Page 9 of 540 FirstFirst ... 6789101112193459109509 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    I agree, however, posting something as simple as blackout dates could be considered publishing Company information. It all depends on the reader.

AliceinWonderland, if it doesn't matter to you, and you truly want a better chance at face Characters, I would suggest heading to the Walt Disney World CP where they seem a little more relaxed. Entertainment works very differently at Disneyland, then that of Walt Disney World, with different guidelines, and unions within the department. Because CP Cast Members need 40hr weeks, I truly wouldn't see them being put in face roles, or parades at Disneyland. Though they're very good at mixing it up at Walt Disney World from what I hear. So if it doesn't matter which Resort you work at, I would consider the Walt Disney World program first.

It's really interesting to see Block Party over there, it's almost a completely different show then it was over here. Just like Disneyland's "Celebrate! A Street Party" is much more dance heavy then Walt Disney World's.
    You're very right, and make good points. I'll definitely check out the Walt Disney CP and everything about that. I just can't wait! Thanks for the info!

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    You're very right, and make good points. I'll definitely check out the Walt Disney CP and everything about that. I just can't wait! Thanks for the info!
    I've heard about Disney World being more lenient too; mostly because they need more characters If I can't get a job here I'll definitely try out Florida; but I grew up with Disneyland so I just know that I want that to be the first place I try =) It would just be my biggest dream come true, but, of course, WDW is great too =D

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    I've heard about Disney World being more lenient too; mostly because they need more characters If I can't get a job here I'll definitely try out Florida; but I grew up with Disneyland so I just know that I want that to be the first place I try =) It would just be my biggest dream come true, but, of course, WDW is great too =D
    We are so alike, it's scary That's EXACTLY how I feel. I live an hour from Disneyland and that's the only disney i've been too. So I told myself i'd try disneyland and if that doesn't work go straight to Florida! I just love Disneyland so much.

• I'm Wishing...

We are so alike, it's scary That's EXACTLY how I feel. I live an hour from Disneyland and that's the only disney i've been too. So I told myself i'd try disneyland and if that doesn't work go straight to Florida! I just love Disneyland so much.
    Lol! Omg! I live an hour away too! Well, usually about 2 because of traffic in the morning, but TECHNICALLY 1. =P it's my favorite. I think I'd be much happier at Disneyland, just because I go there so much and it's such a huge part of my childhood =) I've been to WDW though, it's great- the princess castle shows are amazing- but I still feel like Disneyland is the best. Everyone says that WDW is better because it's bigger but Disneyland is where it all began! =) To me, it's much more magical here.
    We have to work there together. Seriously =D

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Lol! Omg! I live an hour away too! Well, usually about 2 because of traffic in the morning, but TECHNICALLY 1. =P it's my favorite. I think I'd be much happier at Disneyland, just because I go there so much and it's such a huge part of my childhood =) I've been to WDW though, it's great- the princess castle shows are amazing- but I still feel like Disneyland is the best. Everyone says that WDW is better because it's bigger but Disneyland is where it all began! =) To me, it's much more magical here.
    We have to work there together. Seriously =D
    This is so weird! You're like my long lost sister. HAH. Everyone always tells me that WDW is better because it's bigger, exactly. And I always tell them no. Disneyland is the first one walt made, and the only park walt actually stepped inside. It's so special, I love it. Bigger isn't always better :P Yeah, i've never been to disneyworld but Disneyland is just so much better. I forget who said it earlier, but that in WDW if you're a character your restricted to go where you want to go, but in Disneyland you can just roam. YES, we're working together.

• Doesn't get enough Disney

You two are really lucky to live so close!
    I don't live close to any Disney parks (over a 2 hour plane ride anywhere)... But I was born in southern California, and I've been to Tokyo Disneyland.
    I can't really rank them, because they're all so different, you know? I like the MK at WDW, but my favorite park is DAK. I don't think any resort's really better than the others, they all have their faults and they all have things unique to them.

