Page 91 of 534 FirstFirst ... 41668188899091929394101116141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 8000
  1. #1351

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    228

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Sorry, double post :-)

  2. #1352

    • Future Tinkerbell!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to Disneyland
    Posts
    1,433

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Thanks kcw...that really helped!

    Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

  3. #1353

    • Hopeful <3
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Disneyland<33
    Posts
    119

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    Alright, so I'm gonna throw my two cents in here and in hopes that questions can be answered and this thread can disappear into the deep abyss... ;-) (so that some shreds of character integrity are kept.. haha) I'm not trying to offend anyone, just throwing in some honest answers. Just a few things from the bits and pieces I've read in the thread- not answering anyone in particular.

    * In regards to height- it's really not that important. Yes, there are set height ranges for each character, but those are fairly flexible. They will measure you barefoot, and then give you a "Disney Height." My Disney height is not the same as my real height. If they're desperate for friends of a certain character, and they like you enough, they'll make some exceptions. If they're not, they'll be more stringent. The shoes they wear are simply character shoes, and they come with different sizes of heels. If a princesses' friend is on the shorter end, they'll wear taller heels and vice versa. Most princess friends will fall between 5'4 and 5'6, but there will always be outliers.

    * And size- if you look healthy, you'll be ok. Some characters look for friends who have petite frames, some don't.

    * The age requirement is there for a reason. If someone is under 18, they have to deal with child labor laws, as well as the issue that they can only work (short) nights and weekends. Also, there is the issue of maturity. They want people who can look the part as well as handle the responsibilities of having a real job.

    * Realize that LA is filled with thousands and thousands of ambitious actresses and performers. Acting and dance experience will always be a plus. Not necessary, but a plus.

    * Don't worry about things you can't change. Eye color, body size, height, and the shape of your facial features will not change. You can obsess and stare and pictures of the princesses all day, but it still won't change your personal features. You can never nail down exactly what casting is looking for, you just show up and hope for the best. Please don't get your hopes up because someone else on the board says you're the spitting issue of so and so. Keep in mind that wigs and makeup do a lot. Sometimes people might look great, but when the princesses put wigs on them, they look silly. Other times someone might look kind of plain, but wigs and makeup do wonders.

    * There's a line between wanting something and obsessing over it. There are a lot of CMs on this board, and things seem to spread very easily, even through a huge company like Disney. Like DisneyMouse already mentioned, if you get a reputation for being "obsessive," that's only going to hurt you. It's understandable to want to know what the audition process is like, but that's already been covered a few times in this thread. Everything else is just fluff that really isn't important.


    * Bottom line. Just go to the audition when you're old enough. No amount of "knowing" will change things. If you don't make it, but want it badly enough, keep going. When you go, just be yourself. I've seen people show up with salon up-dos meant to look like the actual princesses and stage make-up that would scare a clown. No crazy hair, no colored contacts, just you. If the princesses see potential in you, they'll work with you. If not, there's nothing else you can do.

    Again, not trying to be mean, just trying to throw some practical advice in there. :-) good luck to everyone auditioning this week!!!

    oh and PS- I think Jessica Rabbit once made appearances at PI in WDW. It didn't last very long ;-)

    You really did clear up alot of my questions, now i certainly feel better about it! I suppose asking another question would be silly because your competely right, it doesnt matter how much info we gather on here, no ones gonna know except whos casting! lol well that was my imput, thanks again
    Live believing, Dreams are for weaving, Wonders are waiting to start

  4. #1354

    • Future Tinkerbell!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to Disneyland
    Posts
    1,433

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Oh, but could you tell me, are the shorter, younger characters like Tink, Alice, and Wendy usually petite?

    Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

  5. #1355

    • Great Googily Moogily!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    226

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    Alright, so I'm gonna throw my two cents in here and in hopes that questions can be answered and this thread can disappear into the deep abyss... ;-) (so that some shreds of character integrity are kept.. haha) I'm not trying to offend anyone, just throwing in some honest answers. Just a few things from the bits and pieces I've read in the thread- not answering anyone in particular.

    * In regards to height- it's really not that important. Yes, there are set height ranges for each character, but those are fairly flexible. They will measure you barefoot, and then give you a "Disney Height." My Disney height is not the same as my real height. If they're desperate for friends of a certain character, and they like you enough, they'll make some exceptions. If they're not, they'll be more stringent. The shoes they wear are simply character shoes, and they come with different sizes of heels. If a princesses' friend is on the shorter end, they'll wear taller heels and vice versa. Most princess friends will fall between 5'4 and 5'6, but there will always be outliers.

