Page 6 of 536 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106506 ... LastLast

• Honorary Mermaid.

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    That's the only thing that gets me nervous. Making up stories and all. It seems tough. I hope they just have us say lines
    Enroll in Drama at your high school if you're not already!
    And if they have Improv club look into that!
    I wish I had when I was in high school :[

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    Enroll in Drama at your high school if you're not already!
    And if they have Improv club look into that!
    I wish I had when I was in high school :[
    Very smart
    It's weird like, I think I could do it in the parks with like little kids and being silly and all. (since alice is silly) but doing all that infront of like the people who are going to cast you, is just so scary! But i'm willing! I wonder, do they have you come in like one at a time? or like a few people.
    Once I heard the only improv they had them do was do improv after the end of the dance they learned. But, that's probably for the fur characters!

• Honorary Mermaid.

Very smart
    It's weird like, I think I could do it in the parks with like little kids and being silly and all. (since alice is silly) but doing all that infront of like the people who are going to cast you, is just so scary! But i'm willing! I wonder, do they have you come in like one at a time? or like a few people.
    Once I heard the only improv they had them do was do improv after the end of the dance they learned. But, that's probably for the fur characters!
    Yeahh, I know what you mean. You're nervous because you're being judged, whereas children don't judge you, to them you ARE Alice.
    But I admire how much you want this! ^_^

And as far as judging style goes, I have no idea. I'm willing to bet they do it in groups though. Makes things faster and easier.

• Sock Puppet

Yeahh, I know what you mean. You're nervous because you're being judged, whereas children don't judge you, to them you ARE Alice.
    But I admire how much you want this! ^_^

And as far as judging style goes, I have no idea. I'm willing to bet they do it in groups though. Makes things faster and easier.
    I couldn't have said it any better! That's exactly how I feel
    Thank you so much, yes I want it so bad! I just have loved disney forever, so how fun would this be?

Well that would be good!

You know, you should try out for a princess. Like for real. You'd be great!

• Honorary Mermaid.

I couldn't have said it any better! That's exactly how I feel
    Thank you so much, yes I want it so bad! I just have loved disney forever, so how fun would this be?

Well that would be good!

You know, you should try out for a princess. Like for real. You'd be great!
    I agree, it'd be a fun job.
    Though I know there are negative aspects about it (like what that one person posted previously), but whatever, there's negatives about every job, you just have to make it fun and worth while! And you probably will because you love it so much
    I'm trying to make sense right now and I don't think it's working, hah.

And you think so? Thank you!! That actually means a lot to me because I seriously always had that dream lingering in the back of my mind. Maybe once I transfer colleges down here, I'll have mustered up the confidence to audition. But that wont be for another two years or so :[

So it looks like you and I have to wait the same amount of time until then, hahah.

• Sock Puppet

I agree, it'd be a fun job.
    Though I know there are negative aspects about it (like what that one person posted previously), but whatever, there's negatives about every job, you just have to make it fun and worth while! And you probably will because you love it so much
    I'm trying to make sense right now and I don't think it's working, hah.

And you think so? Thank you!! That actually means a lot to me because I seriously always had that dream lingering in the back of my mind. Maybe once I transfer colleges down here, I'll have mustered up the confidence to audition. But that wont be for another two years or so :[

So it looks like you and I have to wait the same amount of time until then, hahah.
    Very true! Don't worry I totally understand.
    Ofcourse! I mean it too. Yes, definitely go for it! Who knows what could happen. Just try. Yes, we should audition together I would love a familiar face to keep company with.

Auditions were today, I wanna hear how they went! I'm sure someone on micechat went today.