I can't decide where I'd do the CP- WDW is safer, bigger, more opprotunities, but I haven't been to DL in forever! And if I didn't make it as a character, I'd love to work in attractions!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by HalloweentownAlice View Post
    You two are really lucky to live so close!
    I don't live close to any Disney parks (over a 2 hour plane ride anywhere)... But I was born in southern California, and I've been to Tokyo Disneyland.
    I can't really rank them, because they're all so different, you know? I like the MK at WDW, but my favorite park is DAK. I don't think any resort's really better than the others, they all have their faults and they all have things unique to them.

I can't decide where I'd do the CP- WDW is safer, bigger, more opprotunities, but I haven't been to DL in forever! And if I didn't make it as a character, I'd love to work in attractions!
    Haha yeah! Oh that's so cool, I'd love to go to every park But for now only disneyland. So true!
    Yeah I agree! The CP at WDW seems better. But i'd want to work at disneyland more, so it's tough.
    Me too! I plan on working at Disney no matter what the job is. I just love it so much.

• Minion

The only thin about trying out for the WDW CP is you will recieve a letter stating that you passed the audition, but you won't know if you are a face character untill you get to Florida. But if they have the option of wigging at the audition u would have a better idea.
    Jeff Wayne

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    The only thin about trying out for the WDW CP is you will recieve a letter stating that you passed the audition, but you won't know if you are a face character untill you get to Florida. But if they have the option of wigging at the audition u would have a better idea.
    Do they do that at Disneyland too? Like when you leave the audition but you got all the way through, they still don't tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Oh yeah, I think I've read about that. Thanks for the info!

Isn't there a certain amt. of months before you can audition again, if you're auditioning for the CP? I feel like I've read that somewhere... I'll go look for it now.

• Sock Puppet

Oh yeah, I think I've read about that. Thanks for the info!

Isn't there a certain amt. of months before you can audition again, if you're auditioning for the CP? I feel like I've read that somewhere... I'll go look for it now.
    I thought it was 6 months. Not sure though!

That sounds about right to me... I think the one job more fun than a character would be a Jungle Cruise skipper. I think I'd make a better skipper than princess sometimes, lol.
    If you didn't get a job as a character (but I'm sure you would!) what would you want to do?

• Sock Puppet

That sounds about right to me... I think the one job more fun than a character would be a Jungle Cruise skipper. I think I'd make a better skipper than princess sometimes, lol.
    If you didn't get a job as a character (but I'm sure you would!) what would you want to do?
    You're so right! How fun would that be. Haha, Well hey, you could do both :P Aw you're so nice! Oh, it really is my dream. Hm.. that's tough. Honestly I wouldn't mind. As long as i'm in the parks, it's cool. Selling food, ride operator really it doesn't matter. But being a character definitely seems like a dream job. What character would you want to be ?

You're so right! How fun would that be. Haha, Well hey, you could do both :P Aw you're so nice! Oh, it really is my dream. Hm.. that's tough. Honestly I wouldn't mind. As long as i'm in the parks, it's cool. Selling food, ride operator really it doesn't matter. But being a character definitely seems like a dream job. What character would you want to be ?
    If I were the right height, then definitely Alice or Sally. When I saw that Sally (from Nightmare Before Christmas) was a face character at Disneyland during Halloween last year, I flipped. I was ready to hop on the next plane to meet her, haha. Realistically (with my height), I think I could do Aurora, Belle, or Cruella. I'm not sure why, but I think Cruella would be really fun to play.

• Sock Puppet

If I were the right height, then definitely Alice or Sally. When I saw that Sally (from Nightmare Before Christmas) was a face character at Disneyland during Halloween last year, I flipped. I was ready to hop on the next plane to meet her, haha. Realistically (with my height), I think I could do Aurora, Belle, or Cruella. I'm not sure why, but I think Cruella would be really fun to play.
    Yeah Oh sally, that's pretty cool. I almost forgot she was a face character. Well princesses are very fun! Or cruella for sure. Psh, any face character job would be amazing. I hope you get one of those!
    Being at about 4'11 growing to about 5'1 this is the only time i'm proud of my height! Although, I don't know how much longer i'm growing.. I hope I make it to 5'0! Hahaha.