    * And size- if you look healthy, you'll be ok. Some characters look for friends who have petite frames, some don't.

    * The age requirement is there for a reason. If someone is under 18, they have to deal with child labor laws, as well as the issue that they can only work (short) nights and weekends. Also, there is the issue of maturity. They want people who can look the part as well as handle the responsibilities of having a real job.

    * Realize that LA is filled with thousands and thousands of ambitious actresses and performers. Acting and dance experience will always be a plus. Not necessary, but a plus.

    * Don't worry about things you can't change. Eye color, body size, height, and the shape of your facial features will not change. You can obsess and stare and pictures of the princesses all day, but it still won't change your personal features. You can never nail down exactly what casting is looking for, you just show up and hope for the best. Please don't get your hopes up because someone else on the board says you're the spitting issue of so and so. Keep in mind that wigs and makeup do a lot. Sometimes people might look great, but when the princesses put wigs on them, they look silly. Other times someone might look kind of plain, but wigs and makeup do wonders.

    * There's a line between wanting something and obsessing over it. There are a lot of CMs on this board, and things seem to spread very easily, even through a huge company like Disney. Like DisneyMouse already mentioned, if you get a reputation for being "obsessive," that's only going to hurt you. It's understandable to want to know what the audition process is like, but that's already been covered a few times in this thread. Everything else is just fluff that really isn't important.


    * Bottom line. Just go to the audition when you're old enough. No amount of "knowing" will change things. If you don't make it, but want it badly enough, keep going. When you go, just be yourself. I've seen people show up with salon up-dos meant to look like the actual princesses and stage make-up that would scare a clown. No crazy hair, no colored contacts, just you. If the princesses see potential in you, they'll work with you. If not, there's nothing else you can do.

    Again, not trying to be mean, just trying to throw some practical advice in there. :-) good luck to everyone auditioning this week!!!

    oh and PS- I think Jessica Rabbit once made appearances at PI in WDW. It didn't last very long ;-)

    Have you PLay'ed today?

  6. #1356

    • Should we be HYSTERICAL?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Andy's Toy Box
    Posts
    100

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by ACByourself View Post
    well that's a nice way to welcome the new girl. lol jk.

    hey andrea, and thanks for the luck.
    LOL it was unfortunate reply placing XD--

    and thank you so much, kcw! it makes so much sense!

  7. #1357

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Welcome andrea!
    Oh and KCW thanks!
    This thread just keeps going and often times on off topic things. xD Haha.

  8. #1358

    • Future Tinkerbell!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to Disneyland
    Posts
    1,433

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    Welcome andrea!
    Oh and KCW thanks!
    This thread just keeps going and often times on off topic things. xD Haha.

    Hahaha...mhmm! I love this thread for that! We have lots o' fun!

    Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

  9. #1359

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Hey guys, I kinda think KCW made a point. About all the rest of the stuff we're talking about is "fluff" I kinda agree. I mean, I know everything I need to know and i'm sure after all of you reading this thread you do too. I kinda feel bad for ruining the magic a little. We're not ruining magic but you know, we're talking about wanting to potray a character, but the character is the character! :P
    Maybe we should just stop replying in this thread, close it down, and if anyone else wants to start a thread about this then you can. But I'm pretty good with everything I need to know!

    We can all just add eachother and talk through messages if we want to.

    But then again, I can't just say let's stop talking in this thread and everyone agree. xD
    But this thread is also getting too long..

  10. #1360

    • Should we be HYSTERICAL?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Andy's Toy Box
    Posts
    100

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    I agree =)

  11. #1361

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    167

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    or you can always go on facebook 2 talk and plan
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

  12. #1362

    • Stop That!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Remaining Seated
    Posts
    966

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    But...what about the eavesdroppers! Won't someone think of the eavesdroppers!?
    .


  13. #1363

    • Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    78

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    aw man. this is the quietest this thread has been since i joined mc.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    -Walt Disney

  14. #1364

    • Great Googily Moogily!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    226

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by ACByourself View Post
    aw man. this is the quietest this thread has been since i joined mc.

    LALA LA LA LA LALA!!!!!*SCREAM* Is that loud enough for ya?
    Have you PLay'ed today?

  15. #1365

    • Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    78

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by bubble_POP View Post
    LALA LA LA LA LALA!!!!!*SCREAM* Is that loud enough for ya?
    hmm. not quite. make the font bigger. lol.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    -Walt Disney


Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?
    By lauranelson27 in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 03:48 AM
  2. Face Character auditions...AGAIN!
    By Raiderette4gnr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:08 AM
  3. face character auditions!
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By Rocker in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
  5. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By broadwaybaby615 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •