few people that showed up for CP and they were kicked out. So take that as you will, but honestly if you go to the full time audition knowing you can't be full time... Just don't! They don't have a role for you at this time.

Anyway back lack to my Dallas search. Anyone going?!(:

• Tink

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan4luc View Post
    Does anyone know the answer to this question. My daughter went to the Christmas parade audition and she was cut from the dance portion, but then selected for character. Not sure if that is for a fur or a face character. They took her picture and measurements and she filled out an application. She thought she was 5'3 but turns out she was only 5'2 and 3/4. So it kinda limits her for many face characters, but she would be happy to be Alice and she looks a lot like her. At any rate, what happens next? Should she keep auditioning? And if she does, which audition does she go to? She falls in he middle of the audition heights.
    Any advice?
    Thanks

According to disney i am 5'2.5" but it really doesn't limit you. There is a half inch courtesy in characters to either go up or down. For example- tinkerbell is an option because they stop at 5'2" so they would give the courtesy mark. Anna is 5'3" which is also an option because they would give the courtesy half inch. I know this from experience of being pulled as character and from friends who work at Disney. Hope this helps (: but Alice & Wendy are for sure in her height!

I will be at the Dallas, TX audition! Message me on here and we can meet up because I don't know anyone else going!

I was at the June 30th character performer auditions in NYC for the Magic/Wonder. My concern/question is that I made the cut and filled out paperwork, but neither myself or three others I have kept in contact with have heard anything. Does anyone know how long it takes them? I have read about past auditions and wait times of over a month for cruise line, but does anyone know the average?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRobN View Post
    I was at the June 30th character performer auditions in NYC for the Magic/Wonder. My concern/question is that I made the cut and filled out paperwork, but neither myself or three others I have kept in contact with have heard anything. Does anyone know how long it takes them? I have read about past auditions and wait times of over a month for cruise line, but does anyone know the average?

I just asked a similar question. Ive heard everything from you find out the same day as the audition, to two weeks, to four weeks, to six months..... There seems to be no real pattern or answer. Im waiting for a call myself and its definitely driving me crazy.

I have heard that as well...I just would like to know if anyone else at that audition has heard yet or if I am still waiting to hear. Apparently, I should have made more friends lol. The three I talk to, only kept in contact with me, so were in a bubble. How long ago was your audition?