Page 531 of 547 FirstFirst ... 31431481506521528529530531532533534541 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 8193

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hi there again!

Just wanted to check and see if anyone is going to the 10AM audition September 4th at WDW? I'll be there! I was pulled for Mulan back in May but was ultimately not chosen. I've heard rumors about Disney looking for people who are "committed" and willing to audition more than once so I'm really hoping that is the case (Please let me know if you know anymore information about this!). I'm nervous because I do not usually do things like this, and worried about not getting pulled again, but I know to have fun with it no matter what!
    I also wanted to say good luck to all of you who are going to future auditions and/or plan on auditioning again. I absolutely love reading everyone's stories and gaining some great insight into Disney auditions.

Today, I spoke with a current face character at Disneyland. I asked her how many times she had to audition because I read on here a lot that some people go 10+ times and was curious if that was typical or not. She said this:
    "I got hired on my first audition! But it's different for everyone! All the girls I work with all have a different story about how their audition process was or how long it took them to get hired. There is not much you can do to prepare for a lookalike audition because they simply just look at you. But just get dressed up like you're going out to dinner or something! Clothes aren't that important but do natural makeup as if going out to dinner with friends."

She was really nice! I was a little surprised about getting dressed up since most people say to dress comfortably...

Quote Originally Posted by christymckenna View Post
    Today, I spoke with a current face character at Disneyland. I asked her how many times she had to audition because I read on here a lot that some people go 10+ times and was curious if that was typical or not. She said this:
    "I got hired on my first audition! But it's different for everyone! All the girls I work with all have a different story about how their audition process was or how long it took them to get hired. There is not much you can do to prepare for a lookalike audition because they simply just look at you. But just get dressed up like you're going out to dinner or something! Clothes aren't that important but do natural makeup as if going out to dinner with friends."

She was really nice! I was a little surprised about getting dressed up since most people say to dress comfortably...
    Exactly. This is what I've been trying to say since the beginning. You can't do much to prepare to become a face character. All you can do is go in, smile, and just hope for the best. But yes, you do want to dress nice and also comfortably. At WDW, they make you dance and do animation, and that's where the 'dress comfortably' saying comes from. However, what you're wearing doesn't make a difference on who they choose.

----

There are people who have gotten on their first try, and then there are others who have had to go to 10+ before they got chosen.

Also, don't be discouraged if they're looking for your character and you don't get pulled.

What's funny about auditions is that if you go and they don't need the character you look like, they won't choose you. But there is another standard. If you go and they're looking for your character, you STILL may not get pulled. This is only because they may be looking for a specific look for that character for THAT DAY.

I'm one of the few who have gone to tons of auditions haha: 10 face auditions, 3 parade auditions, and 3 singing auditions over the past year and 3 months. Out of the 10 face auditions, I went to 3 that were looking for my "dream" character. I didn't get pulled. However, when I went to the fourth one, I FINALLY got pulled! Yeah, it was a dream come true! I made it to the end but wasn't ultimately chosen a week later. I do, however, know that it is still possible to get pulled even when it feels like it's never going to happen!

I just want some of you guys to know that it takes some people just a little bit more auditions before they get noticed! Don't give up! When you see the costume and the wig, it makes you realize how all those past auditions were worth it. Also, don't think about how others got it. A lot of people get pulled over and over again and don't get hired until the 5th time they've been out in costume, and then there are people who never get pulled but when they get to their 7th audition they finally get put in costume and are hired. Everyone has a different story of getting into Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by pinksparkles View Post
    Hi there again!

Just wanted to check and see if anyone is going to the 10AM audition September 4th at WDW? I'll be there! I was pulled for Mulan back in May but was ultimately not chosen. I've heard rumors about Disney looking for people who are "committed" and willing to audition more than once so I'm really hoping that is the case (Please let me know if you know anymore information about this!). I'm nervous because I do not usually do things like this, and worried about not getting pulled again, but I know to have fun with it no matter what!
    I also wanted to say good luck to all of you who are going to future auditions and/or plan on auditioning again. I absolutely love reading everyone's stories and gaining some great insight into Disney auditions.
    Yeah, they definitely like it when people go back again! I'll be there friend! We have to meet each other! So exciting how they are looking for Mulan's again!

• Tink

sooooooo...who else is eagerly waiting to hear back about a job offer from the 8 city tour with WDW?

Hello! I just found this forum- its nice to know that other people are in the same boat! I am also waiting to hear back about the 8 city tour. I auditioned in Seattle on August 17th. I made it to the end and they said we would hear back either way in around two weeks. Tomorrow is exactly two weeks, so I'm hoping to hear any day now.

• Tink

well the casting office is closed on weekends and will be closed monday for labor day so we probably wont hear back till later on in the week.

Is anyone planing on going to the auditions in Yorba Linda on Sunday? I might be attending. It says looking for character performers for all heights. Does anyone know if this includes look a likes/ face characters?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMichelle View Post
    Is anyone planing on going to the auditions in Yorba Linda on Sunday? I might be attending. It says looking for character performers for all heights. Does anyone know if this includes look a likes/ face characters?
    If it says character performers, then it is just for fur. At WDW, they will pull some people for face at a strictly fur audition. However, at a Disneyland fur audition, they will only look out for fur. When attending, they usually say something along the lines of, "Today, we are only casting fur characters." I had a friend who walked out when she heard this, because she has been pulled for face in the past. Glad to say she works at WDW now!

Last edited by teth; 09-02-2014 at 01:55 PM.

sorry resent this because I realized I didnt reply back to the post haha sorry my first post on here!

@thinktinktx and @superfocus I also made it to the end of one of the tour dates and they told us two weeks from when they got back in Orlando they would let us know yes or no and I know the last one was Dallas on 8/22 so that would be this Friday! I am eagerly awaiting as well so hopefully we will find out by Friday!

• Tink

I hope we hear good news soon! I couldn't imagine going to the earlier auditions of the tour. I would've gone nuts. Thankfully I was the last stop of the tour, Dallas Texas lol.

I just got an e-mail saying that I was identified as a potential face character and I am gonna be in their character pool for the next six months. Hope you guys hear back soon too! Fingers crossed!

• Tink

I got that email too!<3

Is anyone else auditioning for the TDR lookalikes on September 12? It'll be both my boyfriend's and I's first auditions, fingers crossed! Is the turn out for this location usually big? I would expect it to be kind of a small pool due to the year contract in Japan..