Page 527 of 537 FirstFirst ... 27427477502517524525526527528529530 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 8045

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by AskReynoso View Post
    I just asked a similar question. Ive heard everything from you find out the same day as the audition, to two weeks, to four weeks, to six months..... There seems to be no real pattern or answer. Im waiting for a call myself and its definitely driving me crazy.
    I have heard that as well...I just would like to know if anyone else at that audition has heard yet or if I am still waiting to hear. Apparently, I should have made more friends lol. The three I talk to, only kept in contact with me, so were in a bubble. How long ago was your audition?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRobN View Post
    I have heard that as well...I just would like to know if anyone else at that audition has heard yet or if I am still waiting to hear. Apparently, I should have made more friends lol. The three I talk to, only kept in contact with me, so were in a bubble. How long ago was your audition?

July 13. Just over two weeks. I know that if I don't hear by the middle of August I probably won't be hired. The only reason I can make that conclusion is because I know when the contracts start. At your audition did they mention when the contract would start? I know DCL trains performers in Toronto, so I assume they would give you time to plan a move and to get a passport (unless they primarily hire people who already have a passport). Wish I could be of more help!

Quote Originally Posted by AskReynoso View Post
    July 13. Just over two weeks. I know that if I don't hear by the middle of August I probably won't be hired. The only reason I can make that conclusion is because I know when the contracts start. At your audition did they mention when the contract would start? I know DCL trains performers in Toronto, so I assume they would give you time to plan a move and to get a passport (unless they primarily hire people who already have a passport). Wish I could be of more help!
    They start in September sometime, I am in Canada already and wouldn't have a problem getting to Toronto, but in reality, if they need people to be ready in time, I imagine they would have told them a week ago or more. I am sadly beginning to accept that I did not make the hire cut.

So I think I missed a couple of questions on here, but the one I remember was about hearing back from the cruise lines. A friend of mine was accepted for the cruise lines and she heard back about a week before she had to leave for Toronto. She really only got that week too because she didn't have a passport yet and had to order one. She was a replacement for another person who broke their contract, but just know that they have no qualms against calling you and needing you RIGHT NOW on the cruise lines. In fact, I would almost recommend ordering your passport now so that you can be ready to go when they do call.

Hey, guys. So, there's an audition in Orlando next week at 10AM. I was just curious if as many people go to the early auditions. Like, do you think there's a better chance of getting through during that one?

I've gone to two afternoon auditions and gotten nowhere, though. I really don't think I'd get anywhere this time either, but hey.

• Tink

Time doesn't make a differ Rotyuu. But you should give it a shot (:

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    So I think I missed a couple of questions on here, but the one I remember was about hearing back from the cruise lines. A friend of mine was accepted for the cruise lines and she heard back about a week before she had to leave for Toronto. She really only got that week too because she didn't have a passport yet and had to order one. She was a replacement for another person who broke their contract, but just know that they have no qualms against calling you and needing you RIGHT NOW on the cruise lines. In fact, I would almost recommend ordering your passport now so that you can be ready to go when they do call.

Wow! That is short notice! I do have a passport, but I am Canadian anyways. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Does anyone know if the 10 am auditions in Orlando are generally less busy than the 4pm ones? If I'm not working I plan on going to next weeks and I was curious.

ETA: Sorry I just read Rotyuu's question!
    Last edited by seasiren; 07-31-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    It does specifically say that if you cannot meet the one year, full time, relocation requirement that they do not want you to come. They will be coming back around the country in September/October and they might be looking for seasonal or part time then.
    Harpist1991 did they tell you this at a recent audition? I recall them saying the same thing at my audition in May!
    I am considering attending the upcoming Chicago Audition but I also know for a fact that I do not look like any of the characters they are currently looking for, since I am of Asian decent. Do you think I should just wait until this upcoming fall to attend?

Can anyone tell me if the cast has been selected for Disney Hong Kong this fall? I made it all the way through the tryouts (April) and thought I was to hear by the end of July/early August. Haven't received word either way. Is there anywhere to call? Do you get an email either way? Is there a way to at least find out if the cast has all been selected before I pay my fall college tuition? Thank you!!!

Pinksparkles- (I'm not sure if you mean the first part or the second part, so I'll just explain where I found out both! Haha) So the part about full time/relocation came from the disneyaudition website under the information for the Chicago audition specifically (although others said it as well). The second part, where they travel around, comes from a couple of different sources! I've actually been looking at that website for about three and a half/four years now so I have seen the pattern come up a couple of times. I also did the college program last year and that is what the auditions are mostly for. Within the past year, they have added a few new cities with each circuit. They are always looking for CP/CPs (College Program Character Performers) but they change what else they are looking for based on need at the time. The first time I auditioned, it was everything (FT, PT, Seasonal). The most recent one (Marchish) was FT only.
    Cinderellahopeful- I think it has. I know a friend of a friend (sorry that is a bit of hearsay!) who has already received her contract and is getting ready to leave. She is also part of a stage show though, so I don't know if that makes any difference. August has just started though so they are still within their time frame. It could be that they are waiting to hear back from everyone they offered contracts to before they will get to you, as much as that sucks.

Ok, thanks, ThinkTinkTX!

Two more questions:
    1) How important is your eye color? I have green eyes, so would that exclude me from playing a blue eyed princess or anything?

And 2) I have a tiny mole on my face, but it's right where my face creases when I smile, so it's not visible then. Is that still an automatic exclusion? I'm kinda guessing yes, haha.

Eye color really isn't that important for WDW. They offer contacts if you need/want them for certain characters but it's usually not enforced. I've seen brown eyed Alices and blue eyed Snows. As for moles and other freckles and stuff on your face, I think that depends on the casting director. If it can easily be covered or faded with stage makeup, you should be fine. I know of an Alice who's face is covered in large, dark freckles but because they cover with stage makeup she's approved. I have seen a picture of a Cinderella with a large mole on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotyuu View Post
    Hey, guys. So, there's an audition in Orlando next week at 10AM. I was just curious if as many people go to the early auditions. Like, do you think there's a better chance of getting through during that one?

I've gone to two afternoon auditions and gotten nowhere, though. I really don't think I'd get anywhere this time either, but hey.

I went to a face character audition in June at WDW and there were approximately 350 people there. The first cut they chose 23 girls and I was fortunate to be in one of the 23. However, the next cut they only took about 8, and I didn't make it then. I'm thinking of going back to the morning one also, but just not sure. Even if I made it all the way to the end (which I seriously doubt I would) they still don't guarantee that I would be a friend, does it? I wonder if you are then put on a list at that time.

i'm going to the chicago one on Tuesday!!

Question: I'm not sure if this was always there but I checked on the auditions website today and noticed that they put "typecast" for every character that they are looking for. anyone know what that means? I've heard stuff about typecast disney auctions where they focus more on your appearance/looks so I wasn't sure.