The hard part is not going in with high hopes and wanting the job so bad. :/

I wonder how many people make it out of all the people who come.
    a very small percentage

Can you still just wear contacts? There's a Wendy in WDW and in real life she has blonde hair and brown eyes. but wendy has brown hair and blue eyes. so it's like total opposite. so maybe the judges do see through everything and really focus on the face part.
    Colored contacts are used in certain cases

Hm confused. Princesses are the ones who story tell not Alice or anything. So.. what do the short people who are hoping to be alice/wendy/tink have to do? Instead of storytelling do they make them do something else during the audition process?
    Alice, Wendy and Tink story tell all day! kids want to know all about how they felt when the Queen of Hearts was being mean to them or if Captain Hook scared them. They want to know where Tink gets her pixie dust and if Wendy ever goes back to visit never never land.... Storytelling isn't just sitting at PFF and telling a story, it's what every one of the characters do all day long- face and fuzzies alike. And for the audition, think script, not making up random stuff

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    a very small percentage

Colored contacts are used in certain cases

Alice, Wendy and Tink story tell all day! kids want to know all about how they felt when the Queen of Hearts was being mean to them or if Captain Hook scared them. They want to know where Tink gets her pixie dust and if Wendy ever goes back to visit never never land.... Storytelling isn't just sitting at PFF and telling a story, it's what every one of the characters do all day long- face and fuzzies alike. And for the audition, think script, not making up random stuff
    Oh yes that makes sense. I understand, thanks for the info!

I'm thinking about auditioning in a few weeks...

if you make it through the whole audition, do they tell you before you leave if you got a part? Or do you have to wait a few days? And when they tell you...do they tell you WHAT part, or do you not know until you get down to orlando? I would really hate to not find out who I was cast as (if I was) and then get down there and realize I only got fuzzies...i'm assuming that can be miserable in the summer!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cheerangel2712 View Post

if you make it through the whole audition, do they tell you before you leave if you got a part? Or do you have to wait a few days? And when they tell you...do they tell you WHAT part, or do you not know until you get down to orlando? I would really hate to not find out who I was cast as (if I was) and then get down there and realize I only got fuzzies...i'm assuming that can be miserable in the summer!
    This depends on a lot of factors. Its best just to go to the audition not to expect to know the day of.
    Jeff Wayne

• Sock Puppet

Good question. Like if you make it all the way through, do they say you got the part or call you in a few days. Hm.

yeah, i hope they would tell you what you got at least before you agreed to do the internship.

do you guys know what kind of face shapes they tend to lean toward? i'd be glad to post a picture of myself too, but ive been looking at the cast members to see if i look similar to any of them. haha

• Sock Puppet

yeah, i hope they would tell you what you got at least before you agreed to do the internship.

do you guys know what kind of face shapes they tend to lean toward? i'd be glad to post a picture of myself too, but ive been looking at the cast members to see if i look similar to any of them. haha
    Well younger characters have rounder faces because it's more of a youthful look. But princesses have more defined faces. But face shape isn't a big contributor to whether you're chosen or not.

Face and fuzzies are two different auditions (unless it's a parade audition, where they can pull both), so if you go to a face audition, they won't just put you in fuzz. Also, don't completely limit yourself from doing fuzzies for a few reasons- 1) in some ways it's better than face- there are pros and cons to both. 2) it's really not that bad in summer 3) many friends of the face characters start of as friends of the fuzzies and then eventually transfer over (or some do both). If you don't make face auditions the first time you try, but come to fuzzie auditions and make that, you show the judges that you're devoted to working there, and are "willing to work your way up"

But face shape isn't a big contributor to whether you're chosen or not.
    ya.... it pretty much is ;-)

what do you mean by "friends?" haha

yeah, well the audition is for "face characters, atmosphere characters, and parade characters" so do I have to do all 3? I havent taken dance since I did musical theater, which as a few years ago, so I'm not sure that I have the skill level for parades...

also, do you know if you have to have finished your application before you can audition. This next semester really isnt the best semester for me to do the college program, but because the audition is so close to me, I figure I should at least go and see how things play out...I have a strong theater background so I hope that will help me.

but college program kids are eligible for face characters correct? i read somewhere they werent but the audition I'm going to is specifically for the CP...

haha sorry for all the questions guys, I really appreciate it though!