Page 66 of 508 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667686976116166 ... LastLast

• Future Tinkerbell!

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

They probably will be pretty critical about the acting part, I mean you are acting like, all day. I don't know how or what we will be asked to do, but you will most likely have to improvise since a lot of your job as a character is improv. But these are just guesses.

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by totallynot05 View Post
    So for the acting part of the audition....
    do you think that the judges will be very critical about this part?
    are those who are selected as characters usually professional actors?
    so i hear that they ask you to improvise a scene, like waking up late, or changing a flat tire. i also heard that you act a scene out as if you are a certain character, like belle from beauty and the beast.
    so how many different things do they ask you to do?
    I'm not for certain, but it would be nice for things to be cleared up.
    the one thing i know for sure is when you do act, whether it be in character or a random scene, you really should be as animated, energetic, and happy as possible.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    -Walt Disney

• Honorary Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by totallynot05 View Post
    So for the acting part of the audition....
    do you think that the judges will be very critical about this part?
    are those who are selected as characters usually professional actors?
    so i hear that they ask you to improvise a scene, like waking up late, or changing a flat tire. i also heard that you act a scene out as if you are a certain character, like belle from beauty and the beast.
    so how many different things do they ask you to do?
    I'm not for certain, but it would be nice for things to be cleared up.
    I actually don't think you have to be a professional actor. It's likely that a lot of the girls there will be drama majors, or actresses, but you shouldn't let that intimidate you.
    I'm almost certain that if you get a call back, and they fit you for costumes and wigs and such, they ask you questions having to do with the character, and you have to answer the way the said character would.
    Also I heard that princesses have to do a sort of "story time" where they have to read from a script or something along those lines.
    I don't know for sure, it's all just information I've found by doing my research around google and stuff.

• Far too curious

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    I actually don't think you have to be a professional actor. It's likely that a lot of the girls there will be drama majors, or actresses, but you shouldn't let that intimidate you.
    I'm almost certain that if you get a call back, and they fit you for costumes and wigs and such, they ask you questions having to do with the character, and you have to answer the way the said character would.
    Also I heard that princesses have to do a sort of "story time" where they have to read from a script or something along those lines.
    I don't know for sure, it's all just information I've found by doing my research around google and stuff.
    Sadly, princesses don't do story-telling anymore. It was something they did for a looong time at the Once Upon a Time shop, then it moved to PFF, but now everything that used to happen at PFF besides meet and greets doesn't happen anymore.

Also, no, you don't have to be a professional actor, but there are quite a few Cast Members in Entertainment that are members of the Screen Actor's Guild, and have acted on stage/screen. I have a couple of friends in that department, so I know some things >.<

• Honorary Mermaid.

I just found this information about face character auditions

"
    1st Round
    Very early in the morning, several 100s of people generally show up and get in line. Small groups are taken in at a time. They bring the group in the room, line everyone up, look at them, and call out numbers of those they want to stay. The others are done. (So... you could wait 2 hours to get your chance to walk in the room and be done 10 seconds later.)

2nd Round
    After everyone has had their 10 seconds in a line up, those that made the 1st cut are taught a small dance routine (to show coordination, movement, etc...). Small groups are brought in. Dance. Numbers called. Stay or go accordingly.

3rd Round
    Wigs are brought out and tried on in front of the panel. They could have you try 1 or a few, depending. At this point, they may take a Polaroid pic of you.... or not. Everyone gets their turn at wigs and then numbers are called. Again.

4th Round
    Some sort of improvisation. This lets them see how you interact, speak, etc....

"

They might have changed things a bit, but thats the gist of it, I'm assuming. I also don't know if that's for WDW or DL.
    Hope that helped.

• *~-optimistic-~*

The acting bit is what scares me. Like, how are we going to know exactly what they want before we go through the "shadowing" portion (studying the films, watching the characters, etc) which just so happens ONLY if youre casted?
    "But they say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true."

• Honorary Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
    Sadly, princesses don't do story-telling anymore. It was something they did for a looong time at the Once Upon a Time shop, then it moved to PFF, but now everything that used to happen at PFF besides meet and greets doesn't happen anymore.

Also, no, you don't have to be a professional actor, but there are quite a few Cast Members in Entertainment that are members of the Screen Actor's Guild, and have acted on stage/screen. I have a couple of friends in that department, so I know some things >.<
    The PFF ruins everything, hahaha :[

• Cast Member

i hear a bunch about what princesses would be doing, but i hardly have a clue what princes and other male face characters, aside from the hatter, do.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    -Walt Disney

• Far too curious

Quote Originally Posted by samantha View Post
    The acting bit is what scares me. Like, how are we going to know exactly what they want before we go through the "shadowing" portion (studying the films, watching the characters, etc) which just so happens ONLY if youre casted?
    You don't know until it happens, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    The PFF ruins everything, hahaha :[
    It does >__<

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

That's really why I'm going, but I'm hoping there's still some chance they actually see something in me >.<

I think you should totally go. It might be fun.
    See there's that little voice in the back of my head yelling "They'd be a fool not to take you" but an even louder more rational voice saying "You can have hopes, but don't get them too high or you'll be crushed. Just see what it's all about"

Being from out of area, I just booked a hotel for Friday night so it seems I am definitely going now. Maybe we can wait in like together

• Far too curious

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    See there's that little voice in the back of my head yelling "They'd be a fool not to take you" but an even louder more rational voice saying "You can have hopes, but don't get them too high or you'll be crushed. Just see what it's all about"

Being from out of area, I just booked a hotel for Friday night so it seems I am definitely going now. Maybe we can wait in like together
    Yeah, I've got that voice too. The hopeful voice likes to try to drown out the rational one. It's like "YOU CAN DO EEET!", and the rational voice is like *facepalm*

Oooh, maybe we can XP

• *~-optimistic-~*

Quote Originally Posted by ACByourself View Post
    i hear a bunch about what princesses would be doing, but i hardly have a clue what princes and other male face characters, aside from the hatter, do.
    Please elaborate.
    "But they say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true."

• Golden Teeth and Tones

Yeah, I've got that voice too. The hopeful voice likes to try to drown out the rational one. It's like "YOU CAN DO EEET!", and the rational voice is like *facepalm*

Oooh, maybe we can XP
    And all this time I've been resisting saying "YOU CAN DO EEET!" to all of you here for fear that none of you would get it. Leave it to Skelly to prove me wrong... again.

Seriously, I'm rooting for the whole lot of you who are auditioning soon. Knock 'em dead on the 29th!
    Stuck in Western NY, and feeling so far away from the Magic.

• aliceindisneyland

i have a question..
    about the improv bit.. is it really hard like.. how are you supposed to act out changing a tire?? i could do the character improv but i don't get that one.. i could do something like eating a sandwich but changing a tire????

i would really like to audition.. but it's alot harder for me.. atleast you live in america
    i have to move out there...

• Should we be HYSTERICAL?

You have to be able to pantomime it I guess. XD Fuzzies have to pantomime a lot since they can't talk. Princesses don't as much, but they still use a lot of "elegant" hand gestures and such when speaking. You really have to get the habits and such down!

When I was at Pixie Hollow and about to see Tinkerbell, just the way and she stood and fidgeted REALLY emphasized her character.