Page 528 of 540 FirstFirst ... 28428478503518525526527528529530531538 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 8097

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

"Typecast" just means that there are specific characteristics for those characters and they will adhere to them (i.e. Snow White will only be a really fair skinned girl). A lot of theatre auditions will put typecasts out for specific characters, like the young ingénue has to have a youthful look.
    FeFe- There are a lot of factors involved. If they fit you for a character that they are currently looking for, you could get casted then. If not, it again depends on your character and the time of year. If they think you would make a great Cruella, but you auditioned in January, they probably won't add you to the pool (this is a list of people who have been approved to play certain characters but spots are not open for them yet. It only holds your information for six months) because they won't need Cruella before your six months are up. But if you're fitted for a character like Belle, they might need her before six months so you might get added to the pool.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about WDW hiring Wendy's? And getting put into the fav character pool for her?
    Last edited by Miabiaboo95; 08-04-2014 at 01:27 PM.

^ well she's not doing meet and greets and I don't think they said they'll bring her back anytime soon. Someone mentioned on here that they already have enough "friends" for her for the parade/dream along with mickey show so I don't think they are looking for her right now.

harpist1991- thank you for your answer

Hello!

I'm new here, but was browsing through the thread and saw some very useful information! I am hoping to attend the WDW audition on the 14th of this month. It's in the afternoon at 3 pm. Does anyone know what time I should plan on getting there? I've heard that you should get there pretty early, but the audition post itself says there is no need to get there before 3.. thoughts?

Also, this will be my first time auditioning! Can anyone give me a rundown on what generally happens? I've heard several different accounts of the first cut and sometimes the second cut, but I know it can be different depending on the location! I'm 5'5" and I know they are casting for Elsa and Anna, Cinderella, Ariel, and Jasmine so I should fit into all of those categories. Maybe not Jasmine though

Thanks for all of your help

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LyssaKay View Post
    Hello!

I'm new here, but was browsing through the thread and saw some very useful information! I am hoping to attend the WDW audition on the 14th of this month. It's in the afternoon at 3 pm. Does anyone know what time I should plan on getting there? I've heard that you should get there pretty early, but the audition post itself says there is no need to get there before 3.. thoughts?

Also, this will be my first time auditioning! Can anyone give me a rundown on what generally happens? I've heard several different accounts of the first cut and sometimes the second cut, but I know it can be different depending on the location! I'm 5'5" and I know they are casting for Elsa and Anna, Cinderella, Ariel, and Jasmine so I should fit into all of those categories. Maybe not Jasmine though

Thanks for all of your help
    The audition is at 4pm so getting there between 3 and half past 3 would be great. I'm not too up to speed with WDW auditions but I believe at some point they line everyone up and take a look at them then make a cut. Not sure if this is the first or second cut, it may even change with each audition, but as I said I'm not too sure.

Has anyone had any luck being pulled at the two touring look alike auditions so far?

I went to the Chicago one and I got cut.

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    I went to the Chicago one and I got cut.

there's always next time though! Shouldn't they have an electronic submission or cp auditions coming up soon?

Haha definitely! I've been to a couple of MNSSHP as Alice and Wendy and the number of people that confused me for them (especially Alice) was ridiculous! Every time I don't get pulled at an audition I just remind myself of that and get ready for the next one. I'm going to one in Orlando next month (if they ever post one haha) and they should post CP auditions soon for September/October that I will be able to go to.

I got cut from Chicago too! I was hoping it was going to be the dance/improve type audition but nope.

• Tink

What was the Chicago audition like?I was pulled for Anna their last tour but alas, have not been hired.

^ There was 83 people there. They measured our height and gave us our numbers then they put numbers 1-40 on one side of the room and the rest went to the opposite side. We lined up in numerical order in rows of 10. There was two casting directors so one went to a side. They asked us basic questions like are you over 18? do you have any tattoos? Will you be willing to work in Disneyland & Cruise line? (they told us in the beginning that they were also casting for other parks too) On my side of the room we had to turn to the side and have the director examine our profile. I didn't see the other side do that so I'm not sure if they have different questions as well. Once they were done they called about 16 numbers.

• Tink

Men or women casting directors? Was Soroya there? Or kent? (Soroya is the darker skinned lady. Perhaps even indian features?
    sorry! I'm getting really paranoid haha. Thank you for the answers.
    Also what did the people they pool for look like? I mean was there a certain type they leaned towards?

Is anyone planning on going to the August 24th Auditions in Yorba Linda? It is for females 5'3"-5'7" so one could assume they're looking for Princesses. I'm going (fingers crossed) with hopes they're looking for Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, Mary Poppins, and/or Elsa. I'd love to know if anyone else on here was planning on attending as well!

It was Soroya and a guy who I think was named Matt. I don't remember what everyone looked like that got pulled but I remember 3 of the girls were wearing floral dresses with their hair down and wavy. Another girl had a black unitard with black leggings and hair half up/ half down. One of the girls that got pulled was really short, I measured at 4"11.5 and she must have been around 4"7 which I thought was confusing because tinkerbell's minimum height is 4"11.

Good luck at your audition!